Possible Middle East takeover? Interesting

Well, I’m certainly not going to say “I told you so” and I’m not counting my chickens, but I’m highly encouraged by what I’m reading.
Which is that Villa, or more specifically Tony Xia, is in talks with a Middle eastern outfit.
The good news is that these are supposedly advanced talks, that have discussed various levels of investment, with a view to a total takeover, as a second stage.

I just knew there was something going on behind the scenes, as if the club is so desperate that we wouldn’t be able to pay a tax bill (due tomorrow, I believe), then Xia would have been selling players at any price.

Although the taxman will try to accomodate a company as best he can, he won’t accept many excuses.
But being in the middle of a sale is definitely one of them.

Of course, with Villa’s recent run of luck, there’s still plenty of scope for something to go wrong.
But as I’ve said previously, I still like to think that Xia does have the club’s interests at heart.
It’s all about honour with the Chinese, isn’t it? (no bad thing).
And yes, he’s looking after his own interests too, but he (or his backers) have put serious money in, at the end of the day.

So, it’s still a case of fingers crossed, but it seems a deal could be done quite quickly.

God, let’s hope this happens.
Which then leads to us asking who has invested?
Knowing our luck, it’ll probably be an Iranian outfit, which would just cap it all.

No, perish the thought.

My money’s on a Quatari outfit.
Fits with the next WC and all that.
And whew, they’re minted.

Here’s hoping.

UTV!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
  1. Hitchens60 Jul 19, 2018 at 8:21 pm .

Please let it be so; please let it be so…….

Badger, I was just thinking I should post an alternative and positive (or is that blindly clutching at straws) thoughts when your new post came up.

It is along the lines you articulate – if Xia’s back is so hard up against the wall why is he playing (or at least on the face of it he is) hard ball withStoke / Spurs et al.

With the boot on the other hand (deliberate mixed metaphors!) are we just clutching at straws or will Xia pull the veritable (financial) rabbit from the hat enabling us to keep Grealish, Chester and Kodjia – I say bo***cks to FFP.

Well there you go – cliches, mixed mataphors and unreal optimism – must buy more of that wine I’ve been drinking tonight – heady stuff!

2. badger123 Jul 19, 2018 at 9:35 pm .

My opinion also says yes; of course we can!
    Grealish will only be sold if whoever owns him says he will.

I’m of the firm belief that this won’t happen, as if Xia sells Grealish, it’ll be the only thing he’ll be remembered for.
    And I’m sure he doesn’t want that, as much as we don’t.

1. Sidforever Jul 19, 2018 at 9:53 pm .

I really believe if we can keep Jack Grealish we can still go places. Could this team gain promotion.

Steer

Elphick. Chester

Huttton. Bjarnason. Elmohady

Adomah. Hourihane. Lansbury Green

Grealish

Kodjia

Subs:
      Bree
      Suliman
      Hepburn- Murphy
      Callum O’Hare
      Whelan
      Davis
      Hogan

Kodjia only to play if he bocomes a team player otherwise Davis, then Hogan.

1. Sidforever Jul 19, 2018 at 9:56 pm .

Sorry just realised 12 in team, should beat most. Drop Lansbury.

3. Texas Johnny Jul 19, 2018 at 9:57 pm .

Personally, think we’re still 3 players short of a solid promotion push. Think the above squad would see is comfortably safe, but we’re still short of at least one CB and CM, and would even add another winger to replace Snoddy. Even if Green starts to light the world on fire, I’ve not been impressed with Adomah since Christmas.

4. badger123 Jul 19, 2018 at 10:04 pm .

That team might be good enough.
    But it’s the back-up that looks light, imo.

For me, Kodjia plays every game, if he’s scoring.

5. nath Jul 20, 2018 at 6:22 am .

new hope this is what kills you. i cant say i know anything about it just read off here. so i just hopes it true. cause drx is gonna run us into the gound

even if we are sold we still need to reduce running costs no owner is gonna buy us to lose money like this. what new ownership will do thou, is send out signals to wannabe big clubs like spuds. that if you wanna take our best players, you wont get them for peanuts. dig deeper into your piggy bank you bastards or fook off.

i personally would sell the big earners and build the new team around grealish. but if they can somehow avoid selling anybody i think this team would be there abouts, but we cant avoid that, chester will almost certainly go kodjia aswell iceman adomah these are the players i would sell.

nice change this news i was almost getting used to bad news

1. Hitchens60 Jul 20, 2018 at 6:54 am .

I pretty much agree with all your sentiments there Nath – the one difficulty appears to be getting rid of the useless big earners who nobody else wants and are happy to rip financial chunks out of the club. Even the better players will be reluctant to leave for lower wages – catch 22 of our own making.

I did note a change in the angle of some media comments on FFP now talking about other ways to meet the rules without selling players – such as innovative sponsorship deals and increased land valuations from commercial planning consents – strange how the media conveniently overlooked these constructive aspects up to now!

6. Saddened Jul 20, 2018 at 9:46 am .

I think if they are brave enough to buy us in this state and see the bigger picture (fanbase & premiership potential) they will be savvy enough to get around FFP. I also cant see them buying us if we have conducted a fire sale. So it may go as one of the following:

a) new investment, keep existing players and add to squad for premiership push.

b) as soon as investment announced players sold to balance books and try and get club on sound financial footing.

I work in the M.E. and cannot see the people that I have met want to come in and balance books, but I can see them burning loads of cash to put a smile on their face.

In this present state I don’t give a damn if they rename Villa Park and throw a load of cash in…. As long as it has it has f*** all to do with Recon.

7. Bill Pearson Jul 20, 2018 at 10:58 am .

Well it looks like Bruce has been busy 5 signing ok they might have had their day Huth, Ashley Barns its just came up on the web, 5 minutes ago.under Villa news.no news yet on take over still early days and as they say no news is good news.utv.