A load of rubbish. Sorry, I mean rumours.

The latest load of tripe again links us to Joleon Lescott;

This is just a joke in my opinion, as look at the alternative clubs that are mentioned as competing against us.
We have Schalke, who will be in the Champions League, Portland timbers and Al Ain.
And then there’s apparently the mighty West Ham, who, given that Lerner only wants to pay minimum wage, will probably offer twice the money we would.
Let’s face it. Even though he’s a Villa fan, he just ain’t coming.
And suggestions to the contrary are, to me, a plain insult.

Then we have Wes Hoolahan;

He’s not a particularly bad player and indeed about Lambert’s level to my mind, but come on;

Promoted Leicester City are ready with a £2million bid should Norwich snub Lambert and Villa’s interest once again.

Seeing that the mighty Leicester outgunned us wages-wise for Albrighton, is it really realistic that this will happen?
Yes, there might be a slight advantage in that the player knows Paul Lambert.
Enough said, hence I don’t see him coming to Villa.

And then, we’re due to miss out on Jack Colback;

Good, in my opinion.
He’s even more decidely average than the way I’m seeing the club at the moment.
And that’s saying something.

Page 2 of 2 1 2
  1. JimT June 9, 2014 at 6:34 pm . Reply

Well it’s the best we’ll get now. Get used to it. Wonder if they’ll be with us in the conference.

2. Jay Dee June 9, 2014 at 8:51 pm . Reply

Every season for the past god knows how long Joe Coles name to Villa every season

3. Jay Dee June 9, 2014 at 8:57 pm . Reply

A lot of people tweeting that Joe Cole is having a medical at Villa ?

4. Jay Dee June 9, 2014 at 8:58 pm . Reply

Lee Clayton of the daily mail says Joe Cole to Villa is a done deal

1. mike June 9, 2014 at 9:14 pm . Reply

Im waiting for someone to slag him off. I’m sorry we won’t be signing messi and Rinaldo just yet. This in the circumstances is quite exciting.

1. joe cole is shit June 9, 2014 at 9:23 pm . Reply

I’ll happily slag him off. The little cretin is and never has been any good. Discusting.

1. mike June 9, 2014 at 10:02 pm . Reply

Youve set up a profile just to slag a player which under circumstances is half decent signing. Please tell me who you would expect us to sign ?

1. joe cole is shit June 9, 2014 at 10:08 pm .

Vinnie Jones, Joey Barton, David Batty, Paul Ince, Danny Mills, Lee Hendrie. Anymore vile footballers you can think of really.
            And to top it off, Roy Keane as part of the backroom staff.
            Forget young and hungry, its now old and already rich.

2. OohAhPaulMcGrath June 9, 2014 at 10:32 pm .

Ha ha from one extreme to the other don’t no wots worse

3. joe cole is shit June 9, 2014 at 10:09 pm .

Half decent signing? He played a whopping 13 times for West Ham last season.

4. OohAhPaulMcGrath June 9, 2014 at 10:32 pm .

2. Andrew June 9, 2014 at 9:38 pm . Reply

Didn’t Gerrard say Joe Cole was as good as those 2 when Cole joined Liverpool? Lol

1. mike June 9, 2014 at 10:51 pm . Reply

He’s taken a big pay cut because he wants to play.

1. OohAhPaulMcGrath June 9, 2014 at 10:59 pm .

No it’s because his contract is coming to an end and no one else will touch him. He only played 13 times in a poor west ham team says it all. Another michael Owen but not as high lye paid thankfully

2. Andrew June 9, 2014 at 11:13 pm .

Not insulting him, I was simply trying to remember. He said something similar too it I believe is all. I’m all for him, though would prefer N’Zogbia to Cole, if we somehow keep both and would be willing to play an attacking style of football and having both, that would be great.

Oohah, Cole works in an attacking style if we play like that. Didn’t work at Pool because they weren’t playing the way they are now, didn’t work at West Ham because they don’t play the way he needs to be played. Hopefully we something similar to the first season under Lambert with a pass and move style.

3. OohAhPaulMcGrath June 10, 2014 at 12:05 am .

We play anti football at villa to

4. Andrew June 10, 2014 at 12:10 am .

That’s why I mentioned going back to Lambert’s first season, when we actually attacked teams.

5. Jay Dee June 9, 2014 at 9:21 pm . Reply

Joe Cole having a medical tonight apparently got him on a free

1. joe cole is shit June 9, 2014 at 9:24 pm . Reply

Whoever next? John Barnes?

1. joe cole is shit June 9, 2014 at 9:58 pm . Reply

We get the picture now.

6. marvin June 9, 2014 at 10:09 pm . Reply

Joe Cole – quite possibly the last name I would have expected to read, but he may have a bigger influence than when we signed (loaned) Pires? His fitness is the only thing that worries me.

1. joe cole is shit June 9, 2014 at 10:10 pm . Reply