POLL; Villa stewards eject young Man U fans; right or wrong?

First, let’s sum up the story.

A family, consisting of a mother (supporting the Villa), a father (supporting Utd) and their two young sons, aged 9 and 7 (inbetweenies of both clubs) were ejected from the family stand after the three males celebrated Falcao’s equaliser.
Apparently, a couple of women took offence at this and asked for them to be ejected, which they promptly were, with the reason being that “it might have kicked off”.

Now, I’m no fan of the Villa stewards and even posted about how I got ejected from Villa park for the major crime of having an unlit cigarette in my hand.
In my case, I believe the stewards were pathetically high handed because I’d simply done nothing wrong in the first place.
Admittedly, my response probably didn’t help matters, but when I’ve paid good money to watch my team at home and I’m neither causing any trouble or breaking any rules, I quite simply don’t want to be disturbed by stewards.

So that’s my position as to what I think of Villa’s stewards.
I don’t think I’m alone in that view either, as I’ve heard of many complaints about them.

But this time, I simply believe the stewards called this one correctly.
Even though we’re talking about young kids being thrown out, the simple fact is that the Family stand is for home fans only and they just shouldn’t have been in there, particularly if the Man utd father hadn’t got the nous to tell them not to cheer if Man Utd scored.
Is that harsh and expecting too much of the kids?
I don’t think so, as they obviously knew enough not to cheer when the Villa took the lead.

I quite simply blame the father.

Of course, you have to have a bit of sympathy when you have a family that’s split between clubs, but the only ideal solution is that the home fans go in the home stands and the away fans go in the away stand.
But then, I doubt the Brummie Red would have qualified for an away ticket; even less the 3 required in this case. Which is just tough.

We know there were plenty of Utd fans in the home stands. There always are.
But if you can’t keep your excitement under control, you deserve everything you get in such a highly charged game, in my opinion (not that I condone any violence).

Anyway, I’m particularly interested in what you think, which is why I’ve added the Poll.

1. Andy Lockhead December 25, 2014 at 1:15 am . Reply

I was a lone Villa fan in the manure section at Wembley stadium when we won the Carling cup 3:1, many eons ago.

And what a game it was!

It was tough holding back throughout the game and when our goals came my delight was more than obvious to all around me. There were no spiteful, cowardly, old hags calling for the stewards.

What has happened to good old-fashioned rivalry? Why do we need to hate our opponents?

I blame the old hags… Hoping of course that no one reading this is married to one of them… 🙂

It’s sport, not war.

1. Andy Lockhead December 25, 2014 at 1:19 am . Reply

Oh, and Merry Christmas to you all!

I have enjoyed reading all the posts over the last couple of years. While I rarely comment, I do read with enthusiasm.

2. GIDDYVILLAN December 25, 2014 at 7:05 am . Reply

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL YOU VILLANS OUT THERE,GET IT DOWN YER FOLKS HO HO HO.

1. Merry christmas . December 25, 2014 at 8:35 am . Reply

Cheers Giddy, same again have a goodun mate, Villa for the cup. Ho ho ho.

3. GIDDYVILLAN December 25, 2014 at 7:44 pm . Reply

1-6 VILLA stick it up the taffs HO HO.

1. Hitchens 60 December 25, 2014 at 8:40 pm . Reply

Happy Christmas to all Villa fans. Now chilling out after cooking lunch for the family. Hope you all had a great day. Villa to win tomorrow 2-1

4. Jay Dee December 25, 2014 at 9:19 pm . Reply

Merry Xmas to one & all utv

5. OriginalLondonLion December 26, 2014 at 10:03 am . Reply

Benno’s selection above includes Weimann in place of Gabby. This is Lambert’s dilemma. More often than not forwards drift to one side of the pitch or the other when they are not concentrating. Benteke and Gabby both drift to the same place on the left, Weimann to the right. However both Benteke and Gabby can hold the ball up if they receive it with their backs to goal, Weimann cannot do that.

So for balance Benteke and Weimann is better, but all keeper’s punts and long balls forward have to go to Benteke, which make it easy for the defenders to put double coverage on him. If Gabby is on in place of Weimann there are two players who can hold the ball up and double coverage of the two is impossible, but Villa have no right sided attack.

1. DSVilla December 26, 2014 at 10:21 am . Reply

OLL you are forgetting our new total football style so we don’t hoof it forward any more 😉

6. DSVilla December 26, 2014 at 10:26 am . Reply

On a different tack. january is almost here. Apart from HNY to all Villans, the other subject is who would we like in the transfer window? I saw a rumour about Januzaj being linked with PSG. He would be an interesting loan move. OK I know PSG (and Paris!) would be a much bigger draw, but he would probably get more pitch time at Villa, and Van Gaal doesn’t use him much.

Who would you like to see down at VP?

1. Andrew December 26, 2014 at 1:09 pm . Reply

Januzaj would be a good loan signing. Honestly have my doubts PSG would want him on loan, they’d sign him permanently if anything, or just go for someone else better. Read links to Inter and Everton, especially the latter. But he is the kind of loan signing that could make a difference to us.

7. Merry christmas . December 26, 2014 at 11:46 am . Reply

Van Gaal, ⏰ couldn’t resist that DSVilla, I know many big names are about to move from the likes of Man C, Chelsea, and a few more, me it still has to be a midfielder come striker, then who going from Villa park? as you say only days away.