Villa 1-3 Barnsley; There’s something very wrong at the Villa. Bruce POLL.

Let me get this straight from the off.
I’m utterly disgusted at the result today.
The fact that an ex Walsall player put two goals against us, says it all.

But I firmly believe that sacking Steve Bruce is not the solution to our problems.

I know. That’s going to go totally against the grain.
But there’s something badly wrong. There has to be.

Consider Nigel Spink believes there’s an over-hanging cancer at the club.
And now Tony Morley, after saying at half time that we could easily beat Barnsley, now seems to also accept that there’s something seriously wrong down the Villa.

I respect Morley and believe he can read a game.
I also believe Steve Bruce can read a game and is not a manager who has to rely on other so-called tactitians to tell him what to do.

So why are we starting out with the set-ups that we are and not making the subs when it seems they’re required?
Is Bruce really that poor a manager?

I’m not having that as an excuse, personally and think there’s something we’re not seeing from the outside.

That said, on the face of it, it’s simply appalling.
Morley says he can’t understand why we don’t make the changes when it’s blindingly obvious they’re needed.
I’m the same.
In fact, I wouldn’t be surprised if Bruce wants the sack.
Which if you seriously think about it, is a frightening thought.

Because if someone of Bruce’s experience in handling players can’t cut it, what chance has any younger manager got?

Am I talking rubbish?
Think about it again.
Look at the managers we’ve had. The players we’ve changed. The hierarchy we’ve changed. The coaches etc we’ve changed. And even the owner.

Whatever has been changed, it simply hasn’t worked.

So is changing the manager again going to work?
I’m afraid I just don’t see it.

That said, I know my arguments aren’t going to cut much ice.
Morley said we could beat Barnsley easy, at half time, but basically described us as a load of jellyfish ten minutes after.

The facts are that if we carry this on, we’re going down; no ifs and buts.
And I know it’s what you’re thinking too.

And it’s why I’m reluctantly putting a poll up.

Sad days.

Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
  1. giddyvillan February 15, 2017 at 7:51 pm . Reply

If we won Monday guaranteed some fuckers going to find something negative to say.

2. Bill Pearson February 15, 2017 at 8:03 pm . Reply

No Giddy ,it would be a relieve mate, i get where Landfords coming from but let’s face it, we are going backwards, I’m Villa , I’ll kick any arse for them, but its gone tits up. We need to find out now how to stop this effing slide, falling out won’t help finding why will.

1. nath February 15, 2017 at 8:08 pm . Reply

well said šŸ™‚

nobody knows why,,, but we all want to know.

3. badger123 February 15, 2017 at 8:24 pm . Reply

I find it fascinating.
    Some think it’s a “Spud love in”, while others think we are too negative.
    Just like the Villa, it seems we can’t do right for doing wrong.

Most importantly, it tells me the site is reasonably balanced and probably quite realistic, as is seen in the divide re Bruce and the way things are going.

4. marvin February 15, 2017 at 8:49 pm . Reply

If we continue our current losing streak past 10 games then I think any owner would consider sacking the manager.

Personally, at this stage it doesn’t matter where the manager has been or what he has done at other clubs, it is now about what he has achieved at Aston Villa.

21 matches: 7-5-9, 33% ratio (which for Bruce is pretty much on par with his past clubs)

For me, I don’t see things getting much better. I don’t think we’ll go down, but Bruce is fighting a losing battle. If he hasn’t lost the dressing room it is only a matter of time with the supporters getting upset. For the past two weeks he has been blaming the players for not stepping up, but sooner or later he need to stop taking responsibility for things and just sort his house out. Both Johnstone and Bruce’s poor subs, tactics have cost us more points this season than any other person at the club. Like it or not, he now has a negative dressing room and for the past 2 months he has gone into every half time speech giving the squad a hair drier treatment. It should be no surprise that the players have begun to turn off.

5. Dave67 February 15, 2017 at 9:08 pm . Reply

We are all pissed off at the moment , I am shocked with what is happening at the Villa. Bruce said he can turn this around let’s see if can. Sack him now then who comes in. Villa might shock us again and beat Newcastle .

6. nath February 15, 2017 at 9:57 pm . Reply

we have had too many managers that have lasted under 28 games since sherwood. they all have inputted their philosophies in there short times, its ok saying sack sack sack. all this bad football, mistakes,zero pressing all balls down to lack of stability. so whats the answer sack bruce and hire another guy for 28 games and then he implements his tactics and we sack him.

soon we will win a game in division 1 just like coventry and wolves dropped too. the well run clubs ones that have stability are in the premiership great clubs like burnley bournmouth

7. B6 February 15, 2017 at 10:45 pm . Reply

All this talk about sacking Bruce is farcical. Over the last however many years no manager, with the exception of Paul Lambert, has been given enough time to turn things around and given the restraints that Lambert was put under he done a bloody decent job!

We went through massive massive change during the summer as well as signing 7 new players in January so it’s no real surprise that we ain’t clicked yet.

Yes Bruce is responsible for results but given his record at this level I believe we have the best man to achieve what we all want, a return to The Premier League.

Constantly sacking manager after manager hasn’t and isn’t going to work. If proof is needed look at how many managers we’ve had in the last 3 years and where it’s got us.

New owner who’s put his money where is mouth is. New players who have proved to be successful at this level. A new manager who’s record in this division is 2nd to none and a new board with football people on it. That’s everything that this time last season we were all crying out for. Well now we’ve been given it how about they get given a chance to put this club back where it belongs.

Given that so much has happened in a short space of time and a few predicted (rightly) it was going to get worse before it gets better then why are the same people calling for even more change? This was never going to be a quick fix.

Lerner spent years ruining and bleeding this club dry it’s going to take just as long to get it back to where it was.

We’ve been given everything we asked for last year. Is it not a resonable request to give them a decent amount of time to put it right? Afterall the club weren’t exactly smelling of roses 6 months ago when Xia and his team came in was it?

1. nath February 16, 2017 at 6:08 am . Reply

exactly …… top post B6

just like to add we changed loads in summer also / so we are trying to gel a new squad not easy….also the good dr has invested time and money but changing again as B6 says new manager new ideas will want surely his players / were will this end ?? likely with the good dr saying enough is enough

8. brian bainbridge February 16, 2017 at 12:49 am . Reply

Badger we know you do the site for love and most of us really appreciate it keep up the good work.
    Cheers

9. nath February 16, 2017 at 6:22 am . Reply

i think lang was angry, when we are angry we hit out, we are only human and sad. their are some ppl with agendas, out to just wind others up. just cause certain ppl have their views. doesn’t give you the right to ram them down others throats. we can all have our say. with also allowing others their,even if thats not in agreement with your own. that’s our rights. would also be a boring site with us all agreeing all the time

we are all grateful we have a blog or site (not cpu savy) like this and i am appreciated theirs somewhere i can get shit of my chest, read other views. so the ppl running this blog page, we thank you.