SPECULATION: Jack on his bike and Xia to offer a controlling share in the club?

The official word is that Jack Grealish knows nothing about any move and everything is being left in his advisors’ hands.
But does anyone else think that the above picture, that I think was sent via Jack’s Twitter account, is nothing more than a hint that he knows what’s happening and is indeed on his bike?

I’m still willing to believe he’s staying, but I have to admit, it’s not looking good.

When you add in that the Express are saying that Tony Xia is willing to sell a controlling interest in the club for £40 million, you have to guess that things are looking bleak.
Hmm, I was put onto this by “Hitchens60”, but had already seen the headline myself, early this morning.
It would seem the story has been pulled.
Which is interesting, but makes perfect sense to me.

I was wondering where this story came from, as even though it might well be true, I’m sure that this wasn’t intended to get out.
If indeed Xia sells a majority share, it’s an admission of total defeat and I don’t believe that’s the Chinese or indeed Xia’s game at all.

But if it does actually happen, we are indeed in major trouble.
I don’t see for one minute how Xia would be able to work with someone else calling the shots.

But I also don’t see anyone coming in with a decent enough offer to take total control of the club either.

What would be an acceptable offer?
Didn’t Xia pay around £80 million for the club?
Then add in maybe £50-60 million of his own money? (total guess, off the top of my head).

A £40 mill controlling stake would suggest Xia values the club at around £75-80 mill, which seems decidely rich if I’m honest, considering we’re about to start our third season in the Championship and don’t have a pot to do the proverbial in.

There’s no chance anyone will see that valuation as realistic and unless he comes up with some serious money quick, I’m wondering where the club has left to go?

As I type this, I have to confess that I’m pretty despondent.
I’ve always tried to think that it can’t possibly be true: that no way would anyone want to risk the future of the club on a 50/50 gamble that we get promoted.

But the Chinese are renowned for their love of gambling aren’t they?

Prove my suspicions wrong Dr Xia and get us out of this mess, which is frankly of your making.

Page 1 of 2 1 2
  1. nath June 23, 2018 at 9:06 pm .

well jack won’t get far on that bike.

omg Germany were lucky then.

on villa its crazy situation. we are in limbo, nobody knows jack shit. experts are guessing, manager doesn’t sound like he knows whether hes staying or what his playing budget will be. which players he has available to him. other clubs are all planning ahead, at this rate we av conceded the promotion and fighting for our lives at the normal end for us of late, back to the bottom

2. Hitchens60 June 23, 2018 at 10:53 pm .

We’re doomed I tell you doomed (in a Scottish accent for those that love Dad’s Army)

3. Holte66 June 24, 2018 at 8:33 am .

The silence surrounding Bruce is a big worry. Xia is still the owner so should have made a decision by now, and should let fans particularly the 20,000 season ticket holders what the hell is going on. Regarding comments on playing our youth, I think it is time for some of them to get game time next season. Problem is offloading players on high wages to create chances of youngsters being picked. For Doyle-Hayes and O’Hare we need to offload Whelan and Lansbury at least. For Davis and Hepburn Murphy we need to offload McCormack and Hogan. Defensively we already are lacking in experienced players and I wouldn’t be surprised if Elphick plays a part next season, especially if Chester goes. I think Green will be playing from the start now Snodgrass has gone. We need to maybe bring in a goalkeeper and another centre back probably on loans to get us through next season. And as for Grealish I think he will be gone, and along with it our hopes of promotion. So if we get £25m for him, is that better value than getting promoted? We should be busting a gut to get rid of high wage earners first, even Kodja if needs be. So to summarise I’m totally pissed off with silence from Xia. It’s like having Lerner back again.

4. nath June 24, 2018 at 9:01 am .

to add to holte66 wage bill reduction

if we don’t reduce the wages, money received for selling grealish will all be wasted on paying the wages and not replacing him. same goes for chester.

we have to use all the squad if we cant sell them. for example mccormack can play the grealish role. we are paying him so play him and kiss his arse. same with richards and elphick no point getting another oldie and adding to the high wages. use these two. along with the utd loanee and our youth defenders

i think fans are being told nothing so not to hamper the tickets sales. which is scandalous. if they were told we are in the shit. they would have still bought their tickets. but it would be nice to know the club is sinking fast without lifeboats.

5. badger123 June 24, 2018 at 2:04 pm .

Holte, your comment immediately made me think “where’s the ST money gone?”
    But then I did the sums and 20000 STs at say, £400 average only equates to £8 million.
    Which is peanuts in the scheme of things and just goes to show how much less important the crowd size is these days.

While I agree that getting rid of the highest paid players would be ideal, we also need to consider that we will actually need to retain some experience if we’re actually going to survive in the Championship.

