Spurs 0 -1 Villa; What a brilliant 3 points!

Well, that was unexpected, wasn’t it? Well, it was from me anyway.

That is the first game Spurs have lost at home since November, let’s not forget that.

While it might be easy to say that Spurs didn’t play to their best and had vital players missing, the latter point seems to have applied to us for a very long time.
They had a somewhat makeshift defence and so did we. Hence you can’t give Spurs any credit for that, in my opinion.

So what made this one so good?
It was simply the overall application.
Anyone who thinks that the players don’t want to play for Sherwood is quite frankly deluded and those players on the pitch today ran their proverbials off.

There were four possibles for man of the match today.
Delph for his constant running and energy.
Sanchez, who did what I expected him to do, in being a holder/stopper.
Benteke, who got the goal, but more importantly is beginning to show another dimension to his game, with his passing and vision.

And the Villa fans who were actually there.

You never know how the fans sound at the ground, compared to how the mics are set up, but from where I watched the game, they were simply outstanding and I think they edged it.
The consensus overall, is that we have brilliant away fans, some of the best in the game.
Hence I’m happy to give it to them.

I’ll probably expand more on my thoughts about the actual game in the thread, but my immediate thought is “papering over the cracks?”.
I don’t think so and to be honest, I’m glad to see some Sherwood haters proven wrong.

There aren’t many teams who win at Spurs and I’m simply chuffed to bits.

There are still many twists and turns to be seen before this season is out.

1. Bill Pearson April 12, 2015 at 4:31 pm . Reply

Come on Langford you told me last season you was frightened of the wife, or was it the year before?

1. Bum Bum April 12, 2015 at 5:11 pm . Reply

Are any of us NOT frightened of the wife!! I bet yr missus tells you what to do with your vegetables Bill πŸ˜‰

1. B6 April 12, 2015 at 5:22 pm . Reply

I’ve heard she tells him what to do with his meat as well!!!…….Just saying. πŸ˜‰

2. langfordvilla April 12, 2015 at 5:30 pm . Reply

I’ve heard his vegetables are quite large too πŸ™‚ He’s a grower, not a shower πŸ™‚

3. OohAhPaulMcGrath April 12, 2015 at 9:59 pm . Reply

I’m scared of my girlfriend like most men I do as I’m told for a quiet life

2. langfordvilla April 12, 2015 at 5:27 pm . Reply

Me….frightened of the wife?…..no chance…..Buried in the garden years ago. People said she was ‘down to earth’. I said I’d prefer her ‘under the earth’ so I did πŸ™‚

1. Bum Bum April 12, 2015 at 5:34 pm . Reply

Lol!!! As much as they put us in our place, where would we be without the fairer sex???? We’d all sound like like OhAhh!!! πŸ˜‰

1. Bill Pearson April 12, 2015 at 5:51 pm . Reply

Yep mammoth onions, mammoth leaks, big as footballs and goal post, I wish.and only the gaffer when she goes out.

1. Hitchens 60 April 12, 2015 at 6:22 pm .

Bill won best rhubarb at our horticultural society show Saturday – mine were the longest and the straightest LOL

2. langfordvilla April 12, 2015 at 6:49 pm .

H60… Very funny. They tell me its best to put manure on your rhubard….I prefer custard myself πŸ™‚ have a safe journey mate

2. langfordvilla April 12, 2015 at 5:48 pm . Reply

My right arm would be much stronger! πŸ™‚ and my wallet alot heavier……she’s ruined my hearing, probably because I dont listen to her πŸ™‚

Bum Bum…..you said you were ‘sore’ from gardening earlier……where exactly are you sore? Do you live anywhere near Bills allotment?…..just asking πŸ™‚

1. Bum Bum April 12, 2015 at 8:34 pm . Reply

Bending down planting those seeds sure takes it out of you!!! I’ve modified a proximity alarm for when Bill is around!!!! When it goes off I rip my shirt off and run into his sweaty mud soaked arms!!! Lol!!!

3. badger123 April 12, 2015 at 5:56 pm . Reply

Well, I’ve just watched the second half of the Manc game and guess what?
    Citeh don’t scare me in the slightest.
    No doubt Oohah will say we can’t possibly beat them, as they’re top 4.
    But I think we can, with a bit of luck.

4. langfordvilla April 12, 2015 at 6:00 pm . Reply

Question…..I have been away for a couple of months. I have trawled the net since I came back to see what punishment the FA gave us for the pitch invasion. Cant find anything though. Surely they must have decided by now!

Can anyone give me a link or an answer?

Cheers

5. langfordvilla April 12, 2015 at 6:18 pm . Reply

Cheers…thats pretty lenient. We could afford to run on every time we are victorious….and there are plenty of them days ahead of us I feel.

6. langfordvilla April 12, 2015 at 6:45 pm . Reply

We can beat anyone IMO. I am positive going into every game. Sheerwood seems to have the attitude that I like. Give 100%, entertain and score at least one more than the opposition. No team should ever turn up thinking they will lose. I think Gabby (if fit) and Benteke can give them real problems. I am confident that we will get at least 7 more points!

1. Bill Pearson April 12, 2015 at 7:01 pm . Reply

I did hear Langford ,the blue noses had to stop fans running onto the pitch when celebrating corner kicks costing them money.

7. langfordvilla April 12, 2015 at 7:12 pm . Reply

Are the bluenoses good enough to win a corner? They must have improved dramitically πŸ™‚

8. Benno April 12, 2015 at 8:03 pm . Reply

So thinking forward to next weekend, what team do you think we should start against the scousers?

If Hutton is fit, I wonder whether he should slot in at right back and push Bacuna into the midfield, with Cleverley slotting into Sanchez’s spot. I think it would be suicide to put Sinclair or Nzogbia in instead, as we will be too open. The other option would be a straight sawp for Westwood.

But If Hutton isnt back and Westwood isnt fit, I think he may have a bit of a selection headache. The other midfielders are very attack-minded.

9. OriginalLondonLion April 12, 2015 at 9:32 pm . Reply

The Sun is shining and Villa are winning. Whaddiditellya? At the moment it is looking good weather-wise for Wembley on Sat. Villa don’t play along with the old gag about watching the grass grow if the team are playing crap. Villa play crap when the grass isn’t growing – from November to March.

Tim’s crack about icing on the cake players is going to be extremely tested I fear. The marzipan got himself stupidly suspended so we will have a small cake with thicker icing come Saturday. The chef has just a week to turn some egg-beaters into world-beaters and I think it will be too tough. A pity because nobody does sour-faced-git better than Rogers when he has lost and I was hoping to see him in full sulk.

10. pat57 April 12, 2015 at 10:23 pm . Reply

I am once again looking in my crystal ball (I actually haven’t done too bad so far!) and I predict –

Villa win in extra time in the Cup

Villa really unlucky at Man City – they only draw!!!

You heard it here first