Villa PR and why I’m fed up with it.

It seems we beat a mighty Mansfield Town second team today;

www.avfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10265~4013478,00.html

The trouble with this is, I couldn’t care less in the slightest and it really bugs me.
Surely Mansfield town should at best be seen as on a level with our academy kids? If the hype that we get spoon-fed about our academy kids is actually true, that is.
And would the squad playing against a load of kids normally warrant any kind of report? I doubt it.

I’m utterly bored with this type of stuff, which for me, can be summed up in “Okore had a run-out and didn’t collapse”. Same as for Unzog and his fabled injury (gardening leave, if like me, you don’t believe the BS), who should be well up for it, or totally pissed off (take your pick).
Which leads us back to Bent and Mutton.
Will they be willing to go balls out for the club after they’ve been right royally abandoned?
I doubt it, myself, but we’ll no doubt see.

I know the OS has to post something, but if this is as good as it gets in the closed season, we’re in trouble.

Show at least some ambition Villa and give us somthing to shout about, for god’s sake.
KI would be a minimum first signing, for me.
I don’t think he’s anything special, but he’s possibly better than anything we’ve got.
Which isn’t saying a lot.

1. Hitchens 60 July 20, 2014 at 7:58 pm . Reply

Giddy – exactly!

2. Hitchens 60 July 20, 2014 at 8:20 pm . Reply

It’s ironic, don’t you think, that this post complains about the PR machine at Villa and it’s relentless drive to con us poor ‘idiots’ into buying season tickets against our will whilst at the same time blowing both legs off by upsetting fans over Ian Taylor’s exclusion from the US Tour. You couldn’t make it up!

1. LANGFORDVILLA July 20, 2014 at 9:20 pm . Reply

The Brum mail claims that Tayls was not available so Hendrie is simply standing in for him. I am not sure what to believe!

1. Lamberk July 20, 2014 at 10:01 pm . Reply

Mmmm, not sure what to think either.
        I’d tend to be leaning on the side of the B’ham Mail as they must be on a charm offensive now, because Mat Kendrick was writing all sorts of negative stuff towards the back-end of last season. In particular, calling for Lambert’s head!!
        Kendrick won’t say anything now as he is probably out there with them for a free holiday!!!

3. LANGFORDVILLA July 20, 2014 at 10:17 pm . Reply

Lol…yes Matt is not flavour of the month at VP. Surprised (and pleased) to see that Tekkers has gone on the USA TRIP.

1. OohAhPaulMcGrath July 21, 2014 at 12:09 am . Reply

New post but up re MARTIN Samuel article. Says it all really we really are fucked!

4. #HELENIUS July 21, 2014 at 9:28 am . Reply

Following on from the Taylor debate – He started getting gobby towards the back end of last season and up to now. As an ambassador of the club he should be more selective in what he socially writes and “IF” its true that he was axed from the tour then he the right decision imo and only has himself to blame

1. Lamberk July 21, 2014 at 9:52 am . Reply

Paul Lambert and Randy Lerner could come and shit in your front room and you’d still take the side of the club.