Villa – Chelsea: And the fans are back. Well, some of them

Well, here we are, the last game of the season and it’s against a Chelsea side who are still fighting for a Champion’s league place.
You can be sure they’ll be trying then, even if they do probably have one eye on this year’s final. They won’t want to miss out on all that filthy lucre after all, will they?

The big news here is that the fans are back; well at least the lucky 10,000 who won the ballot are.
We’re not really playing for much, as we can’t improve or lose a league place, so there’s no extra money to be earned. Which really annoys me as it means Leeds have proved me wrong and finished above us. I know many of us think we’ve done well to be where we are in our second season, but I really thought we’d be able to do better than them in their first season back in the premier league. It is what it is, I suppose.

Squad news and it’s the same for us. Trezeguet is out long term, Cash is out for the season and Sanson is also out.

As for Chelsea, N’Golo Kante went off injured against Leicester and is doubtful, as is Kai Havertz.
There’s a chance Andreas Christensen will be available.

I found one interesting stat and it’s the one that says Chelsea’s highest league scorer this season is Jorginho with a measly seven goals. That’s incredibly low for a team challenging for the Champion’s league and I thought it’s also interesting that all of his goals have come from penalties.
They don’t score as many as you think either, although they have the second best defence this season after Man City.

I don’t see many goals then and think a single one will be enough to take the points.
I don’t know who to call it for though.

If we play as well as we did against Spurs we’ll win.
Yes, I’m going a Villa win, 1-0.

Page 6 of 7 1 4 5 6 7
  1. steve
    steve June 2, 2021 at 2:21 pm . Reply

It wouldn’t surprise if Southgate plays the 4 right backs in one game !!!

2. Big Fat Ron
    Big Fat Ron June 3, 2021 at 3:47 pm . Reply

Anyone watched the John Gregory podcast with Matt Kendrick? Fascinating stuff!

3. Sidforever
    Sidforever June 4, 2021 at 10:56 am . Reply

Badger
    I just wanted to say thank you for another season of running this site.
    Kind regards
    Sid

4. DSVilla
    DSVilla June 4, 2021 at 4:47 pm . Reply

I would like to echo what Sid said above. Thanks mate. I’m sure it’s a pain sometimes

5. little8
    little8 June 5, 2021 at 3:37 pm . Reply

Ye thanks badger so much for the site you do a brilliant job

6. Bill Pearson..
    Bill Pearson.. June 5, 2021 at 5:16 pm . Reply

Stick with it Badger the lads are with you and thanks from me. I see that the buy back agreement ends and Man City as let it ride.Luis is a free man to Villa.
    Keep it going lads love the posts no other site for me.

7. OLL again
    OLL again June 5, 2021 at 6:45 pm . Reply

So first man in is Buendia from Norwich according to the BBC (reliable with news of footballers, not so good with princesses).
    I wonder what the future holds for Douglas Luiz?

8. Bill Pearson..
    Bill Pearson.. June 5, 2021 at 8:51 pm . Reply

Emiliano Buendia: Aston Villa agree club-record transfer fee with Norwich for Argentine midfielder
    Emiliano Buendia is on the verge of joining Aston Villa for £33m from newly-promoted Norwich City; Argentine midfielder was named Championship player of the season following the club’s promotion back to the Premier League; The fee could rise to nearly £40m with bonus add-ons

9. Big Fat Ron
    Big Fat Ron June 6, 2021 at 12:04 am . Reply

Just a thought: massive waiting list for season tickets and record sales again, apparently. Did we miss a trick in not accelerating the expansion of Villa Park during the lockdowns? Imagine how much work could’ve been done from March 2020 to August 2021, from drawing board to building site. As things stand, demand outstrips supply, which isn’t a great business strategy. As you might have guessed, I’m on the waiting list for a season ticket and won’t be holding my breath of getting my hands on one! 🙁

10. Hitchens60
    Hitchens60 June 6, 2021 at 7:56 am . Reply

Luiz buy back clause expired at 12 midnight last night (5th June) so, as BBC not reporting anything, can we now assume Citeh have not triggered it?