Page 2 of 2 1 2
  1. Morgan Villa July 21, 2013 at 9:57 am . Reply

Is it time we stopped the Petrov round of applause, he is now fit amd well and in a new job at the club and in my opinion would now like to move on from the illness that ended his playing career. I know some would disagree but i just feel he would want to move on from it as anyone would

1. Vaze July 21, 2013 at 10:30 am . Reply

I’m with you on that, Wigan was as fitting a tribute and thank you to Stan as any player could have wished for and for me that should be it now.

He knows that we were, are, and always will be behind him in his battle, but fingers crossed, he seems to have won.

I would be in favour of a round of ‘one Stilyan Petrov’ but feel that the minute’s applause was a great show of spontaneous support that could be lost if it drags on.

1. Morgan Villa July 21, 2013 at 10:46 am . Reply

I think chanting his name is a great idea, I hope the club and Stan make an announcement on this before the season starts.

I was not at Wigan but i was in the holte end for the last home game they were magical scenes and made me even more proud to be a Villa fan UTV

2. OohAhPaulMcGrath July 21, 2013 at 10:58 am . Reply

Agree mate it’s not like he was a player who we all particularly rated when he did play and has become more popular since his illness. But he is certainly a hero the way he has fought it and dealt with it with the minimum of fuss. Players like benteke should look at what Stan has gone through and be ashamed of themselves IMO

2. Naughtius Maximus July 21, 2013 at 10:19 am . Reply

they are just friendlies and should be taken for what they are, I am however a little concerned by the defensive frailties shown over the games, its not being negative it is just a concern as they seem to be the exact same problems we had last season, im hoping we will have learnt from that.
    still they are just friendlies and we shouldn’t be judging players on the face of them saying luna is crap is the same as saying helenius is the new benteke on the balance of the games so far.
    we’ve got a really tough start to the season and im fully expecting us to be round about the relegation zone come the end of sept, I don’t expect us to stay there but what im saying is once more it’ll be up to the fans to get and stay behind the team again, especially at VP.
    us fans were outstanding last season and we will need to be again.
    UTV

1. OohAhPaulMcGrath July 21, 2013 at 11:00 am . Reply

That’s my biggest worry NM we are virtually starting with the same shite defense with a left bk who by all accounts is no better than Bennett and that joker vlaar will play. Even though it was a friendly yesterday the fact is we still cannot keep a clean sheet and are still conceding from corners. Lambert really hasn’t got a clue about defense and still no definite defensive coach per se

3. Naughtius Maximus July 21, 2013 at 10:22 am . Reply

I agree morgan, people in recovery from anything need a point to move on and rise to new challenges otherwise they become the image of a victim, someone to pity. the new season is the perfect time to start anew.
    so pleased for stan though and im sure he would agree too.