Villa 0 – 0 Crystal Palace; A total disgrace, Sanchez the only good player and Lambert out.

I said at half time in the previous thread that the headline of this post would be the same, regardless of the result.
It would have needed a miraculous change in performance in the second half to have changed my opinion, but it wasn’t forthcoming.

I struggle to recall such a poor performance from the Villa, I really do.

I’m struggling to find any positives whatsoever.
We created nothing, as per usual, but this is par for the course.

The difference today is we were playing Palace, that mighty side that are always difficult to play against.
The fact that they’re at the bottom of the league just proves that (sarcasm).

Total and utter rubbish, with no movement whatsoever up front, which is so, so poor.
Tired?
Maybe, but it must have been the same for Palace, unless you think they have a better squad.

End of the day, we never looked like scoring, did we?

Anyone who thinks Lambert is the man for us is surely deluded, judging by that performance, in my opinion.
I quite simply want him gone.

I really don’t think that I have much more to say, apart from if Sanchez doesn’t get the MOTM award with a 95% vote, you must have been watching a different game to me.

The over-riding thought is LAMBERT OUT, as we don’t deserve to be watching the utter rubbish that we witnessed today, especially at home.

Page 2 of 2 1 2
  1. Dave67 January 1, 2015 at 9:36 pm . Reply

I would take anybody at this stage.

2. Benno January 1, 2015 at 11:02 pm . Reply

Lambert thinks that we are doing so well that we dont need one! I also just watched his post-match interview, I think he lives in a different reality to all of us!

3. Ifiruledtheworld January 2, 2015 at 2:13 am . Reply

Christensen and Sanogo are doing the rounds on Twitter, really like the look of Christensen and Benteke up front with Sanogo could be very formidable, it wasn’t that long ago he scored against Dortmund after all..

4. Andrew January 2, 2015 at 4:41 am . Reply

Sanogo’s mediocre. Everyone’s scoring against Dortmund this season, they’ve been terrible with a crap load of injuries. But that is his only goal this season, actually his only goal for Arsenal in any competition bar the Emirates cup. Nowhere near good enough and we’d be much better off keeping Robinson on the bench than bringing in someone who’s no better than the youth player we have who can’t get time.

1. Andrew January 2, 2015 at 4:43 am . Reply

As for Christensen, seems similar to Bacuna in the fact he can play central or out right, but isn’t a forward/attacking midfielder type. He’d definitely be Delph’s replacement.

2. Ifiruledtheworld January 2, 2015 at 11:05 am . Reply

He has a goal in the Champions League, which is something we can’t say about any of our other strikers, and Dortmund have been far from terrible in the Champions League this season.

1. Andrew January 2, 2015 at 4:27 pm . Reply

They were terrible against Arsenal, who were comfortable, and shouldn’t be with the squad they have. 1 goal in the CL doesn’t make him near good enough to come to Villa though.

1. Ifiruledtheworld January 2, 2015 at 6:09 pm . Reply

Someone who has scored in the Champions League isn’t good enough for Villa? That’s a little odd, he certainly can’t be worse than Gabby and Weimann..

1. GIDDYVILLAN January 2, 2015 at 6:15 pm .

He scored a goal at least I’ll settle for that atm,none of our lot can’t even manage that whatever the competition is.

5. Hitchens 60 January 2, 2015 at 9:40 am . Reply

After 50+ years a Villa fan I fear that I have completely lost interest – what a sad start to a New Year

6. Bencey83 January 2, 2015 at 11:19 am . Reply

Someone tell Lambert that the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result! “We go again!”

7. gerry January 2, 2015 at 12:02 pm . Reply

Telling Lambert that he is useless and must go must therefore be an example of insanity.

Whatever Lambert does or does not do means nothing if the players do not show the most basic of skills. I read that we have a completed pass rate of 58% so who completes and who does not. We witness week after week the back 4/goalie/Sanchez playing one touch passing for no apparent reason and they must be showing a completion of maybe 90%. That suggests, roughly, less than 6% completed in front of them. To me that is the real problem and whats with Benteke. He is playing like a sportsman going on holiday. Happy to join in but going to risk an injury. This is a guy I once called a sponge because of the way he took a pass and with sheer power held the ball until he got support. The last 2 games he has treated it as a hot potato with first touch passes back to the people who passed it to him, mainly putting them under pressure. Hutton, who has been so good, has lost the use of his right eye and cuts left till he loses it. Even Grealish (I am a fan) has become predictable and easy to read. Sanchez is being made to look poor at times because our guys don’t move for him. I said last week that we couldn’t cross and we can’t, I just watched Stoke and how good to they make Crouch look. A new manager will make no difference until he has players who play to their ability. Bring in any manager you like, give him these players in their current moods, limit him to the resources Lambert has and nothing will change. Rant over and a Happy New Year to you all, yes even you.

