Villa – Man City; The League cup final

Yes, that’s what I still think of it as and that’s what it always will be to me.
I can’t be doing with this sponsorship rubbish and reckon I’m not alone.

It’s hard to think what to say about this game as most Villa fan’s opinions are that they don’t care a stuff about this game and would rather we just survive in the Premier league, even if we were to lose tomorrow.
I totally understand that thinking and mostly agree with it, but at the same time, I don’t believe we should just give up on the game.
Certainly Dean Smith won’t be willing to throw the game away, as it is silverware after all, as much as it would be little consolation if we were to get relegated later.

Let’s do the squad news and Keinan Davis has trained since Monday, so might be available.
Given that we have nothing to lose for this game I’d like to see Smith change something up and wonder if he might consider two up top, with Davis and Samatta? I could see a decent pairing there.
I don’t think it’ll happen though.
The only other news is that John McGinn isn’t anywhere near ready, but we all knew that anyway.

As for City, they’ll be without Aymeric Laporte, after he imjured his Hamstring.
Winger Leroy Sane is the only other player unavailable.
Not that it matters much They could have a dozen injuries and still put a good side out.

I think the big question is will the manager persist with 3/5 at the back or will he change to a 4?
I have a feeling he will change, because our midfield will just be overwhelmed if we don’t and again we don’t have much to lose if we try.

Then we simply can’t sit back, as we did in the home spanking or we’ll just get a similar result, which will hopefully mean the fans see an entertaining game.

I know what you’re thinking.
How will it be entertaining when we’re getting tonked?
Well, there’s the thing. I really have a sneaky feeling we won’t get our behinds kicked; certainly not by many anyway.
I know, I’m nuts!
But this is football remember, where anything can happen.
Who’d have given Watford a prayer against Liverpool today, for example?

And just as many of us didn’t think we’d beat Leicester, you just never know.

I have to be really honest and say I’m really struggling to say we’ll win.
A massive part of me is thinking something like a 4-1 loss, but I think it’ll be much tighter than that.

I’m going to go for a 2-2 draw at full time.
And then anything really can happen.
It’s a one-off game remember.

Bum Bum March 1, 2020 at 6:49 pm .

Trying to distract myself from the final result by playing The Fall.
    Is Endeavour on ITV tonight?
    Seriously though, I’m looking forward to our next league matches. I think we can just stay up by the skin of our teeth.
    Come on you Lions!!!!!!!!!!
    VTID.

Holte66 March 1, 2020 at 7:15 pm .

Leicester away next on Monday night for Sky. They are struggling at the moment so we need to take advantage of that.

DSVilla March 1, 2020 at 7:18 pm .

Hope you enjoyed it lads, despite the result. I switched off after 18 mins as the stress was making feel like I was going to have a heart attack.

Bum Bum March 1, 2020 at 7:21 pm .

The Villa get you like that. I’d given up until we scored and was about to turn off too. That goal breathed life back into the game. One of my boys predicted 2-2 and was soooooooooo close.

Hitchens60 March 1, 2020 at 7:44 pm .

F***ing BBC sucking up to Citeh – makes one sick

Bill Pearson March 1, 2020 at 8:06 pm .

I’m beginning to sobber up.. granddaughters team won the cup after extra time 2-1 beat wolves ladies.

nath March 1, 2020 at 8:07 pm .

well i watched this game in a city blue local pub lol i feared the worst when we was two nil down. i was taking some banter to say the least. but do you know what,,, i was e=really proud to wear my villa colors and the way we battled on against a superior team was really heart warming. lee mason can kiss my ass, that corner goal was b/s everybody in the stadium and viewing on the box saw that was a goal kick. then only bitch about us i will say is,,, we have mings our best header marking fresh air / space. shirley you mark their best with our best.

villa deserved massive praise for their game they produced against the odds. if we can replicate this fight in the remaining games. we might just escape. but we can not afford to take more backwards steps. today we played like lions against one of the best.

i also said some while ago samatta is a good striker who looks to feed of them crosses. we need to switch from the 5 at the back because we are weak down the middle. get them crosses in for samatta he will score them goals to save us. even switch to 442 have grealish as the second striker with licence to wonder across the field not backwards thou. i best sober up quickly lol night all

nath March 1, 2020 at 8:12 pm .

i forgot to mention the most important action lol i thought that header from engels was in and i prematurely celebrated only to swallow my pride and wind my neck back in. we was so close at the end and had that goal gone in. extra time we might have gone onto win the cup

Hitchens60 March 1, 2020 at 10:29 pm .

The boys did good today.

One thing which really bugged me was on commentary.

The first when x Citeh scored from the ‘non’ corner, the commentary seemed to concentrate on our (poor) defending rather than the injustice of the corner being awarded – would that have been true had it been at the other end? Heavens knows how they would have reacted had it been a VAR decision!

The second was Samatta’s goal – the commentary seemed more interested in Stones mistake rather than the fact that El Ghazi produced a super cross and Samatta positioned well and scored a great header. Again if it had been the other way around with Aguero involved ……..

Or am I just being overly sensitive?

Although we need to be in the EPL, I hate what it’s become.