What’s going on with Ross McCormack?

Whatever your view point about our striker, there’s no denying that he’s proved a total dud this season.
Signed as a prolific Championship striker, who has scored a boatload of goals and has a fair few assists in his career, he looked a very decent, albeit a very expensive signing at around £12 million.

But it just hasn’t worked out at all, has it?
Hence it looks a total disaster when you consider the word is Bruce quite simply wants rid of him and will have to take a whopping loss.

I mentioned the specific reason that was being touted as the cause of his head not being “right” in the comments at the time of “Gategate” and out of respect, I’m not going to repeat it.
But suffice to say, it’s a situation very many of us will have been in, myself included.
And it’s quite simply one you have to get your head around as quickly as possible, if you don’t want it to totally mess you up.

It would seem that Ross is finding things particularly difficult though and I know that the latest word is that he has got severe cysts in his mouth.

I don’t quite believe it though and it smacks 100% of a PR game, that’s trying to cover things up.
If his cysts were the reason he won’t be playing again this season, after having had weeks off already, why not just say so, before the word got out that he hasn’t turned up for training in the last three weeks?

This is all a load of pony, in my opinion.

It’s interesting to note that cysts in the mouth are sometimes caused by heavy spirits drinking.
Not that I’m suggesting that that’s the cause in Ross’s case.

But while I somewhat sympathise with what’s going on, let’s not forget he’s being paid £50k a week.
Perhaps he forgoes that at the moment, I don’t know.
But if he’s still getting it, he needs to get things sorted.

Page 1 of 2 1 2
  1. badger123 April 21, 2017 at 9:18 am . Reply

RIP Ugo Ehiogu.
    I’m shocked 🙁

2. Bum Bum April 21, 2017 at 10:10 am . Reply

Yeah. Ugo was great and we should have kept hold of him. Sad day. RIP big fella.

3. originallondonlion April 21, 2017 at 12:02 pm . Reply

Only 44. A great shock, good player for Villa, we don’t have many of his ability today RIP UGO.

1. OohAhPaulMcGrath April 21, 2017 at 6:53 pm . Reply

I remember watching him when he just broke into the first team and couldn’t believe the size of him neither could others around me. He was the start of a new generation of big powerful, strong athletic players. Good player him and Southgate arguably the best partnership we have had in modern times. Can’t believe he’s gone. Rip

4. Domingo April 21, 2017 at 12:39 pm . Reply

rip Ugo , im shocked to hear this news .

5. Rocky1 April 21, 2017 at 1:06 pm . Reply

RIP Ugo what very sad news at such a young age, I am gutted to hear this about another former Villa Legend.
    Holte Enders in the Sky will be there for you BIG Man.

6. Dave67 April 21, 2017 at 1:33 pm . Reply

Shocked I just checked into the site and read your comments RIP Big man.

7. giddyvillan April 21, 2017 at 1:50 pm . Reply

R. I. P EUGO very sad

1. Hitchens 60 April 22, 2017 at 6:56 am . Reply

Hi Giddy; missed your post yesterday – bit hectic. Great if you and Bill starting posting again.

8. Bill Pearson April 21, 2017 at 4:48 pm . Reply

I had the privilege to have met Ugo, he was a quiet man and always smiling, A big shock to us all, rest in peace big man.

9. Hitchens 60 April 21, 2017 at 5:08 pm . Reply

Hi Bill, nice to see you back. Great shock to hear of Ugo’s passing at such a young age – losing too many too soon RIP