Villa’s Three Point Turn

Well after last nights euphoria I feel more positivity flowing through my Claret and Blue veins.

The performance last night was excellent especially in the first half where we could have gone in 4.0 up imo. That got me thinking that luck was not with us but that was all about to change second half. We got lucky that Hutton was not sent off and there was an element of luck in the events leading up to the penalty. But boy did we deserve some luck to go our way. Too many times things have gone against us for example having players sent of for no reason which has lead to us dropping points. It is about time things went our way and the old adage of decisions evening themselves out over a season certainly applied last night.

But the most pleasing thing was we made our own luck for 90 mins every player bust a gut closing WBA down and getting in their faces. Nobody hid and we were rewarded with a penalty in the last minute when Lowton stretched every sinew in his body to get to that ball before Foster.

For once we battled right to the end and to get those three points in the way we did surely has to be the turning point for us now.

As I said in my previous post I am convinced we will stay up and I fully expect us to beat Sunderland and Swansea giving us a nice 31 points before we play UTD.

We turned a corner last night onwards and upwards. UTV.

Page 1 of 1
  1. cb March 4, 2015 at 12:10 pm . Reply

I think you are spot on the whole atmosphere has changed and getting out of the bottom 3 also feels good, im now looking forward to a trip to wembley and staying up with a bit to spare. I have a feeling Sunderland are a shambles at the moment i think we will beat them in our next league game, onwards and upwards

2. Bum Bum March 4, 2015 at 12:24 pm . Reply

Whatever happens, our confidence will be fragile. No booing for the rest of the season if we fail to meet last nights standard!!! I don’t think getting to 38 points will matter this year…maybe 33/34. On the other hand, why the hell can’t we get something out of Utd? We’ve beaten Citeh, the Saints (the football team, not the Australian punk band), Liverpool…all against the odds, with dire management and momentum. With Sherwood lifting the place, let’s challenge ourselves to go on a winning run for a change! UTV!!!!!

3. Bill Pearson March 4, 2015 at 1:21 pm . Reply

I’m in that feel good moment and not depressed, after seeing the team work their socks off, as I said on previous post nice to sit and understand the manager and explain his reasons as to why he changed the team, Lambert had no idea how to run a club , I sore that two months after he came, how he got away with what he achieved god knows, it had to be an owner that knows sod all about running a football clubs business, onwards and forwards Wembley is only three games away. Oohah nice to see the change mate, hope you get them season tickets soon in the post, keep the good work up.

1. BWS March 4, 2015 at 1:34 pm . Reply

Bill if you fancy reminiscing for an hour or so have a watch of this

1. Bill Pearson March 4, 2015 at 1:56 pm . Reply

Nice one BWS, Allen Evans goal remember it well. Ron Saunders what a shame that he left over Doug Ellis argument ,can you remember the Prescott fight in the ground? Its the year he walked.

1. BWS March 4, 2015 at 3:26 pm . Reply

No mate what was that all about?

2. BWS March 4, 2015 at 3:38 pm . Reply

Sorry Bill posted the wrong link, try this one

4. Bill Pearson March 4, 2015 at 4:01 pm . Reply

Remember it well mate I was stewarding at the matches, as for Ron Saunders it was all about Doug poking his nose into playing side of the club , that Liverpool game a police dog was sent into a Liverpool fight and the dog bite the policewoman, had to drag her out of them pens, didn’t it make a mess of her leg. Them was happy daysmate.

1. BWS March 4, 2015 at 4:19 pm . Reply

Yea Bill I remember the Sir Ron Ellis thing, it ways always in the Mail about shareholder meetings at VP and if I remember it right Sir Ron calling for the small shareholders to turn up and vote to keep Ellis out.
      Shame Sir Ron left under a bit of a cloud after what he’d achieved at the club, the best manager AVFC ever had, only we could have let him walk away.
      What was this Prescott fight thing all about?
      As for the above link I give up,that’s not what it’s supposed to be.
      Put this into youtube –
      Aston Villa Champions 1980 – 1981 – Season Review
      – and then just bask in the memories, happy days mate.

5. Bill Pearson March 4, 2015 at 8:21 pm . Reply

Not going for us so far, Stoke beating Everton, Swansea drawing with Tottenham, all the rest are drawing.

1. steve March 4, 2015 at 8:52 pm . Reply

We want stoke to win. Everton have 28 points Stoke have 39

6. Bill Pearson March 4, 2015 at 8:32 pm . Reply

Liverpool beating Burnley…

7. Andrew March 4, 2015 at 8:43 pm . Reply

Not going for us? Stoke and Swansea are on 39 and 40 points respectively. They’re not in the race. Everton losing is definitely going for us as they’re only 3 points above us. Leicester, Everton and Burnley losing would be great results for us. Just need QPR to lose to Arsenal and it’s a perfect day.

8. steve March 4, 2015 at 9:40 pm . Reply

We cud not have wished for a better set of results over the last two nights. Maybe our luck is changing.

9. pat57 March 4, 2015 at 10:24 pm . Reply

Been listening to 5 live all night with (almost) as much trepidation as last night.

But NO WORRIES – Burnley didn’t turn up against the pool
    QPR’s only decent player scored but Arsenal held out
    Leicester lost to a lack lustre City

So we’re still out of the bottom 3!

Still pondering the fact that we got home draws in all out FA Cup games – unheard of isn’t it?

So is this it? Is this where, as Steve says above, our luck changes? I’m beginning to think this might just be the case. Find myself almost looking forward to Saturday 🙂

UTV