Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
  1. Dave.C December 2, 2015 at 10:23 am .

Change of subject, I hear this morning that a Chinese business consortium have paid £256 million for a 13% share of Man City, 13%!! For that they could’ve bought all of Aston Villa and had £100 million left to spend on players. I’m all but done with Premiership football to be honest, bring on the Championship and at least we can have some fun watching us win a few games. Either that, or I’m going to go back to watching a re- born Hereford United, now Hereford FC, come on you BULLS!

1. saddened December 2, 2015 at 10:45 am .

The investment is in the main Co, which also owns other clubs so not direct investment….. Its more worrying than that, its a way in for them to start conquering a fan base in China….yet another angle where the Villa will be sadly left behind for years to come.

2. BWS December 2, 2015 at 4:50 pm .

Dave C 100% agree with your sentiments regarding Premiership football, totally cheesed off with it, being there simply to make up the numbers does nothing for me.
      As someone wrote in the Guardian “Apart from a top few teams each year, the others are just punchbag sparring partners, doomed to lose except when they play each other – and always on the edge of bankruptcy.”

2. billys boots December 2, 2015 at 1:13 pm .

we have all these players down the villa we think are crap,but they don’t become crap overnight, all through there careers they have been watched and assessed and they come to villa with a revolving door attitude to coaches and management all trying to impose their own brand of football no wonder they end up looking clueless. we may have a training complex like BMH, but without proper coaches it should be a housing estate for all the good its doing.

1. Bill Pearson December 2, 2015 at 7:15 pm .

Billys Boots, I’ve often wondered what type of certification and qualifications the coaching side of Villa Park staff have, looks to me as if its all theary and no actual experience, more often than not managers bring in their own ground staff, when the hammer falls they all move on. I recall our youngsters who have had thier same coaches do far better than a so called manager.it’s like you said a revolving door syndrome.

2. OohAhPaulMcGrath December 3, 2015 at 12:23 am .

Iv heard that even though we have good medical equipment at BMH it’s never used as Doctors they employ are clueless as to how to use them so they stick to what they know. No wonder we have so many injurues

1. BWS December 3, 2015 at 2:53 am .

That good they are able to perform operations, and I’d heard on the grapevine that Randy had had a charisma bypass performed there.

3. pat57 December 2, 2015 at 3:28 pm .

Peter Wythe’s worried about the Villa. Join the club!

4. Adam December 2, 2015 at 11:23 pm .

Southampton have lost 3 on the bounce now…Hmmm who are the one team you want to play against when your on a bad run!!?? That’s right the Villa. I would be putting my mortgage on a 2 or more goal defeat. The signs are all there unfortunately.

5. Benno December 3, 2015 at 4:31 am .

If Liverpool can score 6, then maybe we can get a couple! Guess it just depends how many we concede!

6. pat57 December 3, 2015 at 11:09 am .

Garde news conference –

Richards likely to be out but Gabby’s back in training.

So that’s alright then 🙁

We’ll get stuffed

1. GIDDYVILLAN December 3, 2015 at 11:19 am .

Isn’t okore back yet??shabby might break a leg in the warm up.

7. originallondonlion December 3, 2015 at 8:36 pm .

Richards top of the list? Others bloggers saying “he beats more people through mid-field than anybody”. Maybe he does, but he is playing as a frigging centre-half, and in that position he isn’t good. If he is a Prem player at all it is as a RB. He has scored one off-side goal for all his sachays through midfield and been AWOL while a bucket-full have gone in at the other end. Really I can only pick one player (excluding the injured) and that is Ayew. the rest are relegation fodder based on their displays to date.

8. Hitchens 60 December 3, 2015 at 11:58 pm .

Richards a doubt, Clark suspended. I hear an appeal has gone out from Villa Park for CBs. So failing God coming out if retirement our defence will be Mutton, Lescott, the tea lady and Richardson. I confidently predict 7-0 to Southampton.

Giddy, Bill – back to the rum!

1. GIDDYVILLAN December 4, 2015 at 6:35 am .

Hitch GET IT DOWN YER MATE personally I prefer the dark stuff.FUCK it still goes down the hatch.

2. Bill Pearson December 4, 2015 at 6:54 am .

Just finished a bottle of old traditional Jamaica rum Hitch, did it to feel I’m in Caribbean. Get it down ya.

9. Benno December 4, 2015 at 2:55 am .

Be funny if Okore and Lescott managed to keep a clean sheet!

10. Bill Pearson December 4, 2015 at 9:06 am .

This don’t sound right to me,
    Paul Merson last week offered to have a sit down with Jack Grealish to offer him some advice on getting his career back on track, the meeting never happened.

Merson made the offer after Grealish hit the headlines after a night out following his side’s defeat to Everton.

He has been training with the U21s ever since.

Today, former Villa midfielder Merson said a meeting between the two had been arranged but it fell through at the last-minute.

He stated: “His agent rang me Friday and said Jack would like a chat.

“Then yesterday when I was supposed to meet him it didn’t happen.

“I’m not chasing around now, I said I wanted to talk and that’s it, if he wants to talk he will talk.

“That’s completely up to him, I’m a big fan of his and I would love to help him out.

“I will help Aston Villa in anyway I can, they need it, if I am being honest.

“Jack is not a bad kid, that’s the one thing we have to understand.

“He is just a young lad who needs a bit of advice at the moment.”

1. Hitchens 60 December 4, 2015 at 11:44 am .

Morning Bill. Is that the real Merse actually talking some common sense?

2. BWS December 4, 2015 at 11:44 am .

Paul Merson offering words of wisdom to young Mr Grealish, what were the odds on that?

1. BWS December 4, 2015 at 11:47 am .

And may I add not an offer to be sniffed at.

1. Bill Pearson December 4, 2015 at 12:11 pm .

Hi BWS,Hitch, my claim to fame is that I’ve actually met Paul Merson, in fact put the pic up once as my mojo, he’s a decent guy and I believe he really means it, it’s being said now that Grealish can start training on Monday with the first team, but not down to play this week.

1. BWS December 4, 2015 at 12:33 pm .

Afternoon Bill, was looking at highlights of young Jack and then comparing him to Sir Tom Finney and to me they look very similar (movement, style etc.)
            I know the lads got a long way to go to reach the heights of Sir Tom but wondered if you ever saw him (Tom Finney) play and what’s your thoughts on the comparison?

2. Hitchens 60 December 4, 2015 at 1:32 pm .

‘Morning Bill, BWS (only 9.30am here) – Fair play to Merse – he understands the challenges and how easy it is to get dragged into ‘bad’ company. I hope Grealish takes up his offer.