Page 2 of 2 1 2
  1. sasa c September 21, 2015 at 9:23 pm . Reply

For what it’s worth, I think we will 100% spank them tomorrow, after reading TS’s comments about Kozac today it’s clear he ain’t playing, so start with Gestede and let him shut us all up, and perhaps put Sinclair back in the position where he started the season, back out wide, co’s prior to moving him, he was actually banging them in.
    A good win tomorrow, backed up with a draw on Saturday, both of which we are capable of, and this knee jerk to Saturday can stop and we can all move on.
    UTV,

2. Rich September 21, 2015 at 9:41 pm . Reply

I think Gestede is completely out of his depth in the premier league. Just like A few others, I’m afraid. The annoying thing is Gestede + Ayew would have pretty much been 1 Charlie Austin.

I was full of confidence going into the new season, but that confidence has been sapped. Tim Sherwood may be the manager but on Saturdays showing it may as well have been Paul Lambert in the dugout.

I know it’s still early and players need to find their feet etc, but looking at the next handful of fixtures, I’m struggling to see where we are going to pick up any points at all. It would not surprise me if we dont pick up another point over the course of September and October, which will probably leave us rock bottom going into the winter period. And this time, we have no player like Benteke to drag us out of the mire.

As for the game tomorrow night, I’m absolutely dreading it. They will come at us full throttle, and we will again collapse at the back. I have even backed them at 4/1 to win. Here’s hoping I lose my £20 stake, and lose it convincingly too.

1. sasa c September 21, 2015 at 10:40 pm . Reply

Pray god I’m not sat next to you tomorrow……except you won’t be there will you, you have a pop at the team, then the manager and then confirm you’ve bet against us. Disgrace, absolute disgrace, words genuinely fail me.

1. Rich September 21, 2015 at 11:14 pm . Reply

There’s no disgrace in being a realist.

Save for Amavi, Gana, Gil and Traore, We have 2 has beens as centre backs, defensive midfielders who either/or give the ball away too often or pass sideways/backwards, and a set of strikers who couldnt hit the backside of a cow with a banjo.

And absolutely, I wont be there. I would rather spend my money on other entertainment rather than paying to watch a bunch of overpaid millionaires who are a shower of shit anyway.

Keep pulling the wool over your eyes mate.

1. Andrew September 22, 2015 at 12:26 am . Reply

Difference between being a realist and a pessimist. Do you even watch our games? Richards has been very good since his awful first game. Sanchez has been one of, if not our best player and doesn’t give the ball away half as often as claimed, neither does Westwood. We’ve played 1 striker, 1 out and out striker, not a set of strikers, 1, in Gestede. Until Ayew and Kozak are played as strikers, you can’t claim we have a set of strikers who couldn’t hit the backside of a cow with a banjo.

3. Dave.C September 21, 2015 at 11:12 pm . Reply

You’ve rumbled me Bum Bum, I’m ok with being the leader of the Country but being a Villa fan just stressed me out too much and pushed me over the edge. Putting my privates in a dead pigs mouth seemed the logical thing to do!!
    You’re right about Gabby, can’t stop scoring off the pitch, wish he could score on it!

4. pat57 September 22, 2015 at 12:14 am . Reply

Oh dear Gana off to France about his hamstring.

Are we going to end up with more crocks than fit players again?

5. marvin September 22, 2015 at 12:23 am . Reply

Sounds like you guys need some more optimistic news. Here is a list of our next six games: Liverpool (A) – Stoke (H) – Chelsea (A) – Swansea (H) – Tottenham (A) – Man City (H)

Our form my improve, but getting results may be near impossible. Realistically I see us picking up 4-5 pts at best.

1. Hitchens 60 September 22, 2015 at 12:25 am . Reply

That looks like us being in the bottom three after ten games!

6. Hitchens 60 September 22, 2015 at 12:24 am . Reply

You’re right of course – Gestede is not a replacement for Benteke but neither is Kozac nor Charlie Austin nor anyone else available during the transfer window. It’s not up front where the problem lies but in midfield which has been the case for some years. Take the best forward on the planet and starve him of service and what do you end up with ………….zip. That’s not to say that Gestede is the answer either.

The side looks unbalanced – weak on the right side and lacking solidity in the middle of the park when Gana isn’t playing (and it’s beginning to look like he’s out for some time). We just aren’t good enough to be able to play Gil and Grealish together which is a bl***y shame because it’s an exciting prospect. Then there’s Vertout and Traore…………

Maybe TS will solve the puzzle and get the balance right and then again………?

In the meantime don’t assume too much ahead of the game against Blues – sadly (no tragically) they might just add insult to a week of injury!

I really hope I’m wrong.

1. pat57 September 22, 2015 at 12:43 am . Reply

H60 I hope you’re wrong too!

We surely must be able to beat the noses yet I’ll be watching the game tonight from behind the settee with a Plan B to disappear to the pub if it all goes pear shaped.

Luckily live 120 miles away from B’ham so not subject to the post-match banter.

Anyway let’s hope we’re rubbing their noses in it tonight!

UTV