It’s confirmed then, Sherwood it is.

Tim Sherwood

For once, I actually called something correctly and Tim Sherwood has been confirmed as our next manager.
I gave my reasons as to why I thought he might be the choice in the previous post, so I won’t go over that again.
What’s surprised me though, is how fast the deal has been done and I’m actually quite impressed.

There are two options as to how we’ve gone about things, in my opinion.
We’ve either panicked and done it all in what? two days?
Or this has been planned for a while and Fox has been negotiating with Sherwood quietly behind the scenes.
I suspect and hope it was probably the latter, although I can’t say I’d be pleased if that’s the way we go about business, ie doing a deal behind Lambert’s back. But this is Football and the whole game seems to have a different set of rules, doesn’t it?

So there we go, Sherwood it is then.

It’s good that we’ve appointed him before tomorrow’s game against Leicester, as I was quite prepared for us to lose, so we could concentrate all our energy on the league. Now that we have a manager though, my attitude has changed and I want us to go all out to win the game.

I won’t say it’s a stunning appointment, but I do think it’s a decent one, given our current requirements. Let’s hope Sherwood can hit the ground running eh?
I think we can expect some fireworks in the next few weeks, as it would seem he doesn’t mince his words, which is probably why some people dislike him with a passion.
Personally, I think this is exactly what’s needed, as many fans, even neutral ones, think that our team ought to be performing better than it is in reality.
Which to me says that certain players are far too comfortable.

I really don’t care who he falls out with, as long as he keeps us up.
Survival this season is all that counts for me and if he proves overly troublesome, we can sack him at the end of the season, even if it costs us three and a half year’s wages.
It’ll be pennies in the scheme of things. As long as we survive relegation.

Welcome aboard Tim and good luck.
I suspect you’ll need it.

1. #HELENIUS
    #HELENIUS February 15, 2015 at 2:23 pm .

Yeeeeeeeeeessssss. Paul Lambert’s claret blue army

1. BWS
      BWS February 15, 2015 at 2:25 pm .

Oohah no doubt will be on shortly to poo poo it, we were lucky, shit first half blah blah blah.

1. OohAhPaulMcGrath
        OohAhPaulMcGrath February 15, 2015 at 3:45 pm .

We just about shaded it but it’s Leicester City and they were the better team first half but we were better against them under Lambert. Just saying. . I think we should get to semis now only to be knocked out by utd or pool.

1. BWS
          BWS February 15, 2015 at 5:16 pm .

Lol, I’ll give you this oohah, you’re consistent.

2. New Regime
    New Regime February 15, 2015 at 2:24 pm .

If Tim Sherwood had anything to do with our second half performance, I think we’ll be in for some exciting football! Great heart in the second, pace, paying for the badge, utv Quarters at home please

3. Bum Bum
    Bum Bum February 15, 2015 at 2:24 pm .

Sherwood’s 100% record!!!! Lol! Big changes in the second half. Deserved.

4. GIDDYVILLAN
    GIDDYVILLAN February 15, 2015 at 2:24 pm .

Only a game away to Wembley.

1. Bum Bum
      Bum Bum February 15, 2015 at 2:27 pm .

Great game Given!

5. Adam
    Adam February 15, 2015 at 2:31 pm .

Great second half performance! With a bit of luck we will see Robinson playing for Preston against united tomorrow, lets hope he puts a hat trick past them!

6. steve
    steve February 15, 2015 at 2:32 pm .

That was the best gabby has played for ages. Great win.

7. pat57
    pat57 February 15, 2015 at 2:36 pm .

First half rubbish – mid fielders too static. Benteke a lonely figure.

Second half much better mid-fielders going forward, Cleverly tackling and actually running into attacking positions. Still lacking quality but at least they looked like they were trying and a fantastic strike from Bacuna.

Sinclair lucky but getting a goal this early in his Villa career can only give him more confidence.

Okay Leicester didn’t exactly get tonked as I predicted but this was a game that the Villa actually deserved to win. How often could you say that this season.

Exciting times ahead!

1. OohAhPaulMcGrath
      OohAhPaulMcGrath February 15, 2015 at 3:43 pm .

First half they were a better team than us but we were better second half though impossible to play worse

8. nath
    nath February 15, 2015 at 2:36 pm .

bradford are winning

similar game to the last one bournemouth, given mom lets hope this is the kick start 🙂 poor match thou lol

9. DeadVillaFan
    DeadVillaFan February 15, 2015 at 2:39 pm .

THATS WHAT I’m talking about!!!!

Passion, going into tackles, driving forwards, GOALS!

Jesus even Cleverley looked like a footballer second half.

UTV!

1. Hitchens 60
      Hitchens 60 February 15, 2015 at 2:47 pm .

Benteke looked much more energised second half when he was being used as a target man and getting more sight of the ball – lacks confidence but reckon we’ll see the big man back soon.

Cleverley started to look a half decent player second half and Vlaar brings real composure to the defence. Final thought – why oh why didn’t Lambert play Bacuna more often, he’s the one midfielder that regularly scores and he has a great right foot for free kicks.

1. GarethVilla
        GarethVilla February 15, 2015 at 2:53 pm .

If a half-time 10min chat from Sherwood can produce that response I think once he gets his feet under the table we should see a higher tempo with people getting forward and shooting!!
        First half looked like Lambert was still in charge.

10. Hitchens 60
    Hitchens 60 February 15, 2015 at 2:50 pm .

Seen the stats – 17 shots and 8 on target – when did we last see that in a game

1. GarethVilla
      GarethVilla February 15, 2015 at 2:54 pm .

1992-93 season!!!

1. Hitchens 60
        Hitchens 60 February 15, 2015 at 2:59 pm .

LOL