Villa V Arsenal Preview

B6 has kindly offered the following thoughts, cheers mate;

After the excellent result against Liverpool at Anfield last weekend we return to Villa Park this Saturday for a fixture that is full of anticipation.

I personally enjoy games against the Gooners. Whilst we always seem to do well at there place the same can’t be said when we play them at home. They have an impressive record at Villa Park and it’s always a tough fixture and I am sure this time around will be no different.

However, there are lots of positives we can take into this fixture, not only the confidence we have, that must be sky high after a fantastic start to the season, but we can also take the fact that Arsenal played an away European fixture in midweek and were comfortably beaten. I didn’t see the game but from what I’ve read and heard the weren’t very good.

So how will this game go? Personally I would rather play every game away from home because the way we are set to play and the players we have we are much more suited to playing on the break, something I believe you can’t do at home.

I think Arsenal have some top quality players on their day. For me Welbeck is a decent player whilst Sanchez is excellent, coupled with the likes of Ozil, Ramsey and Cazorla our midfield and defence are going to have to be right on top of there game. They do have frailties in defence however with no recognised right back available, something which we desperately need to exploit.

We are long overdue a victory over the Arsenal at Villa Park, my heart says a Villa win but my head is saying they will have a little too much quality for us and, as much as it annoys me to say it, I’m expecting our first defeat of the season. I hope I’m wrong.

Prediction….. Villa 1 Arsenal 3
Top bet….Welbeck anytime scorer and Arsenal to win pays 2/1
Worth-a-quid…..Sanchez first goalscorer and Arsenal to win 3-1 pays 65/1

Page 1 of 2 1 2
    Luke444 September 19, 2014 at 7:30 am .

Leicester managed a draw with them at home so no reason we can’t get at least a draw. Plus they may be without Wilshere and debuchy is injured. We have to go at them and put them under pressure plus our defence is much more solid now

OohAhPaulMcGrath September 19, 2014 at 12:12 pm .

Wilshires fit

Andrew September 19, 2014 at 1:15 pm .

Which is even better as he’s been shocking for the last year and a half. You wanna see potential going down the drain, he is it.

Bill Pearson September 19, 2014 at 7:39 am .

Did we think that last season, its about style of play, Villa can play good sides, I’ve no worries on people like Ramsey, Gazorla or Orzil, I don’t know how Ramsey playing for England, to me he’s hit and miss. no its a Draw on the cards for me, could even snatch that win.

Colonius81 September 19, 2014 at 9:15 am .

Ya we could face their backlash after such a poor performance midweek or arsenal could attack us and play into our hands a little. As far as I know wishere is thought to be ok to play ( Ramsey is welsh bill!)

Bill Pearson September 19, 2014 at 11:57 am .

Sorry aop moment, should have known, its just I’ve watched him and Wiltshere both are hit or miss to me. Shit Ramsey won’t live that down.

OriginalLondonLion September 19, 2014 at 10:05 am .

75% possession. Liverpool had it and failed. I can see Arsenal coming out on top if they achieve a similar figure. Partly the speed and efficiency of Villa’s attacks means the ball is back with the opposition quickly. So the challenge for us is to hold the ball – preferably around the half way line with at least four players behind it.

ifiruledtheworld September 19, 2014 at 10:28 am .

I can see us getting a point from this, but that’s about it.. it all comes down to our defence really, they need to keep the same level of performance as they have been giving us so far and we are always in with a chance! The most important thing is, no matter what the result we must all remain optimistic!

Adam September 19, 2014 at 11:04 am .

I still stick by it, I think we will do em! 2-0 to the Villa. Arsenal are there for the taking.

OohAhPaulMcGrath September 19, 2014 at 12:14 pm .

No chance we won’t keep a clean sheet v arsenal they will get at least one

VTID September 19, 2014 at 12:06 pm .

I think they will give us the respect, they didn’t last season, and we will struggle to keep the ball. I also think they are hurting from mid week loss so will want to turn it around. I feel they will nick the three points 0-1 Arsenal

OohAhPaulMcGrath September 19, 2014 at 12:15 pm .

Agree I think they will do a job on us tomorrow we’ve not won at VP v arse since 1998 what a joke

Vaze September 19, 2014 at 12:32 pm .

Arsenal have only won three in eight versus Villa at the Emirates, their worst record against any side.

What a joke.

I think that we’ll give them a good game, and am cautiously optimistic. I do fear an Arsenal side and Wenger in particular when they are receiving criticism as they often come out with a barnstorming win.

It’s nice to have a Villa side back that are competitive once more.

The only certainty in the game, is that the naysayers will back in their droves should we lose.

Hitchens60 September 19, 2014 at 12:44 pm .

I usually like to back the law of averages; lot of good it’s ever done me! Arsenal is not the only side we haven’t beaten at home since the Flood and I keep thinking we have to win one sometime don’t we? Law of averages?

I’ll keep to the faith and go with a narrow win 2-1 but I haven’t got a prediction right so far this season.

Law of avergaes then! 🙂

Hitchens60 September 19, 2014 at 12:45 pm .

Oh and whille I’m on a roll – we haven’t won three in a row since the last king died!

Still working on the law of averages 🙂

#HELENIUS September 19, 2014 at 3:21 pm .

1-4. Think our unbeaten streak will end terribly tomo. It’s got to at some point right?

Hitchens 60 September 19, 2014 at 3:30 pm .

No – can’t agree. We’re not that bad this season and Arsenal aren’t that good.

#HELENIUS September 19, 2014 at 4:34 pm .

Because they played poorly midweek? Arsenal are a very good side. Fortunately we have been exceptional defensively. That may well be our saving grace like last week. Don’t get me wrong, I’ll take the points however we get them.

Not trying to be negative, in fact i’m buzzing about the game, just very worried which Arsenal and which Villa will turn up!!

Please Villa, don’t give oohaah any ammo……!!!!

Hitchens 60 September 19, 2014 at 5:01 pm .

No – Arsenal have some very good players and can’t be underestimated. I just don’t believe there is a 3 goal difference between them. Also history suggest a close game with few goals.

I’m 100% with you on not loading Oohah’s gun for him 🙂

Andrew September 20, 2014 at 4:10 am .

They drew Everton, Leicester and City so far, barely beat Palace and are without Debuchy and possibly Chambers. Their midfield’s weaker than Liverpool’s and bar Welbeck and Sanchez’s ability/speed, they’re not the scariest attacking side. They also haven’t scored more than 2 goals this season so can’t see why they’re scoring 4 on the best defense so far.

Andrew September 20, 2014 at 4:11 am .

2 goals in a game*