Villa To Home In on Survival

After giving our situation some thought last night I really think we will stay up. No I have not had a bang to the head and yes Oohah is being positive for once!

Why?….you may ask.

Well it’s simple really despite the poor results and a dearth of quality in our squad I still think it is a confidence issue. Let’s put it this way would anyone swap our squad for QPR’s, Burnley’s or Leicester’s? No I didn’t think so. Against Stoke past week we deserved a draw you cannot legislate for our so-called best defender for switching off and gifting the opposition a win. Fortunately Vlaar is out for awhile so we will not have to worry about this in forthcoming games.

Another factor is our home fixtures are all winnable plus we play QPR and Burnley so it is still very much in our hands. I feel if Benteke can get one goal he will go on a purple patch and as we all know on his day he is unplayable. None of our relegation rivals have a player of his class despite him not showing it for awhile. Away from home it will be tougher and we can forget getting anything against the two Manchester clubs. However, I feel we can still nick a few points in the other away games.  Spurs are shattered and Saints are just starting to slide a bit now.

Another thing in our favour is I feel as little as 36 points should be enough. I am sticking my neck out a bit but fully expect us to pick up points in our remaining home games. I am going for us to get 12 points out of our 6 home games and 3 away points. This will give us 37 points which should be just enough to survive as teams like Leicester, Hull, QPR and Burnley will also struggle to get past 35-36 points. I also fully expect us to beat QPR and Burnley.

Starting with WBA we will win 2.1, the confidence will return and the points will start coming. You heard it here first.

Page 2 of 2 1 2
  1. slippery March 1, 2015 at 3:48 pm . Reply

I can’t believe what’s being written on here, AVFC are going down end of.
    The life Forrest, Sheffield and Leeds awaits, anybody that thinks otherwise is simply kidding themselves.

2. slippery March 1, 2015 at 4:58 pm . Reply

Word has it both strikers are injured but does it matter? We aren’t going to score againt a well organised Pullis side,
    We’re DOOMED! DOOMED I say.

3. Jay Dee March 1, 2015 at 8:30 pm . Reply

Means I’m going to jump on the positive train of thoughts even though I don’t feel that positive CAPICHE

1. Badger123 March 2, 2015 at 3:37 am . Reply

BWS, you’re back on mate.
      Keep it civil, is my suggestion 😉

4. Andrew March 1, 2015 at 8:46 pm . Reply

Don’t remember seeing it on here;

Anyone read Telegraph’s “Lerner in Limbo over sale” from yesterday, claiming there’s two interested parties, but obviously nothing would happen till the summer as if we go down, they’d get to buy us cheaper. And that Lerner could be prepared to sell us for as low as 100m even if we stay up?

5. DSVilla March 1, 2015 at 10:53 pm . Reply

Whoever it is that has kidnapped Oohah and forced him to write this positive post, can you please send him back to us unharmed?

On the “should Gabby play” question…..nope. He’s way past his best, and his best wasn’t good enough anyway.

Will we stay up? There are three very poor teams around us, and maybe they will finish below us, but they all seem to be able to conjure up the odd good/winning performance, and we don’t. It doesn’t look promising.

6. VillaAwayInDiv3 March 2, 2015 at 12:00 am . Reply

Tuesday is a must win as its a chance to really get away from the others with ……..
    Man City v LEICESTER
    QPR v Arsenal
    Liverpool v BURNLEY
    The other one is HULL v SUNDERLAND.

I am feeling sick already and still 2 days to go……….

7. pat57 March 2, 2015 at 12:21 am . Reply

When the moaner in residence comes out with a positive message then you know you’re in it up to your eyeballs.

Technically I’d agree that there’s still an outside chance but only if the team showed some real fight for 90 minutes which I haven’t seen all season. That coupled with the amount of bad luck the team is undergoing leads me to believe that, after seasons of dithering on the brink, that we’re finally ‘f***ed.

I’m learning this at the moment in preparation –

8. #HELENIUS March 2, 2015 at 10:17 am . Reply

Really do hate to disagree on this one oohaah but I think the other teams around us have more fight in them.

Also, you say “Let’s put it this way would anyone swap our squad for QPR’s, Burnley’s or Leicester’s? No I didn’t think so”

I’d chew my arm off for Ings, Matty James, Austin, Sandro – Even Taraabt!!! over what we have been fielding!!!