Villa 2 – 2 QPR; Qpr are an utter disgrace to the game!

To think when I was a kid, I was in awe of Qpr when they had wonderful players like Stanley Bowles and Gerry Francis etc.
They disgusted me today with the way they timewasted, which is bad enough in itself. Was there a single player of theirs who didn’t go down injured?
Couple that with the way they kicked Grealish off the park in the away game and I don’t think I’ve wanted to beat such a dirty, cheating team as much, in a very long time.
To think they are led by an ex England manager too.
There’s being professional and there’s cheating, to mind.
And Qpr under McClaren are a disgrace.

Mind you, we didn’t exactly help ourselves, did we?
While we dominated the first half, it was far too leisurely for my liking.
We looked ponderous and slow.
We didn’t press enough and lacked energy.

It’s not like you can say it was tiredness either, in my opinion, because as soon as we went 2-1 down, we managed to up the tempo and maintain it.

It might seem harsh, but I think we can say “new manager syndrome” and the honeymoon period are over now for Dean Smith.
Yes, it’s been a punishing schedule. But it’s been the same for all of the clubs and we’ve come out of the Christmas run very poorly for a team aiming at promotion.
Even the overly optimistic me now concedes that the top two is beyond us and we have to look at the play-offs.
I’m not at all happy about that.

Yes, perhaps I’m being unfair.
But footy is a results driven game, simple.
And we’re not beating teams we should be.

I know.
Smith needs time to get his own players in. That’s fair enough.
But he needs to push us on now and restore my confidence, as it’s shot. Again.
Maybe after more reflection, I’ll change my mind.

Page 6 of 7 1 4 5 6 7
  1. nath January 5, 2019 at 4:23 pm .

lansbury shoots just wide another half chance

2. nath January 5, 2019 at 4:30 pm .

lansbury did a professional foul and angered the swans. he had to as we were stretched

3. nath January 5, 2019 at 4:32 pm .

davis on for hogan, he needs to show smith whats hes about

4. Bill Pearson January 5, 2019 at 4:33 pm .

Nice move from Taylor, dear o dear Routledge getting upset , all happening now Hogan off Davis on .

5. nath January 5, 2019 at 4:36 pm .

swans will win 3 nil for sure. they just had two free on the left then and the ball didnt reach them. but they will get in again, too good for villa today and too clever. we are all huff and puff not must skill

6. nath January 5, 2019 at 4:37 pm .

and there it is 3 nil and packet of cheese and oinion packet of crisp

1. Hitchens60 January 5, 2019 at 4:42 pm .

I realise that you got the score right Nath, you just wrote it backwards – could happen to anyone!

On a serious note – the amount of goals we are conceding at home is scandalous. Time for some serious questions to be asked of the manager and coaching staff. If this had been Bruce in charge, a whole field of cabbages would have been thrown at him

1. nath January 5, 2019 at 4:46 pm .

3 nil and it should have been much worse. we never had control of this game ever. even in our best spells where swans just having a rest sitting deep and waiting to catch us on the break

7. Bill Pearson January 5, 2019 at 4:39 pm .

3 now, can you see us going up. Nath you got it mate 3 nil.

8. nath January 5, 2019 at 4:39 pm .

welcome to england new villa goalie

9. Bill Pearson January 5, 2019 at 4:40 pm .

Just found out I’m 3 minutes behind on Streams.

10. nath January 5, 2019 at 4:41 pm .

villa played rubbish today and that shit happens. if we continue to play like this no not a chance of reaching playoffs. but we just had a off day and swans were right on the ball from the first whistle

1. Hitchens60 January 5, 2019 at 4:46 pm .

I love your optimism Nath – as I posted earlier, this is not a one off – our performances have been declining for some time. Fact – we haven’t won at home since beating Blues and we’ve been shipping an average of 2+ goals per home match.

No player is bigger than the team but without Grealish, we are just very average. That’s a major worry to add to a poor defence and probably no Abraham. I really can’t see us making the play offs this season.

1. nath January 5, 2019 at 6:52 pm .

grealish plays today we would still lose its not all down to us missing grealish. axel tuazebe is also a massive miss. nobody brings the ball out now hes injured. his calm on the ball sets up attacks and pulls out opposition mids making space for villa midfielders.

we are struggling now for form and its down to smith and his coaches to work out the puzzle. if we can not win without grealish then we are shit. another problem will happen if tammy goes to wolves, because we will miss him too, but clubs have to deal with losing players. that sort of thing happens all the time deal with it.

i think lansbury did ok today and he will be good for the team if he can get some fitness back. Bjarnason also needs to build up his fitness. our midfield needs freshening up.

if you were having a bet on play off or not, you would be crazy to back against villa to not make at least play off. with today defeat obviously some will get suicidal for a hour or two, but when villa get their second wind they will eat up the ppoints and we will make the playoffs with ease.