Should We Boycott Villa?

As most of you know AVFC have basically tried to enforce a gagging order on the Lions clubs. They wish them to sign a contract that effectively stops them criticising personnal at Villa…and what is worse this extends to their own personnal blogs http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/midlands-news/aston-villa-fans-backlash-over-7552040? . This is North Korean type censorship IMO and any little goodwill from the fans Lerner and co had must surely be diminishing by the great supporters of this club.

We are paying customers not employees of Aston Villa if we want to criticise the club it is our right to do so. This is not a totalitarian democracy.

After yesterday’s humiliating friendly defeat and another season of dross just around the corner this is about as bad a PR exercise Villa could make.
Obviously negative comments in social blogs must be having an effect on season ticket sales but it is up to the club to make the fans want to come.

As far as I’m concerned the club has become a parody of itself and they have gone too far this time.
Serious action needs to be taken against this regime and the only way is to hit them where it hurts…in the pocket.

The time has come to boycott the home games, as well as merchandise. I know the argument will be we need to get behind the players but what have the players honestly done for us to get behind them?

So what are your thoughts boycott or don’t boycott?

Bird August 9, 2014 at 10:03 pm .

I’m hearing Sanchez will be signing by Tuesday. Weather permitting.

Jay Dee August 9, 2014 at 10:27 pm .

Average player good hard tackler bit of a general apparently just what we need a banger

badger123 August 9, 2014 at 11:35 pm .

JD, you should write articles on any early links you see mate, even if they’re only very short.
    I prefer to see statements saying they’re done deals myself, but some people love the transfer window gossip.

Or, let me guess, you’ve lost your log-in details again 🙂

KentNielsen77 August 10, 2014 at 6:52 am .

I’m sure I’ve read it earlier in the comments but which Sanchez are you talking about? I’ve ruled out Laurie Sanchez, Hugo Sanchez and Dirty Sanchez.

Darren August 10, 2014 at 7:44 am .

Carlos Sanchez the Colombian DM. He currently plays for Elche in spain who just got relegated.

Hitchens 60 August 10, 2014 at 8:03 am .

It’s very hard to call the EPL below the top 5 or 6 teams; don’t think anyone would have put money on Fulham being relegated before the start of last season. So agree the first 6 games will be key for us. Whatever the views are on the signings PL has made with N’Zog, Hutton and Bent back in the squad it looks a lot stronger than last season. Tekkers and Kojac coming back in further strengthens and if we can sign a good DM and keep Vlaar (which is key for me) then it should be strong enough to hold a mid table position but……….

KentNielsen77 August 10, 2014 at 9:26 am .

Any news on Delph getting a new deal? Sign him and Vlaar up, and don’t bother with Gabby.

Lamberk August 10, 2014 at 10:19 am .

I wouldn’t bother with Delph or Agbonla-whore as they are both useless.
      As for Vlaar, he is holding all the aces, 1 year left on his contract, diesn’t ha e to sign and probably won’t.

Bill Pearson August 10, 2014 at 9:48 am .

Kentnielsen77 now that’s is what we need, its been missing for years to have a player getting stuck in. I’ve always said if a team see a person with grit it makes others try harder. I say a must and fingers crossed we get him.

Bill Pearson August 10, 2014 at 10:44 am .

JD your post is not going through, good post as well.

GIDDYVILLAN August 10, 2014 at 10:48 am .

Just had a new post alert where is it??????

Bill Pearson August 10, 2014 at 10:56 am .

Its on now giddy.

GIDDYVILLAN August 10, 2014 at 10:59 am .

Cheers mate