Villa 3-1 Hull; Survival

Aston Villa 3-1 Hull All Goals & Highlights 03… by All_Goals

Well, I can’t say it was a classic game, as it was filled with the usual errors and poor passing.
Hull never really looked up for it in the first half, certainly not as much as I thought they would, anyway, but it doesn’t really matter.
At the end of the day we got the all-important 3 points that ensured our survival in the Premier league for another season. Which is about all it will be if things don’t change.
We should make no mistake about this. While Hull were pretty poor, we weren’t much better, especially in the middle of the first half, where we were desperately poor.

Not that it’s a day where I really want to concentrate on the bad side of things.
We also played some decent stuff at times and that coupled with the fact that we had a few chances and actually scored three goals at home, made things really pleasing overall; at least enough to make me think I hadn’t totally wasted my money anyway.

I won’t talk about Hull’s goal, save to say I was absolutely fuming.
But it wasn’t enough to dampen the atmosphere, especially when we got the third, which combined with most other results going our way, meant it was party time.

The devil in me says it would have been a perfect day if you know who had been relegated, but the Brummie/midlander in me says I’m somewhat glad they weren’t.

So we go again next season then.
Hopefully with the club having been cleared out from top to bottom.

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
  1. VillaAwayInDiv3 May 4, 2014 at 4:14 pm . Reply

I see Terry has just “not” given another penalty away against Norwich…on such things a season is defined.

1. OohAhPaulMcGrath May 4, 2014 at 10:25 pm . Reply

Disagree their season like ours is defined on their past 37 matches. One match does not relegate you like one match dosnt make you champions. Like us Norwich are where they are because they’ve been shit all season long.

2. Langfordvilla May 4, 2014 at 5:19 pm . Reply

Oohah…great news coming in from Stamford Bridge……Norwich are winning 17 nil…..surely that will make you smile 😉

1. OohAhPaulMcGrath May 4, 2014 at 10:23 pm . Reply

Ha ha. Now we are 100% safe surely an announcement asap that lamberk is sacked and Lerner is gone no more excuses

3. Bencey83 May 4, 2014 at 6:47 pm . Reply

I agree that Lambert looked to have the manner of a man who knows he’s on his way out the door. A takeover would be really exciting and any kind of change now would be very welcome. The current situation has gone on too long. There will be serious protests next season if the fans think they will have to endure another relegation scrap. Don’t think our hearts can take much more!!!

4. Bencey83 May 4, 2014 at 6:50 pm . Reply

However, if Lambert stays, I do like the sound of the three players that were mentioned recently. Think Chicarito is waster at United. Holtby could give us a little creative spark. And Lescott would give us a bit more solidity. However, still not convinced that Lambert’s training has bought the players forward or that his tactics bring the best out of them.

5. Bencey83 May 4, 2014 at 6:50 pm . Reply

*wasted

6. Jay Dee May 4, 2014 at 7:23 pm . Reply

If Lerner has sold won’t the wage structures change if the buyer is worth more and buys the club outright?

7. Jay Dee May 4, 2014 at 10:02 pm . Reply

I heard Larry Ellison was at Villa Park yesterday net worth 28 billion

1. Jay Dee May 4, 2014 at 10:03 pm . Reply

Sorry 50.2 billion

1. OohAhPaulMcGrath May 5, 2014 at 11:11 am . Reply

Is that all. lol. Trouble is usa owners don’t really get football. Look at the glazers completely clueless. They were just lucky they had a once in a lifetime manager in fergie.

8. Jay Dee May 4, 2014 at 10:16 pm . Reply

Lets all hope for better times ahead at AVFC we have all suffered enough now….UTV

9. Morgan Villa May 4, 2014 at 10:41 pm . Reply

I dont think Ellison is interested in buying us, dare i say logic and gut feeling are telling me he is not interested

1. Jay Dee May 4, 2014 at 10:45 pm . Reply

Probably not pal my minds just a wondering who is the mystery man behind all the talk if there is one

1. Morgan Villa May 4, 2014 at 11:09 pm . Reply

I believe we are up for sale or have been sold who to i dont know

1. Morgan Villa May 5, 2014 at 12:05 am .

I hope he goes he has to he is a part of some very difficult times at Villa. Faulkner and Lerner will hopefully follow

2. OohAhPaulMcGrath May 5, 2014 at 12:48 am .

Hope so the 3 stooges must go

3. Andrew May 5, 2014 at 4:29 am .

Philip Anschutz is a name going around as another possible owner. Worth 10.1 billion USD’s. Co-founded the MLS, and multiple MLS clubs. Sports Business Journal ranked Anschutz in 2006 as the #1 most influential person in soccer in the U.S. I dunno if it’s true, but it’s another rumour going around.

4. OohAhPaulMcGrath May 5, 2014 at 11:17 am .
    2. OohAhPaulMcGrath May 5, 2014 at 11:09 am . Reply

I think he was going to buy the lakers. I don’t really want an American owner tbh they are totally clueless in English football. But looks like that’s what we are getting

1. Morgan Villa May 5, 2014 at 12:11 pm . Reply

The Liverpool guy has done well, struggling to find others. I think anchutz (wrong spelling) would be a good owner because he is already involved in football. We need an owner who is not going interfere too much but also surrounds the club with footballing knowhow.

1. OohAhPaulMcGrath May 5, 2014 at 12:18 pm . Reply

Yes Liverpool owner is ok but I don’t think they will give the money to take them to next level. I know they have £60m but nowhere near enough esp if Suarez goes and utd will be bk next year. Also they are in Europe do need a bigger squad