Sunderland 0 – 4 Villa; Is that a misprint?

I feel really sorry for Sunderland’s fans.
Why?
Because that was the most inept and gutless performance against us that I can recall for a very long time.
And we thought we were in trouble, with the manager having to go, just a few weeks ago?
I’ll be very surprised if Gus Poyet hasn’t resigned by monday, as it was obvious to me that the players just don’t want to do it for him.
Still, it takes two teams to make a match and I’m not going to dwell on Sunderland’s woes, as we’ve had our fair share of the same, for far too long.

We did all that was required of us, in that we battled and won the balls where and when it mattered.
Bacuna and N’zogbia ran riot over Sunderland’s midfield, with Delph and even Cleverley just being far too good for the opposition today.
Frankly, that wasn’t difficult. When you see even Benteke getting time on the ball to play passes, you just know there’s something wrong.

The goals came so thick and fast that I can hardly remember them all.
1) Bacuna played a lovely ball in for benteke to sidefoot it home.
2) John O’Shea misjudged a long ball. Gabby got in behind him and cooly put it beyond Pantillimon. I’ll just call him Pants, because that’s what he was, today.
3) the ball comes in from the right and Gabby just drifts around two defenders who really didn’t seem to care, to fire home again.
4) Probably the most embarrassing of all. Bacuna floats one in and Benteke heads home so casually, it was frankly a joke.

4-0 up at half time then and the home fans had started to stream out before the interval.
The traditional season ticket and a scarf were thrown at the Sunderland bench and I just felt sorry.
Even worse, the fans booed the home side when they came back on. Which was just sad.
Fans of any club shouldn’t have to undergo what we saw today, in my opinion.

And just as you’d expect, we took our foot totally off the gas, which quite disappointed me, as I felt there were easily more goals to come.
Still, while it would have been nice to improve our goal difference further, there really was no need to kill ourselves. We’d done the job.
Although Sunderland did have a couple of chances.

The icing on the cake?
Hepburn-Murphy getting 10 minutes on the pitch.
What was Lambert thinking?

Oh, I nearly forgot.
Lambert wasn’t managing us was he?

And didn’t it show?

The Tim Sherwood show goes on and I’m loving it.

Dare I mention Europa league?

pat57 March 16, 2015 at 10:29 pm .

Grrrrr…@BBCMOTD

Sorry

Andrew March 17, 2015 at 1:41 am .

Don’t think we did Sunderland fans a favor as Dick Advocaat seems likely to be their new manager. Yikes.

Hitchens 60 March 17, 2015 at 8:44 am .

Confirmed Advocaat as new manager. I always thought it was a drink like egg nog – disgusting!

Bum Bum March 17, 2015 at 1:24 pm .

No way!!! Yr kidding!!!!

Andrew March 18, 2015 at 12:00 am .

Did you? Haha

He’s got a lot of experience but his recent run as manager isn’t great. Can see it going the way of ol’ Felix at Fulham.

Vaze March 17, 2015 at 1:42 am .

Season ticket holders do not ‘get’ six tickets, that’s the maximum mumber that can be purchased together at one time. All reference numbers would have to qualify for the said criteria at date of sale.

So before you slag fellow Villans who have had a season ticket for years and actually go to games, intonating that we’ll just buy lots of tickets and tout them, understand the criteria please.

This site will never change, eight goals in twelve days, never mind twenty four games, an FA Cup semi final and you’re still wining.

Jesus wept !

Hitchens 60 March 17, 2015 at 8:40 am .

I like wining – red in particular it goes well with the roast beef 🙂

BWS March 17, 2015 at 12:26 pm .

Vaze yea your right but I thought you were one of Lambert’s Luvvies and the sky would fall in if he left?

OohAhPaulMcGrath March 17, 2015 at 12:53 pm .

so how many are st holders allowed to have? i dont understand this reference thing

BWS March 17, 2015 at 3:21 pm .

One, reference is you client reference number i.e. your season ticket number or if you haven’t got one the number you use when you purchase tickets.
        Wouldn’t worry about it mate, unless you had a season ticket since pongo wearing was playing and haven’t missed a cup match since 57 you ain’t going to be in with much of a shout.

Bill Pearson March 17, 2015 at 4:26 pm .

BWS, when would you think Oohah was at Villa park last, I’ll hazard a guess! Could have been the time Paul McGrath use to turn up, or Jerry Hitchens started kicking a case ball.

Bum Bum March 17, 2015 at 1:29 pm .

It’s nice to be still winning Vaze!

Hitchens 60 March 17, 2015 at 8:42 am .

Could probably get SF tickets through my daughter but decided not to go. Last SF I went to was against Bolton – dire!

Bill Pearson March 17, 2015 at 9:21 am .

Did the same Hitch, my lad asked me but declined, been there done it now to dear a day, what’s put me off is the foreign staff most cannot speak English, I had a job to communicate with stewards and sellers.

DSVilla March 17, 2015 at 9:25 am .

That was a horrible game Hitchens. We were totally devoid of any attacking intent (sound familiar?). Lucky to get through on penalties. I remember going to final thinking we can’t be as bad as in the SF. I was right, we were even worse!

Hitchens 60 March 17, 2015 at 9:44 pm .

Correct DS and Bolton really should have won; they had a couple of really good chances but decided to miss the goal completely!

BWS March 17, 2015 at 4:37 pm .

They were still playing at Perry Barr Bill.