James Chester signed; confirmed from the horses mouth

james-chester

It’s in the bag and confirmed by Tony Pulis.

Well, I don’t know what to think here.
He seems a decent player, but I’m concerned that he hasn’t had many games under Tony Pulis and when he has started, it’s been at full back.

Pulis is a strange manager though and never goes with what players/fans think.
At the end of the day, he’s made Albion a profit and that’s important.

I just hope this is one we’ve been looking at for a while and not just a kneejerk reaction, which I seriously suspect Dr Xia might be prone to.

nath August 13, 2016 at 9:07 am .

just heard lee hendrie on talkshite

he said sumat which i have been frustrated with. playing gestede upfront but not playing wingers to supply him. he said its pointless giving him the ball outside box. he needs the crosses inside the box. but RDM isn’t playing to his strengths.

we are a shambles, got to start forming a way to play. which gets the opposition under pressure. the passing the ball one side to the other working a opening. isn’t the style for gestede, you need a murhpy or ayew somebody that can move.

if gestede is in the team, i want us to use him and cross the ball. blackburn got 20 plus goals a season from him doing that.

Villain1 August 13, 2016 at 9:24 am .

Gestede shouldn’t be in the team though, he’s crap and destroys attack after attack.
      He’s had one season in his entire career where he’s scored goals (the one at Blackburn) other than that his record is woeful for a striker. Another for the scrap pile

OohAhPaulMcGrath August 13, 2016 at 10:26 am .

Agree but we have no width so what’s he supposed to do

Villain1 August 13, 2016 at 9:30 am .

We should win today, Rotherham are a poor side overall who will almost certainly finish in the bottom 5.
    The biggest problem would be if we fell behind as we all know how fragile the confidence and mentality is, hence it is absolutely imperative we start on the front foot and look for an early goal to settle the nerves/ unease.

OohAhPaulMcGrath August 13, 2016 at 10:25 am .

Problem is they’ve nothing to lose. It’s their cup final. So won’t be easy

nath August 13, 2016 at 9:56 am .

i agree rotherham will be bottom 3. iam worried the crowd will be quick, to climb on their fragile backs. if we don’t get a goal straightaway, or like you said rotherham score shit will hit the fan. this game could be the kickstart we need and really should be,

can anybody tell me if chester signed in time to play this game

OohAhPaulMcGrath August 13, 2016 at 10:24 am .

Even a scrappy 1.0 win is good enough today we can build from that

South coast villan August 13, 2016 at 11:49 am .

Yeah a wins a win mate! I’ll take that to
        Especially on home soil. Just what we all need!!!

David Buckley August 13, 2016 at 2:17 pm .

still can’t believe we are facing a shower of shite team like this in a crap league like this. I can’t ever accept this fate. how you can even get your heads around discussing these games is beyond me. the shame of this situation. the embarrassment. I’m disgusted with our plight. this is not my villa. I will not accept this team. spit in it all 😢