1. markdrapernumber8 August 15, 2013 at 5:51 pm . Reply

I have to say with Sylla out for the Arsenal game is does show our frailties in that area. We do now need a DM badly, before saturday would be nice.

***TO THE VILLA BOARD**
    Get Barry in on Loan ffs, it’s only a season, I’m not a fan of loans but there is no harm in this one.

Do you think the they read this blog?

1. Foxy August 15, 2013 at 7:05 pm . Reply

Has anyone officially confirmed the Barry link or was it just even more press nonsense?

2. Ken August 15, 2013 at 10:09 pm . Reply

Your call for a screening strongman echoes the many posts I have made during the close season.

After the initial burst of transfers in June, being Honest, I have been disappointed by the activity of late and the failure to address the need for a Claude Makele type player as well as a Coutinho type player.

I know there are players that need to be shipped out but without these 2 midfielder we will struggle

1. OohAhPaulMcGrath August 15, 2013 at 11:20 pm . Reply

Agree ken we need a solid dm with a physical presence desperately.

2. Lionheart August 15, 2013 at 6:04 pm . Reply

Oohahh is Paul Fulkner lol

1. markdrapernumber8 August 15, 2013 at 6:06 pm . Reply

lol mate

3. Foxy August 15, 2013 at 7:34 pm . Reply

Moyes is reported on the BBC news website as complaining about the fixtures list for ManU involving Chelsea and ManC at home and Liverpool away in their first five matches. I Quote “Moyes said: “I find it hard to believe that’s the way the balls came out of the bag, that’s for sure.””. That would imply that someone really doesn’t like the Villa!

1. OohAhPaulMcGrath August 15, 2013 at 11:28 pm . Reply

He’s getting like fergie already trying to cheat the system and expect special favours because its utd. At least he has a class squad to deal with it which is more than wev got.