Villa – Swansea; Big, big game and Sherwood needs a win

swans

Well, the headline says it all really doesn’t it?
This is simply a massive game for Tim Sherwood and we all know the pressure he’s been under of late.
Indeed, it seems he might have heaped some on himself today, in suggesting that’ll he basically resign if he feels the need.
I’ve got a sneaky feeling that decision might even come as soon as tomorrow if we don’t get the win, so important is the game and I’ve no doubt that’ll please more than a few of us.

While I’ve been supportive of Sherwood up to now, mainly because I’m not convinced we’ll get anyone better in, I’m also becoming perhaps a bit more realistic about how grave our current plight is.
The simple fact is if we lose tomorrow our current form will be six played without a single point to our name. That’s frankly shocking and will surely leave Sherwood in an untenable position, where even if he doesn’t jump, the hierarchy may well sack him, even if they’re somewhat reluctant.

The possibly good news is that we don’t have any injuries at all. Of course Sherwood might not be particularly bothered about that if you believe the stories that he didn’t want at least some of them.
So the big question in that area is who is the manager going to play?
Does Gabby walk straight back in?
Will Lescott be dropped for Clark or Okore?

The truth is I don’t particularly care for this one match, as it’s not about the team selection.
It’s not about the tactics either really. I don’t care if he plays half the reserves and goes 1-8-1 either.
It’s simply all about getting the win at any costs and regardless of if Guzan mis-kicks it into their net or something similarly daft.

And I really do want us to win.
Because the club is pretty much on its knees at the moment and I just don’t want it to sink any lower.

The trouble is, I’m not convinced it’s going to happen and I think a point might be about as good as it gets.
Which won’t be good enough to appease certainly the fans or probably Fox and Lerner either.

1-1 then.

Page 7 of 8 1 5 6 7 8
  1. GIDDYVILLAN October 24, 2015 at 4:52 pm .

What a heap of SHITE we couldn’t buy a win its our year that’s for sure.time to fuck off Tim we’re beyond a joke.

2. marvin October 24, 2015 at 4:56 pm .

Sherwood aside – on the positive the squad seemed to close down more and it was great to see Ayew get his first goal. Still questions have to be asked about Sherwood’s reliance on Lambert’s old squad and his dependency on Gestede who I have to say is holding us back more than contributing goals. Now I look forward to hearing post match comments.

1. Dave67 October 24, 2015 at 5:01 pm .

I agree Gestede not good enough far to slow and can’t read the game.

3. BWS October 24, 2015 at 4:59 pm .

They weren’t that bad, it’s not a bad squad but the confidence is totally shot but just who could turn it round?

1. Im Ronny Pickering October 24, 2015 at 5:06 pm .

Not a clue BWS, but saying its going to happen anyway so start with any available manager except Sherwood.

4. Im Ronny Pickering October 24, 2015 at 4:59 pm .

Think that’s a Ban.. Mate.

5. pat57 October 24, 2015 at 5:00 pm .

Only good thing about this defeat is that it will hopefully change something – the manager anyway.

I honestly don’t think the team’s that bad so it all has to be down to Tim.

Let’s see what someone else can do with this squad.

Sack Tim now and get someone else in for Monday’s training

6. pat57 October 24, 2015 at 5:01 pm .

Red card for B6

7. Usher wood October 24, 2015 at 5:02 pm .

Need to drop Sherwood now – time is of essence. Get reserve team coaches to hold fort (crumbling). Hope they’ve got candidates lined up to give a fighting chance. Sherwood has no consistency or logic in his selections. Left field selections are finw if you pull them off.

1. BWS October 24, 2015 at 5:05 pm .

Hold the fort? It’s the f**king Alamo mate.

1. OohAhPaulMcGrath October 24, 2015 at 5:07 pm .

If Badger and Sherwood apologists come on here and say we only lost by one goal I will not be responsible for my actions :-((

1. OohAhPaulMcGrath October 24, 2015 at 5:16 pm .

Let’s not get Personnal B6 we are all gutted but refrain from calling badger an idiot please u can assure u he’s not. But he is a Sherwood apologist lol

8. bencey83 October 24, 2015 at 5:03 pm .

When you’re in the bottom 3, you’re not entitled to that sort of confidence! Nobody can ever say “we’re going to win today” and be sure of it, other than a fool! Please replace him now – anyone will do!

9. Hitchens 60 October 24, 2015 at 5:08 pm .

B6 – i think you’ve just proved my point. Offensive language is completely uncalled for but then it’s not the first time on here is it. Clearly you are incapable of mounting an intelligent arguement and revert to shouting and swearing in your frustration. You can get help – you probably need it

10. billys boots October 24, 2015 at 5:08 pm .

all being said cant fault the effort today amavi should of come on at sixty minutes though