What to think of Xia’s statement?

I’m keeping it short, as I’m still on my phone.

First, thoughts on the “no bank loan’ statement.
I think this is strictly speaking, a true statement.
While it’s true that we’ve taken money from Macquarie, I think it’s more of a forward sell, as opposed to a typical bank loan. The difference is subtle, but I believe it’s there.

Next is the statement that Xia has converted his loans to equity.
I don’t understand this one.
Yes, we’ve see a share allotment, but there’s been no value attached to them. It’s purely to improve the balance sheet, to suit FFP requirements,imo, which is good.
So if we’ve taken £40 odd million off the books, how much FFP trouble are we still in?
This is not made clear at all and it troubles me.

Do we really still need to sell Grealish?
I’m now not convinced, although it seems to me the Birmingham Mail are more than telling us that he actually wants to go, which is disappointing.
My stance would be that he’s going nowhere unless we get the right price.
There’s no doubt, we have to cut costs though.

Another one I have doubts about is the fact that any other shareholding won’t make a difference to FFP.
As has been explained, new owners would be given another chance to improve things.

The big impression I get is that the club isn’t in as bad a state as was implied by the media.
Or at least it’s not going bust.

But we are of course being set up for a period of severe austerity, which means playing more kids.
Given that we can expect no more than mid table at best, imo, I wonder if Bruce is now the right manager for us?

I predict that if we’re struggling, his contract will be allowed to expire.

Good luck England!

Page 6 of 7 1 4 5 6 7
  1. Bill Pearson July 11, 2018 at 9:33 pm .

England had no plan, Croatia moved the ball quicker and found there player’s,
    Don’t change your mind Badger we are still in the dark age.

1. Hitchens60 July 11, 2018 at 9:35 pm .

Think that’s a bit harsh Bill. Croatia were the better team – simples with more experience and better players – there’s no disgrace in losing to better opponents. Let’s see where this team is in two years time.

1. Bill Pearson July 11, 2018 at 9:56 pm .

Not in my eyes Hitch, their team are a lot older and they run rings around us. This passing back for the goalkeeper to clear all ended up back at us.no we was poor.

1. Hitchens60 July 11, 2018 at 10:00 pm .

Just have to agree to differ on that one Bill. Of course it was disappointing to lose but remember we had the youngest and least experienced squad in the tournament. As one old timer to another, age and experience can beat youthful exuberance!

2. nath July 11, 2018 at 9:45 pm .

england missed out oh so close. they should have won that game, we missed our chances in the first half, croatia were the better team i think overall, it was a nice surprise this world cup i enjoyed it and england being competitive was the nice surprise,

hindsight grealish would have been the finishing touch to this england team. we missed a player who can open up opposition ali i thought was poor all tournament. defence was missing a solid defender, overall thou i am happy

frogs will win 3 1 final

1. Hitchens60 July 11, 2018 at 9:54 pm .

Agreed Nath; we had two gilt edge chances in the first half to take a two goal lead. We didn’t take them and the rest becomes history.

Pointless criticising Southgate or the team given that, before the tournament started, most people thought we’d be lucky to get out of the group stages!

3. DSVilla July 11, 2018 at 9:55 pm .

Disappointing way to go out. That game was there for us. Still, exceeded my expectations getting as far as we did so not the time for recriminations.

4. Holte66 July 11, 2018 at 10:03 pm .

Gutted deja vu. A missed opportunity definitely. Croatia were on the ropes first half hour. At least England have gained the fans appreciation again and helped taken our minds off the idiots at VP.

5. Dave.C July 12, 2018 at 12:14 pm .

Meanwhile, Villa’s new home shirt is probably the worst I’ve ever seen, and being 53 I’ve seen a few, calling it second rate would be kind.

1. Pat 57 July 12, 2018 at 12:29 pm .

Not worried about the shirt but who’s going to be in it this coming season.

Back to what seems to be the default and dreading the new season.

1. Bill Pearson July 12, 2018 at 3:43 pm .

I’ve just realised, by the time the next the world cup comes I’ll be almost getting a letter from the queen, that might be why I was so pissed off. Hitch, we could have won but I still maintain 3 of our players didn’t turn up on the day, ok I’m cruel ,but even the comments from the panel said the same, why does Tottenham want Grealish? same reason to take the ball on and not side to side, Young, he left the door open time after time, Kane running around ,not his fault never got into the game. Then I know nothing about football, OLL I’ve always thought you know the game what’s your take enlighten me.

1. Hitchens 60 July 12, 2018 at 3:58 pm .

Bill, I agree with you on the three players – or was it four? For me Young was a liability but Henderson had a poor game and I’m still not sold on Stirling. The fourth for me is Deli Ali who goes ‘missing’ far too often. What I really didn’t agree with was that we hadn’t moved forward as a team. I think there was ample evidence of a more positive and aggressive approach throughout this tournament. If we can find one or two more gems we’ll have a very decent team.

1. Bill Pearson July 12, 2018 at 4:12 pm .

Hitch, I’m in agreement that ,yes an improvement with Southgate but I just dont like the idea of not dribbling and going forwards, how many times was the ball lost in trying to create openings, how many times was the ball passed back to the goalkeeper, when he kicked it nobody got it, and it went to the opposition, all a waist of time, as for Stirling fast but not part of yesterday’s game in the way we played.42 games 2 goals ?not a player I’d have picked.

6. Hitchens 60 July 12, 2018 at 4:05 pm .

Ho, Ho, Ho – no, not the VP guy but me laughing. Off topic but I’ve now heard it all. Fiat workers have gone on strike over Juventas signing Ronaldo. Apparently the same family owns Juventas and Fiat and the union has decided that the decision to buy Ronaldo means reduced investment in the car maker. The world and football in general has truly gone mad!

7. Bill Pearson July 12, 2018 at 4:43 pm .

Shit thats a good idea, we’ll get Land Rover to buy Villa. What possibly go wrong.

1. Hitchens60 July 12, 2018 at 5:55 pm .

LOL – Indian chicken farmers and Blackburn Rovers springs to mind!