Nath, no way should we play McCormack, imo.
    Bruce doesn’t strike me as the sort of bloke who wants a player out on a whim and I’m trusting that he thinks McCormack is ruinous to the squad.
    Hence I don’t think he will get a look in under Bruce and rightly so.

1. Bill Pearson June 24, 2018 at 3:02 pm .

Badger, you obviously didn’t pick up on my point, I mentioned the 20 thousand tickets that had been sold and that alone made me wonder, I honestly think they have bad accounting in the club and will make a statement I’ve seen it in the past on gates received. Villa are not on top of the inside accounting .

1. badger123 June 24, 2018 at 3:10 pm .

Bill, my point is yes, we have large attendances.
        But it’s nothing in the scheme of things.
        It’s much more about the TV rights these days.

1. Bill Pearson June 24, 2018 at 5:05 pm .

Badger, ? You only get the best if your good enough, Villa showed willing up to a point, Sky popped in with 3 or 4 extra TV appearances towards the end of the season. Where is that money?

1. badger123 June 24, 2018 at 5:53 pm .

No, Bill, we get good crowds because we’re the Villa and the other local clubs are just pretenders to the throne of “Biggest club in the Midlands” regardless of what league we’re in.

Haven’t you noticed that most of our televised games are when we play away?
            That’s where the TV money is.
            Piss poor attendances at home for most clubs, compared to us, but we pay to watch 😉

No matter.
            It seems to me Xia gambled every penny we might have coming in.
            And lost.

2. Bill Pearson June 24, 2018 at 5:59 pm .

Ok, are you saying we don’t share tv rights ? I would think that’s an agreement between the club’s, have to admit I’m not sure on that.

6. badger123 June 24, 2018 at 2:05 pm .

Oh, England 5 up at HT.
    Who’d have thought it?

1. CAvillan June 24, 2018 at 2:36 pm .

Who’d have thought Ashley Young would be a key player for England, at left wing back? or right wing back now? Southgate has Englamd playing some good controlled football, with young players coming through. Sterling has been pants again though, Rashord should be starting imo…

1. badger123 June 24, 2018 at 3:07 pm .

Agreed CA.

Mind you, I thought Lingard was pants last game and I might have dropped him, but he was great today.
        Funny old game etc

Great game today and I’m glad Panama got the goal, especially with it being the goalscorer’s last game.
        It’s nice to see that scoring against England is still a big achievement in some places.
        And the smile on their manager’s face as he shook Southgate’s hand was absolute class.
        Exactly what the game should be about, imo.

On a different note, I’m off to Lanzarote on Thursday and have only just realised I’ll be in the air while we play Belgium.
        Gutted 🙁

7. Hitchens 60 June 24, 2018 at 3:09 pm .

Just been looking at Villa’s retained player list – i.e. players still under contract. The old faithful are still there McCormack and Richards both bleeding the club dry!

Interesting though that Amavi, Gollini and Gil on the list although the list was published before Gollini completed his move to Atlanta. It was reported that Amavi’ s transfer had been agreed (£7m?) but apparently it doesn’t take effect until July so I assume we will be receiving funds for that next month which is helpful. We should also be able to secure some funds for Gil.

So maybe not all bad news

8. nath June 24, 2018 at 4:07 pm .

season tickets sales and merchandise are important more now than ever. yes its less important if you are collecting 150 million, but we aren’t swimming in funds now. so cutting your clothes is important. like also using mccormack and richards two players collecting about 80k p/w between them, if bruce can’t use them he should walk away. you can’t always have your cake and eat it

richards was a decent player, if he has got over the injuries, then there is no reason, nott to play him whilst you introduce youngsters, that might not quite be ready. or you could sign another fossil and you pay two wages you cant afford.

would be foolish not to involve them or anybody. one more reason is richards is entering his final year, so has to perform to try get another contract elsewhere, mccormack plays well and he might get a move away. another reason is beggars cant be choosers,clean slates and good will to all mankind and all that b/s

9. badger123 June 24, 2018 at 4:38 pm .

Nath, that £8 mill has already been spent.
    Agreed about merchandising, but it’s still pennies

I’d have no problem with Richards playing.
    By all accounts, he’s a team player and gets on well with the squad, keeping spirits up.
    He still trains with the first team, which backs up what I’m saying, in that Bruce will retain a player if he has at least some use.

As I said, if Bruce has bombed McCormack out, I suspect there’s a very good reason and “Gategate” is only a small part of it.
    If you remember, he refused to apologise about his behaviour, albeit he might have had good reason for being an idiot at the time.

For me, the only way he gets a look in is if he basically gets on his knees and sucks Bruce’s proverbial.
    And i don’t see that happening.