Villa 1 – 0 West Ham; Safe surely?

After having been extremely lucky (and crafty) for quite a while now, I wasn’t able to wangle getting away from work early enough today.
Hence I only managed to see the last 10 minutes or so and can’t really comment about the match at all.
All I know is that Cleverley got the goal, which makes it three in three games. He’s certainly staking his claim for a contract, isn’t he?

But never mind missing the game though. Having seen today’s results I’m now convinced we’re safe for another season, as while I can see Hull getting at least something at Spurs, I just can’t see them getting anything against Man Utd. Either way, I don’t see them getting the required four points for them to overtake us on goal difference.
And that’s if we don’t get another point, against Southampton away or Burnley at home, which I think we will.

Again having looked at the results, I quite simply have to take my hat off to Leicester, who have won an amazing six out of their last seven games.
When you consider all the stuff that went on with Pearson just a few weeks back, it’s a great story.
And when you add in the fact that they’ve apparently doubled their points tally in the last month, well….
They deserve to stop up, in my opinion.

Enough of Leicester though and no doubt some of you will be telling me we aren’t mathematically safe yet and that would of course be correct.
I’m still very confident we’ll survive though and the thought of Sherwood getting next season and a chance to add some of his own players is a very interesting one.

1. Andrew May 11, 2015 at 8:18 pm . Reply

Sherwood has been pictured tonight at Swindon’s game.

1. OohAhPaulMcGrath May 11, 2015 at 8:23 pm . Reply

Must after the Swindon managers job then according to Keane!

1. Andrew May 11, 2015 at 8:28 pm . Reply

Clearly. or he’s scouting players, which is just rude, should never have players watched, disrespectful and Keane would never do such a thing.

2. Bum Bum May 11, 2015 at 10:09 pm . Reply

Yup. Checking out the FA cup final opposition!!!! Good old Swindon!!!

2. pat57 May 11, 2015 at 10:23 pm . Reply

Swansea beating the Arse. Well if Monks can do it I’m bloody certain Sherwood can!

I’ve got a funny feeling that on May 31 I’ll be changing my moniker from Pat57 to Pat15

God how this season has turned around!

UTV

1. Ardent Villain May 11, 2015 at 10:46 pm . Reply

That result tonight will mean that Arseholes can’t just take it easy between now and the 30th; they’ll want to avoid ManUre leapfrogging them into 3rd place and having to play the extra CL qualifiers again.

1. OohAhPaulMcGrath May 12, 2015 at 1:02 pm . Reply

They will finish 3 rd as they have game in hand and 2 points clear of Utd

3. pat57 May 11, 2015 at 10:57 pm . Reply

Whereas if Villa get anything against Southampton and/or Hull get beat on Saturday Villa can relax and give some players a break before the Cup final.

Just keeps getting better.

I find that I have to pinch myself occasionally just to prove it isn’t some sort of weird dream!

UTV

4. Tyson May 12, 2015 at 1:29 am . Reply

interesting he’s at the Swindon game- the ozzie Massimo Luongo plays for them – he had a brilliant asian cup and hasd been linked to a few PL club (including ours)

1. Andrew May 12, 2015 at 3:58 am . Reply

2nd time in a month he’s been there.