Villa – Wigan; A home banker?

The Carabao cup then, or as I still call it, the League cup.
I have total contempt for anything that changes it’s name every five minutes and it’s this that has helped diminish the standing of this trophy, just the same as the FA cup, in my opinion.
I’m not alone either, as every time I mention “Carabao”, everyone replies “what’s that then?”.
Even the Beeb are calling it the EFL cup.
Keep whoring yourselves out, league and FA. It will bite you on the proverbial eventually.

I do love a little moan every day and I was wondering where today’s was. That was it and I feel much better for it, thanks.

So I expect this game very much revolves around what team Steve Bruce decides to put out and it’s interesting to note who didn’t play in the U-23’s game against Stoke today.
Keinan Davis, Callum O’Hare, Jake Doyle-Hayes, Mitch Clark and Rushian Hepburn-Murphy didn’t feature at all.

Hence you’d have to suspect that most of them will be involved to some extent, although given that young lads can’t possibly play three games in a week, you’d expect Davies to be rested so Gabby can get over his “back twinge” and start. Which to my mind, is about fitting for him.

Wigan are also expected to rotate their squad, or in plain English, play a weakened side too.

So this really should be a home banker, shouldn’t it?

Unfortunately, if Bruce is going to treat this competition with the same contempt that everyone else seems too, well, why should I be bothered to try and predict the outcome?

But then, I still believe this is a cup worth winning, so am going to call a few goals.
Villa to win 3-1.

And the Wigan fans can pay cash on the door. What’s that about?
That should bring in another couple of hundred quid, I suppose.

1. nath August 23, 2017 at 8:49 pm . Reply

i was right lol we looked to have signed Snodgrass on loan. which will be permanent in the summer, if he rediscovers his form which he will. because he is a class player. able to play out wide and behind the strikers. he strikes a decent free kick and creates and scores.

our dinosaur has improved our squad quality and depth. now they are gelling together the performances are coming. I watched last two games and I am still waiting to see the crazy gang style football ppl have been posting. long ball games changed over the years if we are playing long ball

hats off to bruce, under massive pressures he took the shit. everybody was throwing at him and the team, shielded the players from most of the stupidity bubbling around us after only two games. iam so happy the players responded for him. he deserves a chance for the hard graft hes done.

you should put the dislikes buttons on badger. I want at least 10 dislikes or I will cry

1. langfordvilla August 23, 2017 at 9:01 pm . Reply

Nath….fine words mate. Couldn’t agree more!

In the absence of a ‘dislike button’ see below!

I dislike x 10 🙂

2. langfordvilla August 23, 2017 at 8:55 pm . Reply

My man:

‘Snodgrass is very close, I will only get the full scoop if its a loan with a view to a permanent signing’……timed at 11.54pm last night. Sorry guys but missed that tweet from him!

1. OohAhPaulMcGrath August 24, 2017 at 12:16 pm . Reply

Not sure about Snodgrass. I want our youngsters in.

3. VillaAwayInDiv3 August 23, 2017 at 11:58 pm . Reply

” I watched last two games and I am still waiting to see the crazy gang style football ppl have been posting. long ball games changed over the years if we are playing long ball “……………

Cant remember people saying that we played long ball during the last 2 games…….the previous ones we were devoid of ideas and hoofing it up to god know who…..

4. Hitchens 60 August 24, 2017 at 7:09 am . Reply

I see there is growing transfer ‘noise’ around Andre Green. Now I welcome Snodgrass joining but not if it means the club let Green go to the PL. Am I worrying too much or will FFP considerations sway Villa’s thinking should a sizeable offer come in?

1. OohAhPaulMcGrath August 24, 2017 at 12:13 pm . Reply

Who’s after Green. No way should we let him go.

1. Hitchens 60 August 24, 2017 at 3:56 pm . Reply

Allegedly Palace and Bournemouth

2. marvin August 24, 2017 at 7:01 pm . Reply

Well the last time I checked Gabby and Richards were still on about 50k/55k-a-week, this could have changed from last season, but if the club was to offload even one of these two older fringe players there should be no need to sell our younger talent to stay within the rules.

The question is though, who is willing to take them on and/or is the club in the position where they just can’t release them due to the likely large pay off?

5. JohnDoyle August 24, 2017 at 1:38 pm . Reply

I’ll be the first to admitt I have given that old shyte bag Bruce and good pants down and spincter kickin over the past 2 weeks and i take nothin back I stand by what I say, but I can only imagine he’s been sat on the pot taking a shyte and the penny has finally dropped and he realises that us fans wont put up with the dog shyte playin stile he has been serving up and i think hes realised he has to take his tumb from his arse and get the players playin, and taking that long shyte has lrobably helped him some of my biggest decisions have been thought, rationalised, and then given the green light while i been shytin to the heavens. Either that or or charlie chan has been in his hear and telling him to stop fu ckin about with defendin and take it to teams perhaps some tough chinese lovin.

And 8 goals in 2 games i cant rember when we last did that and i was there on saturday and again, we played with some convicsion and took it to the opposite team and used the players at our disposal and while not perfect it was a different tactic bruce used instead of being all timid and being like a bunch of scissys boys gettin wet over that litle prick justine beeber we went at them just like against wigan. If the old dinosuar bruce continues like this most will get off his back and support the guy no matter how that puffy face looks but if he goes back and brings back his bumchums abonglahorn and hutton and all the rest of the shyte then he can expect shyte in his face from all corners

And the reserve players have really stepped up to the mark we have been callin for years for this to happen and davis the boy up front was brillianst he looks strong and powerful not like that streak of piss abonglahore and that stupid little tache he thinks looks good i have grown bum fluff that looks better than that but i digress well done the lads and bruce for finally proving you do have some fu ckin man balls main thing now bruce sticks to this mantra and throws that shyte tactics book away that he bought in 1978 and keeps reasing up on the new book he bought this year, its only 2 games but signs were good im a happy man for now just dont go back on this he has shown the light now continue and grow.

6. Hitchens 60 August 24, 2017 at 4:01 pm . Reply

Three MORE injuries for Friday – Davis (hamstring), Hutton (ankle) – are those cheers I hear? And Jedinak is ill after recovering from groin surgery. Wonder if we will ever get near a full squad to select from?

7. marvin August 24, 2017 at 6:30 pm . Reply

What about Gabby? Is he fit, released, sold (wishful thinking), or still injured? Maybe I missed something, but I found it odd that no one mentioned him in the pre match press conference. I fear Bruce still trusts he can get the best out of Gabby and we’ll see him start, even over Hogan.

1. Hitchens 60 August 24, 2017 at 6:35 pm . Reply

Allegedly has a back injury – again. Hope he’s still ‘unfit’.