Villa – Blues; the big one again….. Vote as to who will win

There you go, it’s right at the top of the post, so you can vote and don’t have to read my prattle if you don’t want to.

I have to confess that I’m worried about this one.
We’ve had a great run in winning six games out of six and when you’re having such a good run, thoughts have to turn to when that run will eventually end, as it surely has to.

Unfortunately, Blues seem to have turned their very poor form around and they’ve won four, drawn one and lost one of their last six, while also scoring a lot of goals compared to previously in the season.
Couple this with the fact that I’m not so Gung-ho in my thinking these days and I see this very much as a major banana skin that we need to avoid, if we’re to continue in our challenge for second in the league.

It’s not that I think Blues are as good as us, it’s just the fact that it’s a derby, where we all know the odd simple mistake can decide the game.

So what do we know?

We’re in very good nick, with only the usual long-term sufferers being out.
Lewis Grabben has trained this week, so might get a few minutes, depending on how the game goes, but you’d have to expect that Steve Bruce will yet again make very few, if any at all, changes to the starting eleven.

On the Blues’ part (and I really couldn’t care less) full-back Jonathan Grounds is out with a knee injury.
Winger Jacques Maghoma might make it, after missing the last couple of weeks with a groin problem.

None of it really matters, as it’s all about who wants it the most when it comes to the second city derby, in my opinion.

We’re the better/bigger club, by a mile.
We have the better first X1 and squad.
We have the better everything; it’s as simple as that.
As we all know.

But it means nothing, as derbies are on a level only equalled by the FA cup, in that everything goes out the window.
Where the result can massively inflate/deflate a club’s confidence either way.

That said, the bookies have us as odds-on favourites and they’re no mugs.
And as much as I’m worried about this one, so I refuse to think that the scum can beat us on our own patch.

I’m going for a 2-1 win.
I don’t give a toss who gets the goals and I don’t care how we go about it.
As long as we out-work and out-fight the toe-rags.

The word is that Steve Bruce is hoping to be at the game, after the sad loss of his father, combined with his mother’s ill health.
He has my sincere condolences and I suspect he will indeed make it, purely because he won’t be able to resist such an interesting game. That, plus work takes your mind off things, I’ve found.

Fingers crossed for that Villa win.

UTV!

1. Andrew
    Andrew February 9, 2018 at 9:43 pm .

Blues are in good form but so are we. Seems Hogan may be out, which is 100% why we needed a new striker and Grabban could get his start. A good result for us though is Millwall drawing Cardiff.

1. Hitchens60
      Hitchens60 February 10, 2018 at 7:42 am .

Where did you read that Andrew – big blow if so as SB will be tempted to play Gabby given that Grabben is short of game time.

1. Andrew
        Andrew February 10, 2018 at 9:22 pm .

Was on a facebook page I’m following so I can’t say for sure it’s true. Just what I’ve read/

2. Bum Bum
    Bum Bum February 10, 2018 at 7:14 am .

To beat the early kick off, I’ve started drinking already! Tough game ahead but I think we’ll do them 3-1

3. nath
    nath February 10, 2018 at 8:02 am .

i am happy things at villa are more stable. just has many predicted under Brucie. i am mostly pleased for scotty hogan. who is finally scoring and looks like the player most knew he was. grealish is another player and main reason why villa have improved lately. since returning from injury, he has wasted no time in proving lots of ppl wrong. he has returned like a man possessed. he creates spaces, starts off all villa’s best moves. he has both imagination and skills to carry out his vision.

massive massive game the blues. form doesn’t matter in this one. they will both try to embarrass each other. we need this game to carry on the fine form of late. i havent been impressed with the last game. winning as we have done, brings confidence and arrogance, but it also brings with it the team collectively thinking they have made it and they will stop doing the things, they have improved on and return to the team that makes too many mistakes.

B6 you got 3 /5 last week coupon as did i we needed only one more and we would have got stakes back. i am struggling this week to find 5 need your help so post your 5 i may be using your selections,

i think villa will get a wake up call from the blues, i expect they will score and villa will come from behind late on. 2 2 draw

4. Holte 66
    Holte 66 February 10, 2018 at 11:30 am .

I think it will be 1-1 because blues will try to make it an ugly scrappy game and we tend to do better against teams that open up at Villa Park. Also our winning run has to come to an end eventually. I hope we win because we can’t allow Derby and Fulham to keep pressure on us. I hope Hogan is fit because the front three with Grealish and Hourihane have developed a great understanding between them.

5. Bill Pearson
    Bill Pearson February 10, 2018 at 12:42 pm .

Sheffield utd 1 up against Leeds, first 2 minutes .

6. nath
    nath February 10, 2018 at 2:12 pm .

west ham draw
    fulham away
    derby draw
    notts county away
    crewe home

7. Bill Pearson
    Bill Pearson February 10, 2018 at 3:03 pm .

Best of luck Nath.

1. nath
      nath February 10, 2018 at 3:19 pm .

i have the manflu i couldn’t study the form lol getting my excuses in early

8. pat57
    pat57 February 10, 2018 at 5:01 pm .

Derby 1-1 Norwich

Now more important than just beating the noses. A win and we’re in second!

1. CA Villan
      CA Villan February 10, 2018 at 5:03 pm .

a lot of teams dropped poonts today. surprised by the fulham result. just need the win tomorrow

2. Bum Bum
      Bum Bum February 10, 2018 at 5:05 pm .

Now that’s some incentive!!!!!!!

9. Holte 66
    Holte 66 February 10, 2018 at 7:15 pm .

Good results for us considering Derby. Fulham and Bristol City were all winning. It would be a big psychological blow to those around us if we win tomorrow and go 2nd. Pressure back on blues with teams below them getting points too.