Man City – Villa; Another Sky “super” sunday.

Well, we all know what this is about, don’t we?

Every man and his dog knows that the most popular time to watch football is 3pm on a Saturday afternoon.
So why the heck do Sky prefer to show all the games at 4pm on a Sunday?
It frustrates the heck out of me and I’m sure I’m not alone in thinking that.

So it’s another very convenient, perfect last day decider at the top of the table. It’s also even more convenient that there’s a last day decider at the bottom too.
Coincidence or planned?
I know what I think, but it’s not something you can prove is it?
It’s just all too coincidental and Sky couldn’t wish for a better situation.

I have to admit it is exciting, but it’s also annoying, because you know they’re going to switch to the Liverpool game every few minutes or when there’s a goal, but at least those who actually attend the games won’t have to worry about that.

Although they might actually prefer to miss most of the game, because I can’t see anything other than a very convincing victory and title championship for Man City.

There was Micah Richards’ comment that Villa will earn £15 million if Citeh win the league and I still don’t know if it was a joke or totally true.
If it’s the latter, hopefully it goes into the transfer pot, my concerns about Gerrard, apart.

Squad news and there’s nothing changed from Thursday, which is perhaps a small miracle in itself. I worry now that at least one of our players will be crocked because of something that happened in training.

As for Citeh, John Stones and Kyle walker are training, but it’s not known if they’ll be ready for this game.
Not that it matters, as Citeh have such a superb squad, it’s hardly a problem if they have half a dozen injuries or more.
It makes me sick, but it is what it is.

Tactics then and how can you counter Citeh them and try and stop them scoring?
Quite simply, you can’t.
They’ll massively outwork us in a way that is miles more effective and just pass us to death in our own half, patiently waiting for a chance.
Which, with our defence scares me.

They’ll be full on it and we’ll have to be content with watching them pick up the Premier league trophy.
I’d actually bet on Man City to win here, but the bookies agree with me and the odds are ridiculous, hence I’m not going to bother.

I was speaking to a Chelsea fan this morning and he said he has a feeling that we’ll beat them.
When I asked why, it was the same old “well it’s Gerrard and Liverpool, isn’t it?” and I wasn’t surprised.
He too was surprised when I told him many fans weren’t convinced by him as our manager.
I find it fascinating that so many fans think if you were a great player, you automatically have to be a good manager, but there you go.

Prediction time then and I see goals. I do think we might sneak one, because Citeh may well leave gaps at the back as they go all out.

I’m going to go for a 3-1 defeat.
And I really hope Grealish, if he plays doesn’t get one.
Two reasons. One, because I think he’d genuinely be gutted and two because it would just be sod’s law, yet again. And I hate that.

UTV!

1. Badger123
    Badger123 May 26, 2022 at 6:22 pm . Reply

Yep, done deal.

Jeez, this is impressive business!

2. Badger123
    Badger123 May 26, 2022 at 6:24 pm . Reply

Oh, sorry Hitch, 29 yo defender from Seville.
    Rumoured £50 mill and mega wages, that AC couldn’t live with!

To play alongside Mings or replace him, I wonder?
    Probably there to show Mings how to defend, in fairness 🙂

1. Hitchens60
      Hitchens60 May 26, 2022 at 6:47 pm . Reply

Yeah – I read AC needed to sell him to deal with a £40m debt.

1. Hitchens60
        Hitchens60 May 26, 2022 at 6:51 pm . Reply

Seville – sorry my confusion.

3. Badger123
    Badger123 May 26, 2022 at 6:29 pm . Reply

Ah, sorry, Hitch, I missed your previous £26 mill comment.
    I’m sure there was a 75 mill euro clause, but they’re desperate for the money by the end of June, so that would seemingly be cheap.

1. Hitchens60
      Hitchens60 May 26, 2022 at 6:40 pm . Reply

Undisclosed fee according to OS so Sky may be guessing at £26m

4. Badger123
    Badger123 May 26, 2022 at 6:34 pm . Reply

Right footed with a value of £40.5 mill here;

5. Hitchens60
    Hitchens60 May 26, 2022 at 6:46 pm . Reply

Are we going for samba football.

If Luiz stays that’s three Brazilians and two Argentinians – Suarez to follow? 🙂

6. Badger123
    Badger123 May 26, 2022 at 7:03 pm . Reply

🙂

I’m really impressed with the way we’re getting this done.

Coutinho £17 mill
    Kamara Free
    Carlos £26 mill

and I wonder how much in wages? £80 mill? (Average 120ishK a week for 4 years x3)

Whatever, it’s around £60 mill committed for this year.
    I’m going to guess one top striker or maybe two players still to come.

7. Sidforever
    Sidforever May 26, 2022 at 8:20 pm . Reply

Badger and friends

I am pretty sure Ron Saunders was advocate of building the spine of the team.

I must admit to being bowled over and the season only ended 4 days ago: The spine as of today has:
    Martinez -GK & world class
    Carlos -CB & quality
    Kamara – DM & high rated
    Coutinho- CAM – & world class

Is Peter Withe the missing piece for a return to better days?

Well done NSWE, Christian Purslow and Steven Gerrard. Recession or no recession Villa Park will be packed out next season.

Truly exciting times.