Yet another manager payoff; Only this time we’re haggling hard

pounds_2292455b

If the press are to be believed, the only reason Remi Garde hasn’t been sacked is because he and the club can’t agree on his compensation.
I’m not surprised, as we apparently have most of a proper team running the club now and I fully expect them to look after the finances prudently.
But while I approve of that, surely it’s plain for all of us to see that this is one manager who deserves a proper payoff?

I’ve talked before about how he’s been stitched up in the transfer window and added to my sympathies where I talked about the lack of support or even the lies he’s been told by the hierarchy.
Even as much as I hinted that he wasn’t the right manager for us months ago and it might gall if you consider just how poor his actual performance has been during his tenure, I just think it’s the right thing to do.
Especially when you consider we gave Lambert a new five-year contract after he said he wanted to resign.

I reckon the fact is he could walk now and win another tribunal anyway, if what’s been reported is anywhere near true.
I know it’s going to cost the club a couple of million quid, but they’re probably only quibbling over half that and it’s pennies in the scheme of what’s gone on over the years.

So for me, it’s just a case of pay the bloke.

I was thinking that we should make him wait until it gives the club time to get someone in, but Garde seemingly doesn’t want to be here and the players aren’t listening to him anyway.
And if the new hierarchy are as canny as is being made out, perhaps they’ve sounded out/got someone lined up already?
Even if not, there’s no point sustaining things as they are, so we might as well draw the line and get it out of the way.

Garde cannot be in charge for the Chelsea game, as if things are as bad as made out, we’ll get thrashed.

The only thing is who’s going to cover?
MacDonald?
I reckon any of us could do as good a job as him, as at least we’d try and get the team geed up.
He’ll just play pretty much the same eleven and won’t motivate them at all.
And if he’s chosen to run the team until the end of the season…. well.

Eric Black?
Tough times indeed.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
  1. GIDDYVILLAN
    GIDDYVILLAN March 29, 2016 at 6:32 am .

I really hope this doesn’t drag on the club should pay him what he’s due that’s the least they could do,remi couldn’t give a fuck now even put him on gardening duty & install little for the remaining games.we’re down anyway we need this sorted out time to plan ahead.

2. Bill Pearson
    Bill Pearson March 29, 2016 at 11:09 am .

Giddy, I couldn’t agree more my mate, what going to happen is Garde sitting down, long face and wiggling his thumbs, Ok he’s been set up by a bad lot now all Hollis has to do is make amends by moving him on, and putting Little in charge, to me it would show fans big change ahead, by sitting this out, its making fans more madder at the club, yes pay him off.

3. pat57
    pat57 March 29, 2016 at 11:56 am .

According to BBC Sport –

‘Former Football Association executive Adrian Bevington has taken on a new role at Aston Villa, the Premier League club have announced.

Bevington will work with new Villa director and former FA chairman David Bernstein and the board in conducting the review into bottom-placed Villa’s season, which is set to end in relegation.’

Anybody got an idea what this ‘review’ might mean?

1. originallondonlion
      originallondonlion March 29, 2016 at 2:48 pm .

I am suspicious of this latest appointment. I think Bernstein has enough experience himself without involving a former FA Chairman, if there was no hint of anything criminal having occurred. But a review conducted by two of the FA’s most knowledgeable administrators makes me think it designed to counter a “my word against yours” defence with 2 heavyweights pointing the accusing fingers. I suspect therefore that substantial malpractice is suspected.

1. Hitchens 60
        Hitchens 60 March 29, 2016 at 4:33 pm .

OLL – I’m beginning to think you’re right – could well be dismissal for gross misconduct at the very least if the Telegraph’s article is accurate.

My only concern is that we’re not going down a ‘job for the boys’ route.

4. pat57
    pat57 March 29, 2016 at 11:57 am .

@Badger

BTW you need to put your clock forward by an hour 🙂

5. Jimbo
    Jimbo March 29, 2016 at 1:52 pm .

Now let’s clear garde out, get new man in asap to look at squad and start building for next season, forget interim just get on with it, with that many people on the board it should be fast, if it takes until May/June that’s a joke

6. nath
    nath March 29, 2016 at 4:41 pm .

can’t wait for the open top bus parade season end. richards reckons they deserve a rest for all there hard work they have put in after a season slog. him and gabby deserve their break in the sun, surely this comment highlights everything wrong at villa park.

hard work winning all them games richards and scoring them goals must take alot out of the players hey gabby. we should all chuck in for the open bus parade they deserve it

7. nath
    nath March 29, 2016 at 4:53 pm .

am i alone in thinking, no new manager will be appointed UNTIL the season end, i can see garde leaving after a settlement is reached. but new manager won’t want anything to do with this squad. maybe a agreement will be made between us and the new guy, but the replacement will be within whether its black or mcdonald.

dislike away lmao

8. Bill Pearson
    Bill Pearson March 29, 2016 at 6:24 pm .

No Nath, my very words, hes here time close season.

9. Bill Pearson
    Bill Pearson March 29, 2016 at 6:25 pm .

Till Nath.