Page 2 of 2 1 2
  1. alba (@Alba40) February 27, 2014 at 9:25 am . Reply

Completely agree I no longer go because I don’t live in the country but for the first time in my life I do not know who we are playing each week and I do not follow the game on radio/internet. My father is 81 and a villa fan all his life he can’t even watch MOTD anymore. Its not just the villa overpaid players who are not comitted to their clubs are not worth watching.

1. BWS February 27, 2014 at 11:31 am . Reply

Fair play to your old man and I thought it was just me. Can’t be arsed with motd, sky never!
      A load of over paid mercenaries (players and managers) just looking for the next gravy train.
      Modern football sucks!

2. Naughtius Maximus February 27, 2014 at 3:45 pm . Reply

ive said before, living in the north west these days id usually get to about 6 home games a season when visiting brum tying in visits with home fixtures and then about 5/6 away games(it used to be more away but the likes of Bolton, Blackburn, wigan ect have been relegated)all of which cost me a good slice of my disposable income.
    this season however ive managed 3 home and one away so far and have no intention of making it anymore sorry to say. this is totally down to the football, its really hard to get excited about the football we play and for many periods this season ive approached almost every game expecting us to loose(Norwich on sunday is no different)and to be fair im rarely disappointed on that score.
    Villa are showing me absolutely nothing to tempt me to change my mind at the moment. I of course love our club as we all do but lately, this last few months especially ive just got to the point where I feel we as fans are getting the piss taken, I really feel for friends and family who’ve got season tickets, its so depressing(they to a man will not be renewing next season unless there is a big shift in some way).
    I still watch live when I can because im still a villan and I want to see us win and I like to watc hthe gamesif only to have an informed opinion on how we are playing.
    got nothing to do with being fickle, the villa fans have been brilliant all things considered but theres only so long you can keep giving and giving, time, energy and passion as well as hard eared cash without anything coming back the other way. villa as a club at the moment are giving us nothing at all.

3. billy goat curry February 27, 2014 at 7:07 pm . Reply

i live around the north west also, shame the likes of wigan and bolton are no longer in the top flight. but the way we are heading we should be able to get a cheap away ticket again.

anyways i am looking forwards to beating norwich. hopefully we will score many goals and perform like brazil. but 3points will do i am not greedy. so quiet on this site, oOhPoo and badger glad to hear you guys are to continue. i love reading other villa fans points of views.i would really miss it

4. Rocky February 27, 2014 at 8:59 pm . Reply

Sky fucked up football, our next 3 matches at Home are not 3pm kick offs. I have been a STH for20 + years and know more Villa fans that do not go than do. Most around me have given up and moved on others will not renew for various reasons next year.

5. IanRobo February 27, 2014 at 9:16 pm . Reply

Well the good news is no Sky TV games in April, well are boring I guess on TV so lets take that as a positive.

6. Morgan Villa February 27, 2014 at 10:01 pm . Reply

A good example of how we are losing interest and i bet i was not the only one who felt like this on Sunday. Whilst those goal flashes were coming up i wished Sky had gone for the Liverpool Swansea game instead of us.

We are so shit too watch this season is it anything to do with this defensive coach we took on in the summer because if it is sack him and bring in a defensive coach who knows formation under attack and defend. I have noticed in our games this season we stay in a defensive formation when we are attacking which is why our possession stats are so poor.

Lowton not playing makes a difference to our attacking play anbd to how well Wiemann plays, Lowton is great at coming forward findinfg the right pass and his crossing range is very diverse as well. hey but Albrighton and Lowton will play well and then get dropped Lambert does not want any up starts in his squad.

I wish the board the manager and the coaches would just piss off sick of the whole lot of them

1. lets be aving you February 28, 2014 at 12:54 pm . Reply

oh so true ~ I have noticed in our games this season we stay in a defensive formation when we are attacking which is why our possession stats are so poor said by morgon villa

its a tightrope last year , we were open. this year,you can see they worked on the defence. stepping up together as shown in everton game.keeping a defence shape also has downfalls as morgan said keeping the ball is much harder.

so the run in approaches and they need to find some form. i am confident we will. starting against norwich .we will finish strongly 5 more wins. we will look back at this and last season as transition seasons.

be gentle or i sue

1. Morgan Villa February 28, 2014 at 1:33 pm . Reply

lol

2. Bill Pearson. February 28, 2014 at 1:43 pm . Reply

We won’t do that to you Billy goat….curry.

1. Foxy February 28, 2014 at 4:55 pm . Reply

I had goat curry last night and it’s been disagreeing with me all day.

1. Bill Pearson. February 28, 2014 at 4:59 pm .

Hi Foxy. Billy goat curry change his name to let be Avin you , problem was the avatar the same.

2. OohAhPaulMcGrath February 28, 2014 at 5:53 pm .

Is that why you keep butting in 🙂

3. Foxy February 28, 2014 at 6:54 pm .

Groan

7. markdrapernumber8 February 28, 2014 at 12:50 pm . Reply

I think all the fans are losing interest. I can’t see how anyone can point to any positives at the moment. Maybe that we’ll have Okore back sooner rather than later?

Other than that I got nothing., I agee with all comments on here.

I don’t go to games because I live abroad, I used to go when I could, if I lived back home now there is no way you’d catch me at VP. I’ve lost interest for the first time as a fan because of our current reigime, game by game this season it’s gotten worse, the last game was the first game I didn’t watch this season, I won’t watch against Norwich either even though I think we’ll actually beat them.

Sad days as a Villan no doubt. Relegation is looming;