So we’re down, but Villa – Palace anyway.

I’m despondent, to be honest.

I’ve done my best to stay positive and hopeful, but having seen today’s results, we’re now seven points behind our nearest competititors.
With four games left, there’s no way I can see us catching them.
While my heart tells me we’re capable of getting points against Palace, Everton and West Ham, the reality and my head tells me we’re utter rubbish and just don’t look like scoring.

But then, as much as I’m upset, so I also find myself not too bothered about being relegated.
It’s a contradiction in terms, I know, but the Man U game has just capped it off for me.
I can live with a poor refereeing decision.
But when you have some mug watching the slo-mo’s repeatedly and still coming up with the 100% wrong decision, well frankly, I’ve just about had enough of the Prem for one season.

The trouble is, as much as the Championship is by far the better league, the Premier league is the only place to be. There’s simply no glory to be had in the Championship, even if you win it, promotion aside, which as we’ve seen is usually short-lived.

So onto the game then and as I said, I think we can get something here even though Palace are a better side.
I think we have some decent players. Not many, but some, who will go on to be better, whether at the Villa or not.
But we have some total rubbish too; too many lightweights who can’t handle the Prem and certainly won’t handle the rigours of the Championship either.
But that’s for later.

I’m going for a 1-0.
More in hope than anything, but it really doesn’t matter either way, does it?

“Nath” seems to be saying that we need a poll.
I’m not exactly sure what for, but believe it’s about who should be sacked.
I’m happy to roll with that and I’ve added one below.

Bill Pearson.. July 12, 2020 at 8:40 pm .

Leicester are playing to lose this game , it stick out a mile.

Bum Bum July 12, 2020 at 8:42 pm .

My God. Even Bournemouth won today!!!

Bill Pearson.. July 12, 2020 at 8:52 pm .

4 1 Bournemouth, what did I say, its a stitch up , Leicester knows and did this on knowing it would put us down.

beamo July 12, 2020 at 9:19 pm .

Our results against the top sides will finish us off – every single other team down there has managed results against the traditional top 6 and Leicester except for us. And its not like we haven’t had the opportunities – we’ve led in both games v Tottenham, lead v Chelsea, lead v Liverpool, lead v Arsenal and picked up nothing. One or two results there and we’d be almost over the finishing line.

Benno July 12, 2020 at 11:01 pm .

If we beat Everton, I think we will stay up. That is a big ‘IF’, but if we put in a performance like today, we have a chance of coming away with 3 points.

Bum Bum July 13, 2020 at 7:17 am .

We can only dream Benno!!!!

Third Generation Villian July 13, 2020 at 1:40 pm .

If Man City can get away with breaching the FFP

rules and just get a £10 m $Euro fine

Does anyone think we would get away with it next season?

My thinking is no

as its one rule for the top 6 and one for the rest of football, just in case someone gatecrashes there club.

Hitchens60 July 13, 2020 at 3:38 pm .

Totally agree but in reality it’s even worse with the less well off clubs leaned on heavily (In relative terms) over FFP because they can’t fight back.

Football stinks!