Villa 1 – 0 Fulham; Was that the turning point?

Oh man, I’m in the middle of a bout of Manflu and it’s really bad.
So bad that I took a day off today. If you consider that the days I’ve had off in ten years through illness could probably be counted on one hand, you maybe get my drift.
Which is on top of the fact that we know that everyone’s Manflu is worse than anyone else’s anyway.

Fortunately, whereas yesterday evening when I really thought I was going to die (I swear my temperature was 120F easily), after literally eighteen hours of on and off sleep, so I think I’ve got past the worst of it.
I still feel rubbish, but I think I’ll be ok to go back to work tomorrow.

Which all got me to thinking about Villa’s current state.

I won’t talk too much about the game, as I’ve only seen the highlights and am going off consensus; which is that Fulham didn’t really want to play to win and we weren’t making much headway in breaking them down.
Bruce changed it up though, in bringing the not really fit Adomah on and it proved inspired with the player setting up Kodjia who scored a great goal (how often have we seen superb goals down the Villa recently?).

Anyway, after the Wolves game I was all doom and gloom, wasn’t I? So much so that I really worried about the Reading game.
Is that fickle?
Not really, in my opinion, as you can only comment on the last game you saw.

But we went on to win the Reading game and have now coupled it with a win against Fulham, the first back to back wins in nearly eighteen months.

Which all goes back to the Manflu I’ve had.
Just where I was thinking things were still on a downward spiral, so they suddenly started to turn up.
I suspect I’ll still feel rough tomorrow, which I suppose you could link to what’s going to happen to the Villa over the next few months.
But I’ve definitely reached the turning point and things are looking better.

So I think the Villa have hit the turning point too.

I know you’ve probably all seen that video loads of times, but it was a beauty, wasn’t it?

Page 2 of 2 1 2
  1. giddyvillan October 28, 2016 at 4:21 pm . Reply

No SCUM preview lads?? 0-5 VILLA SOTFC VTID

2. nath October 29, 2016 at 8:33 am . Reply

no derby post guys 🙁 biggest game in Birmingham fc history and no write up. is this because for villa its just another game 🙂 against some little club with big mouths fans trying to make it a contest. 2 nil to the villa

3. Bum Bum October 29, 2016 at 10:23 am . Reply

3-1 Villa. We’re up for the fight this time! Just please, no Enkelman type errors!

4. bencey83 October 29, 2016 at 3:30 pm . Reply

Anyone else think tomorrow’s game is huge?! If we can beat them in their own back yard it’s going to give us so much energy moving forward. It also takes us up to the 20 point mark. 93 points left to play play after that. Around the 90 point mark seems to be the aim for automatic promotion. Anything in the mid to high 80s being the playoff spots. Gather a bit of momentum and get on a run now and anything is possible. Bruce is like a breath of fresh air. Talks a lot of sense and won’t take any nonsense from the prima donnas in the dressing room. He’ll get us back in the fighting spirit. Tomorrow is a great time to start showing it! COYV!!!

5. giddyvillan October 29, 2016 at 4:31 pm . Reply

Who the fuck wanted wagner jeez

1. pat57 October 29, 2016 at 4:47 pm . Reply

Yes looks like the Huddersfield bubble’s burst. Norwich getting stuffed as well.
      Strange league!

1. giddyvillan October 29, 2016 at 5:35 pm . Reply

I think the honeymoon period is over for the early performers that includes the bluenose scum.

2. Hitchens 60 October 29, 2016 at 5:16 pm . Reply

Never did Giddy; we had to go for experience in the situation we were in. Just hope we don’t fall into bad habits tomorrow – bottle of single malt at the ready – either way!

1. pat57 October 29, 2016 at 5:22 pm . Reply

@H60 I’ve got a strange feeling that it might be a celebratory drink for you tomorrow.

I was going to predict a draw (which I’d quite happily settle for) but who knows…three in a row anyone?

1. giddyvillan October 29, 2016 at 5:28 pm . Reply

I’ll be on the piss tomorrow whatever the outcome saying that I’m on it most days.

1. Dave67 October 29, 2016 at 6:46 pm .

I will be having a few tomorrow myself. I am going for a Villa win I think Bruce will get us across the line.

6. giddyvillan October 29, 2016 at 7:27 pm . Reply

Sunday lunchtime is sacred to a drinker get it down yer 😀