Crystal Palace – Villa; Tough game, this, I reckon.

Palace

Palace up next then and they did quite well last season having finished 10th, didn’t they?

I quite fancy them to be a bit of a surprise package this season; well at least a package that might see them improve on that 10th, at least.

Not that I’m interested in them, apart from the fact that they play in some decent colours.

Last season we played them twice in a month, with us pinching a quite lucky win at their place, while we shared the points at Villa Park on new year’s day.

Injury-wise, I’m not seeing many problems for Palace, although goalie Julіan Speronі and Marouane Chamakh probably aren’t ready yet.

As for the Villa, Okore is still out and Crespo’s still recovering from a groin injury.

Gil, Traore and Grealish played for the under 21s on Monday, with Grealish scoring.

Reading between the lines, I expect Grealish to be part of the line-up tomorrow, but suspect it’s too early for Gil. Although Sherwood has been playing down Traore, in saying that he’s one for the future and only a kid who isn’t our saviour, it really wouldn’t surprise me if he was to get a few minutes off the bench, just to savour the atmosphere, as the Palace fans do make some noise.

As for the rest of our team, I don’t see much changing, apart from Grealish taking Sinclair’s place, where the link-up on the left could be a big threat.

So what’s my prediction then?

I definitely see goals, but not many, which doesn’t quite make sense, given that both teams have pacey attacks.

My head says it’ll be a 2-1, but I can’t say who to.

I’m still not convinced by our defence, to be honest, even though many of us seem to think we look better.

My heart says it’ll be a goal apiece.

Which would do for me, in that we’d have four points out of our first three games.

Not stunning, but reasonable, given that we have played our guaranteed loser at home to the mancs.

1. GIDDYVILLAN August 22, 2015 at 5:17 pm . Reply

Unfortunately Tim really rates shabby that could prove to be a very costly.

2. Bill Pearson August 22, 2015 at 5:23 pm . Reply

Words fail me, I’d like Sherwood explain to us fans what did he see that we didn’t? Abonglahor is a joke, things like he portrayed today in selection, changing players will make us say what the hell are you doing Tim? I only now hope he doesn’t play that twat Abonglahor and plays players with skill not because he thinks they are good, the fans today must be pissed off with that effort. Off to get drunk.

3. Hitchens 60 August 22, 2015 at 5:26 pm . Reply

It’s not making a mistake I get angry with its repeating the same mistake that reallydoes my head. TS took Sinclair off against manure when he and Amavi where linking well and Gabby had contributed absolutely FA all game. Does it again against Palace. TS you better start learning quick son or you’re going to feel the wrath of the supporters.

1. OohAhPaulMcGrath August 22, 2015 at 5:30 pm . Reply

We have made the same mistakes for years now different players same shit

4. bencey83 August 22, 2015 at 6:01 pm . Reply

TIm to blame yet again! Poor substitutions and terrible tactics. 4-3-3 is the wrong system for us, in my opinion. Play 4-4-2 and make the most of our pacey players out wide like Traore, Sinclair, Gil or even Bacuna and tell them to whip it in to Gestede. Could try playing Ayew alongside him or Grealish as number 10. What is he doing different to Lambert?!

1. muzzvill August 22, 2015 at 6:08 pm . Reply

afraid not a lot of difference taking off Sanchez and keeping on that total heap of shite Agbonlahor was absolute stupidity he weaken’s the midfield and keeps the deadwood up front i am afraid that it is gonna be the same shit again this year i hope to god im wrong we need a striker badly. did we even have a fuckin shot on target today same old same old

5. bencey83 August 22, 2015 at 6:02 pm . Reply

Gabby and Guzan out! Wake up Tim!

6. bencey83 August 22, 2015 at 6:03 pm . Reply

Point per game = another relegation battle!

1. OohAhPaulMcGrath August 22, 2015 at 6:15 pm . Reply

Sunderland a six pointer already