The Sky sports predictor forecasts 15th; Sigh

Roll on the end of the boring international break.
And now England are going to whore themselves out by playing two countries that haven’t qualified for the World cup.
That’ll be useful then, won’t it?
Money, money, money. I’m bloody sick of it; in the game at least.

Anyway, getting to the point, the Daily Express have pointed out that the Sky sports predictor has us finishing the season in 15th place;

You have to laugh.
Or at least I do, because I have yet to see any Villa fan on any site whatsoever, predict that we’ll finish so low.
I know there might be a few Bruce haters that might think it, but I’m yet to read any comments predicting that.
Mid-table, maybe.
And while I’m not confident in the slightest that we’ll win the league (I predicted border-line play-offs) there’s no chance that this will prove correct and I’d take any reasonable bet on behalf of charity that says it will happen.

The one possibly good point is that the predictor sees Blues coming bottom.
But I don’t see that happening either, as we never get what the majority of us want, do we?

Apparently the predictor is based on an algorithm that is grounded in chess. Enough said, in my opinion.
Because the two games have lots in common, don’t they?

As I suggested, roll on the proper footy.
QPR up next and I think…..

Oops, that’s for another day.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
  1. Andrew November 15, 2017 at 6:29 pm . Reply

I thought I was being negative at top 10… They think we have a better chance at getting relegated than getting a top 2 spot. That and they think Barnsley and Hull will finish above us. While I don’t quite have the same perspective as some of our fans in this squad, as I don’t think it’s as deep as some want to claim it is (just shows with the Terry injury), there isn’t a chance in hell we’ll drop out of a top 10-12 spot nor those 2 teams being ahead of us.

2. Andrew November 15, 2017 at 6:42 pm . Reply

Tired of pundits and journalists being allowed to have baseless opinions, and are now using some algorithm that’s never going to work in football.

3. originallondonlion November 16, 2017 at 12:40 am . Reply

I am not sure what the daftest percentage is in that table, but Cardiff’s 16% chance of relegation would be my choice.

Villa will miss Terry’s leadership, and the length of his absence will kill our play-off hopes IMO. I would rather look at the current table and note the highest position of a team Villa have beaten is 9th. On the basis of that my prediction is we will finish 8th or 9th. The only major chance of a change comes with the transfer window, where not so much anyone coming in to Villa but good players in the teams above us being poached may buy us a rise.

1. Bum Bum November 16, 2017 at 3:17 pm . Reply

Fingers crossed Terry stays in the dressing room keeping the players in check rather than visiting his old mates in Chelski.

4. DSVilla November 16, 2017 at 4:28 pm . Reply

My Chelsea fan mate messaged me a picture (I think from Terry’s Twitter account) of him on his own yesterday in a private jet. No idea where he was headed but probably not London!

1. Andrew November 16, 2017 at 8:07 pm . Reply

He was in Dubai or something and is coming back with his wife.

2. badger123 November 16, 2017 at 8:53 pm . Reply

Probably somewhere sunny and warm.
      In which case, I can’t fault him.

5. DSVilla November 16, 2017 at 4:38 pm . Reply

Think we will finish higher than 15th but will just about make top 10.

6. nath November 16, 2017 at 8:41 pm . Reply

perhaps joining sunderland in a downward spiral, would be a blessing. southampton and wolves were division one clubs. not too far back. it doesn’t matter where experts predict we will finish. i beat kammy on my coupon regular. but predicting where each clubs will finish is hard, especially in championship. before season i expected all the teams to be around where they are except wolves. i expected them to be a good team but inconsistent, i still think they will struggle in the winter.

but looking around the division, apart from wolves, villa are as good as any other team on their day. we have improved this season and that means they are more able to withstand the big fish little pond syndrome.on the other hand wolves no disrespect meant. are small fry. when they go to reading saturday. the reading fans or players are going to be saying this games is our world cup final. that is the difference with us and the rest. more importantly clubs like us and leeds who were quarter finals of champions league not too far back,have struggled to live with this expectation. leeds have struggle season after season except last year where they were really good for most the season. but still ended up messing up their best season in years.

bruce has assembled a squad which has been able to live with this pressure more this season, i expect us to improve as the season progresses. if wolves continue in same vein they will be hard to stop. but we don’t have to, we can claim 2 nd or 6th and go up in playoffs.

great news davis signing extension, oh and final thought. terry has been a big reason for US being better team, playing with the big club little pond syndrome. if we don’t manage to cope without him. that would be a shame. jedi or samba will be picked. but watching england under southgate he had big balls playing a few youngsters in both friendlies. centre back as well, i think bruce needs to be brave, maybe our youngsters can cope and are the better options. both jedi and samba are man mountains, but they aren’t mobile enough. terry is wise enough not to get caught in a foot race with the opposition speedster too often. will samba and jedi be able to do the same. i say stick a kid in watching them in preseason we have a few able to replace terry and do a good job.

1. OohAhPaulMcGrath November 17, 2017 at 12:26 pm . Reply

We have to turn to our youngsters now. O hare def needs to play he should be starting in place on Onomah anyway

1. nath November 17, 2017 at 8:07 pm . Reply

i agree with you. but we also need to protect them. don’t over use them. but they are capable of playing this level. they have more ability than most players in this division. they just need a platform to showcase their skills.