1. nath January 2, 2015 at 12:47 pm . Reply

totally agree movement was yesterday problem or lack of it, sanchez passes and moves, but the rest of the villa players pass and return to being a statue, this system you all need to be comfortable with the ball, sadly most lacked this, movement is also a big part because palace didn’t do anything extra ordinary, they just blocked the avenues to the goal with bodies, movement was needed to pull them out of their shape and sadly weimann and gabby and benteke all lacked basic movements, cleverley and bacuna lacked ability to pass the ball progressively and move.

8. nath January 2, 2015 at 12:28 pm . Reply

i really don’t understand most of us, before game most expected a tough match, including me, just seen most posts and Bencey83 has stated villa don’t have the players for this current system,that’s so true. but most wanted to stop the whack it up field av it style to benteke, play a more passing game, regardless of the fact we don’t have the players for this, we have speed so this is why, not only current manager but previous ones all played countering footy.

changing the style is great, if we have the players to play the system, or if they can recruit some. of the game yesterday its what i expected, palace were allowing us no space to work in which is allowed, villa had no guile to break um, crowd got on the backs at times which made villa players more nervous, but had we taken two chances, which fell to hutton and benteke it could have been different.

if we continue this system, it would only take a few new additions, some goals and the confidence will flow into their game, the way we play you need confidence and you can’t afford players hiding, all must want the ball and all need to be comfortable on it

cheers dave again for the link

p.s any news on vlaars injury this could fook up his exit

1. GarethVilla January 2, 2015 at 1:08 pm . Reply

Listening to you is like listening to Lambert.
      All if’s and but’s with you.
      This club will NEVER progress with Lambert as manager despite whatever “systems” he convinces himself we are playing.

2. Dave67 January 2, 2015 at 1:26 pm . Reply

No problem Nath

1. nath January 2, 2015 at 1:47 pm . Reply

was a good link, but our team didn’t play that well there lmao.

gareth by listening you must mean reading my remarks, i am so sorry i make you feel you can’t escape from lambert, after hes gone ,how will you fill your days. what will you write about. its all so tempting to join the motley crew brigade to see what would gareths life would be like without lambert, its like wonderful life starring paul lambert

the bells are ringing (another angel gareth gets his wings) for claret and blue

1. GarethVilla January 2, 2015 at 2:23 pm . Reply

Nath, a Lambert free Villa Park sounds as blissful as not having to READ your comments!!

1. nath January 2, 2015 at 2:47 pm .

unfortunately i can’t bless you that wish, you see now i know my bulshit is hard for you to swallow i will post it more frequently just cos i can, power to the ppl and all

so whats on the lambert out agenda today, making protest banners, chaining urself to a gate in protest or perhaps same old writing nothing but bulshit, your not that same idiot that goes by the name dinish on fb you sound like him, he could well be your sole mate worth checking it out

2. GarethVilla January 2, 2015 at 3:19 pm .

As uppose to you who seems to think that there will be some sort of improvement under this fool.
            Your as dilusional as Lambert if you think that.
            These nearly 3 years of this idiot have brought nothing but misery.
            Everything he trys – fails.
            His tactics, his player selection and his buys.
            Simply awful.
            I think your the only one left on here now that thinks any different. Except Jaydee, who changes his opinion at the drop of a hat.

3. nath January 2, 2015 at 3:49 pm .

oh i didn’t know i was the last person to change his /her mind on lambert. damn i stand out, i am not in the flock. my goal in life, was to stay safe in that flock . i guess i should too change my mind and think like the rest of you. is their a book on how too think and act as a villa fan. i need redemption iam glad my friend gareths here to point me in the right direction st andrews that way. jaydee knows football, i have to say there’s loads of ppl on this site that actually do. too many to name but jaydee does

i have to go now, if you continue forgive me i will get right back as soon as i can

9. nath January 2, 2015 at 3:59 pm . Reply

jaydee does write some decent posts i agree, the guy really knows his stuff, got to run you win everything you said it all makes sense now, you should be knighted for your efforts in guiding a lost sheep back into the flock, so what now we just bleat on here all day, my glass is half empty, lmao ltrs don’t worry same as for me much ltrs

10. gerry January 2, 2015 at 6:19 pm . Reply

“GarethVilla”
    “I think your the only one left on here now that thinks any different.”

In the true spirit of this time of the year..

Oh No He Is Not