Should We Boycott Villa?

As most of you know AVFC have basically tried to enforce a gagging order on the Lions clubs. They wish them to sign a contract that effectively stops them criticising personnal at Villa…and what is worse this extends to their own personnal blogs http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/midlands-news/aston-villa-fans-backlash-over-7552040? . This is North Korean type censorship IMO and any little goodwill from the fans Lerner and co had must surely be diminishing by the great supporters of this club.

We are paying customers not employees of Aston Villa if we want to criticise the club it is our right to do so. This is not a totalitarian democracy.

After yesterday’s humiliating friendly defeat and another season of dross just around the corner this is about as bad a PR exercise Villa could make.
Obviously negative comments in social blogs must be having an effect on season ticket sales but it is up to the club to make the fans want to come.

As far as I’m concerned the club has become a parody of itself and they have gone too far this time.
Serious action needs to be taken against this regime and the only way is to hit them where it hurts…in the pocket.

The time has come to boycott the home games, as well as merchandise. I know the argument will be we need to get behind the players but what have the players honestly done for us to get behind them?

So what are your thoughts boycott or don’t boycott?

Page 9 of 10 1 7 8 9 10
  1. Bird August 9, 2014 at 6:28 pm .

Doesn’t matter what team we put out we’ll lose anyway. pointless even competing this season. #Shit

2. badger123 August 9, 2014 at 7:07 pm .

Not sure I see Senderos starting, myself. I suspect he’s backup, but haven’t had chance to see how Lambert has played him in the friendlies, so could be wrong.
    LB and RB are correct, I’d say.
    I’d put Okore straight in, but suspect he might be eased in.

The mid sounds about right, but Gabby will definitely start (although I think he needs dropping) and probably Weimann too.
    Bent won’t start, imo.

Formation?
    God knows. It’s all too fluid these days and probably beyond a fair few of the players, as well as me.

It’s interesting, because we do seem to have some competition for places.
    It’s just a shame the overall standard is just so poor.

1. Jay Dee August 9, 2014 at 7:11 pm .

Ki & Sanchez to come UTV brother

1. badger123 August 9, 2014 at 7:28 pm .

That would be good JD.

1. Jay Dee August 9, 2014 at 7:44 pm .

I’m hoping mate can’t say for sure but think we’ve tabled another bid for Ki and Keane has influenced the deal.Sanchez rumour been around couple of days now keeps popping up lets hope eh two reasonable midfielders

2. Jay Dee August 9, 2014 at 8:01 pm .

Done by Tuesday apparently Sanchez

3. KentNielsen77 August 9, 2014 at 7:12 pm .

Langford

That side looks decent. I don’t think Okore will walk straight in after his injury. I’d love Gabby to be left out, he’s like a speedboat without a driver.

It’s the best we’ve got, and I don’t think it will be too bad at all. Physical prescience and quite a bit of creativity – give Bent a chance and we know what he is capable of.

We are not going down this season and may well surprise a few people.

4. LANGFORDLIONSCLUBCHAIRMAN August 9, 2014 at 7:28 pm .

Your probably right about Okore. Gabby really needs to up his game as I dont think he will get a sniff when Kozak and Tekkers are fit. We do seem to have decent competition all over the park now. I didnt even have Gardner, KEA, Robinson, Bennett, Westwood, Lowton, Clark, Baker or Stevens in my 18.
    Does anyone else think that Okore could do a DM job or should he be at the back in place of Senderos?

1. KentNielsen77 August 9, 2014 at 7:41 pm .

If Okore plays there and has a mare we’ll be on his and Lambert’s back immediately. I think we need to sign a proper DM and get them in to the team ASAP. I’m tired of Villa playing people in their non specialist positions.

Get that position sorted and I think we’re set.

5. LANGFORDLIONSCLUBCHAIRMAN August 9, 2014 at 7:45 pm .

Fair point…..I only suggested Okore on a temporary basis. Hopefully, someone will see the blatantly obvious need for an accomplished DM. If we sort that out then I really dont think we will be anywhere near the ‘R’ zone this season.

6. Jay Dee August 9, 2014 at 7:47 pm .

My best 11 ATM Guzan,Hutton(purely on current form),Vlaar,Senderos,Cissokho,Delph,Gardner,Nzogbia,Cole,Grealish,Bent….4-2-3-1

1. LANGFORDLIONSCLUBCHAIRMAN August 9, 2014 at 8:13 pm .

JD…Cole (on current form).. What current form mate? He has been injured for most of the pre season games!

1. Jay Dee August 9, 2014 at 9:05 pm .

If you look it says in brackets after Hutton current form Huttons current form CAPICHE

7. kerryvillan August 9, 2014 at 7:55 pm .

My team would be

Guzan
    Hutton, vlar, okore, cissoko
    Clark/new DM, Delph
    Bacuna, nzogbia, grealish
    Benteke

When all are fit of coarse.

8. LANGFORDLIONSCLUBCHAIRMAN August 9, 2014 at 9:17 pm .

Soz..yes, misread it 🙂

1. Jay Dee August 9, 2014 at 9:28 pm .

Cole was just in if he’s fit hoping hoping Sanchez deal app done for Tuesday also new Ki bid of 6.5 mill utv

9. Benno August 9, 2014 at 9:22 pm .

I think we should go with a 4-5-1 formation, with Nzogbia and Grealish out wide (or maybe Nzogbia as a number.10 and Richardson out wide). I would play Bent or Weimann up top as i dont think Gabby has played well enough preseason. The back 4 will be Hutton (who would have thought that!) Vlaar, Okore/Sendeross and Cissokho.

We still desperately need a quality central mid though.

10. LANGFORDLIONSCLUBCHAIRMAN August 9, 2014 at 9:36 pm .

Benno…agreed mate. Desperate for a DM…..got a feeling that there could well be one on the way. Whatever, we are far better prepared than this time last year IMO.

1. Jay Dee August 9, 2014 at 9:47 pm .

A lot of talk about one in on Tuesday mate Sanchez or Ki maybe or both would be nice utv