Villa – Sheff Weds; Hopefully the start of a decent run

I’m fed up.
I have a very decent, well paid job, but it involves long hours and weekends are the most important part of the week.
I quite simply have to turn in.

Which makes it a pain for me when we get a normal Saturday afternoon kick-off.
Hence this is yet another game that I won’t get to see live.
I must be one of very few who actually like the late Sky starting times.

Whatever, what do I say here?

We all know the score and it’s simply that we need to win if we’re to maintain momentum and keep the pressure on the clubs above us.

I have to be honest and say I know very little about Wednesday or how they play, save to say I have a work colleague who supports them and he’s been very quiet lately, which suggests to me that they just haven’t been very good.

From what I’ve read on flicking around, Carvalhal is under serious pressure, which strikes me as odd, given that he was flavour of the month not so long back. It is indeed a funny old game.

Straight on to squad news then and Kodjia might be ok, but it’s doubtful.
Jack Grealish is in contention, but I reckon he’ll be on the bench, if he’s involved at all.
Bruce obviously rates him, so will probably look to bring him on if things are going ok.
Gabby is still injured. Enough said there.

Bruce could change things up, but I doubt he will.
Taylor could come in for Hutton, for instance, but why would you do it?
Hutton is probably our best player over the last month, even though he’s played out of position.

In this sense, I think the manager is calling it spot on.
Play the same players every game, until there’s a reason not too, in my opinion.
14 players won us the league, all those years ago, after all.
As Bruce has said, the likes of young Callum O’Hare will get their chances.
I believe we have seven games in December, when it’s proper cold and injuries will creep in.
And this is where squads will show the difference, when it comes to lasting the course.

As for the Owls, Daniel Pudil is a major doubt and Midfielder Sam Hutchinson, striker Fernando Forestieri and winger George Boyd remain sidelined.

So given that I’m very much guessing then, so I have to go on form and ours is just better.
Wednesday (it’s a strange but great name isn’t it? Nearly as good as ours and very British) won their last game, but have only achieved back-to-back wins once this season.

Add in our home advantage, coupled with the fact that the corresponding fixture last season saw us get a 2-0 win, I have to think we should win this.
The bookies agree, with us being near evens and Wednesday 2-1.

I’m hoping this will be a decent game and am going to predict a 2-1 win.

UTV!

1. VillaAwayInDiv3 November 4, 2017 at 3:28 pm . Reply

Even the blokes turned the stream off now……what a great day…not

2. Dave67 November 4, 2017 at 3:35 pm . Reply

If we are going to challenge for top position, these are the games we should be wining.

1. OohAhPaulMcGrath November 4, 2017 at 3:38 pm . Reply

Typical villa just knew we’d screw it up today. And that useless twat sambas on we will be lucky to just lose 2.0. Bruce is clueless he has to go when international break starts perfect time

3. VillaAwayInDiv3 November 4, 2017 at 3:47 pm . Reply

Ohare on for an unhappy Snodgrass.

4. nath November 4, 2017 at 3:59 pm . Reply

wtf lol shit league lol wednesday have dominated villa. we cant handle their pressing. davis and hogan isolated. wide boys snodgrass and adomah absolutely invisible. snodgrass is having a laugh if hes complaining about being subbed. to be fair both did nothing only give away ball. its gonna be a long embarrassing 2nd half if they come out with same clueless and lack of energy game.

5. Adam November 4, 2017 at 4:10 pm . Reply

If you have sportsdevil on kodi you can watch the game its on.

6. nath November 4, 2017 at 4:10 pm . Reply

started 2nd half better than 1st half lol but they look better

7. Bill Pearson November 4, 2017 at 4:15 pm . Reply

I’ve tried to to tell you idiots that villa are far from being a contender to go up, you are all living in a dream because we love the club, stop and think, we haven’t the player’s to fight for the money they get., you keep giving your thinking on how we should play, yet we will get nowhere its a shambles in what we we do..

1. jvillan November 4, 2017 at 4:31 pm . Reply

best post you have put up,honest and true

8. Bill Pearson November 4, 2017 at 4:17 pm . Reply

Just look at the money I’ve spent in the name of the club.?

9. nath November 4, 2017 at 4:19 pm . Reply

dirty wallace they are targeting davis because they know stop him stop us

10. nath November 4, 2017 at 4:29 pm . Reply

game needs grealish, if we manage to get one we will get something from game