Should We Boycott Villa?

As most of you know AVFC have basically tried to enforce a gagging order on the Lions clubs. They wish them to sign a contract that effectively stops them criticising personnal at Villa…and what is worse this extends to their own personnal blogs http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/midlands-news/aston-villa-fans-backlash-over-7552040? . This is North Korean type censorship IMO and any little goodwill from the fans Lerner and co had must surely be diminishing by the great supporters of this club.

We are paying customers not employees of Aston Villa if we want to criticise the club it is our right to do so. This is not a totalitarian democracy.

After yesterday’s humiliating friendly defeat and another season of dross just around the corner this is about as bad a PR exercise Villa could make.
Obviously negative comments in social blogs must be having an effect on season ticket sales but it is up to the club to make the fans want to come.

As far as I’m concerned the club has become a parody of itself and they have gone too far this time.
Serious action needs to be taken against this regime and the only way is to hit them where it hurts…in the pocket.

The time has come to boycott the home games, as well as merchandise. I know the argument will be we need to get behind the players but what have the players honestly done for us to get behind them?

So what are your thoughts boycott or don’t boycott?

1. turv32 August 3, 2014 at 2:55 pm .

I’m not spending another penny of my hard earned, until I see something positive come out of the club!!! end off

2. GIDDYVILLAN August 3, 2014 at 3:05 pm .

Can’t see a boycott happening there’s too many ardent fans out there through thick & thin & so on.I think it’s disgusting to be asked to lie through our teeth regarding the club,yet again they’ve done themselves no favours by coming out & saying you’ve got to watch your p’s & q’s fucking cheek.I look at it like this I’m a fan of the club not Lerner & co.If anyone should be boycotted its the likes of sky & BT sports etc don’t subscribe to them their ruining the fucking game.

3. LANGFORDVILLA August 3, 2014 at 3:09 pm .

I am boycoting everything Villa related until these rules and regs afflicted on our great supporters are lifted. I think its disgraceful. Who sanctioned it?….they should be hung drawn and quartered!
    Is this the work of Randy? Does he know about it, if so, does he care about the dross we have had to endure in recent years whilst he remains virtually silent and refuses to open his wallet.
    This is fucking disgraceful, the final straw for me.
    Fuck off Lerner, the Villa is OURS and we will NOT be silenced. We have a right to express our views and opinions. This is OUR club and we will be here long after you have gone. Fuck off Now!

4. DSVilla August 3, 2014 at 3:22 pm .

TBH I don’t see anything too wrong in the club’s requirements for supporters groups. i can’t see that they are demanding there be no criticism, what it says is “abuse”. i think that is fair enough. Taken alone it’s not a big deal. The problem is that it is just another example of a club that is incapable of moving forwards and sorting out the real issues facing it. “Fiddling while Rome burns” springs to mind.
    I haven’t been to VP for two seasons now, and I will not be going this season either. I prefer to spend match days doing something positive. I still keep an eye on the game, and even watch most TV matches but I do not want to ruin my life in the bottomless pit of negativity that surrounds the club.
    Sometimes in life you get surprised. That’s why I cling to hope that somehow this season turns out different to the last few. Deep down though I realise that if there is any difference it will be that this time there aren’t three worse clubs than Villa, and that we are in for the drop. It seems crazy that Lerner should take this risk to his “investment”. It is this that gives me hope that perhaps a new owner may be along early enough to rescue us. Given Randy’s track record of appointments though it is just as likely to leave us even worse off.

5. nath August 3, 2014 at 3:32 pm .

i can’t see how you can convince die hard villains to boycott games and withdraw their support for the team. supporting ur team is our lives. this is wot lerners is betting on as well.its catch 22 we support the team and we stay up and lerner will stay for another year and tax us another seasons tv money. we boycott and the team plays in a half empty stadium and the teams relegated, with all this assist stripping are squad wouldn’t could with the rough and tumble of the championship and down we go another leeds or wolves

this is depressing ……i aven’t ever felt this bad, before a season started ever

6. LANGFORDVILLA August 3, 2014 at 3:42 pm .

Nath.. I count myself as a ‘die hard fan’ and I WILL be boycotting. I really hope Randy goes bust.
    Fuck off Lerner, the Villa is OURS….WAS……IS……AND ALWAYS WILL BE!

1. GIDDYVILLAN August 3, 2014 at 3:44 pm .

Mate he’ll still get his grubby hands on the tv money.

2. nath August 3, 2014 at 4:49 pm .

i understand ur langford but i mean there are around 20k maybe higher that won’t av the same points of view. sumat has to change because its hells being a villa supporter

1. LANGFORDVILLA August 3, 2014 at 4:52 pm .

Ok…lets pack VP and have 5 mins silence as a protest!

1. nath August 3, 2014 at 5:00 pm .

i would say thats the best idea i av heard 🙂 . then we at least our protest is directed at the right ppl or person (lerner)

1. nath August 3, 2014 at 5:01 pm .

aim our protests that was meant 2 read

7. LANGFORDVILLA August 3, 2014 at 3:49 pm .

I really hope the natioal press give this story some airtime.
    Does Randy really think he can bully fans into being silent and still expect them to turn out in their thousands to watch shit football?
    I would love to see Randy go bust. He’s been taking the piss for too long!

8. GIDDYVILLAN August 3, 2014 at 3:54 pm .

All I can say is thank FUCK we’ve got a site like this & long may it remain.

9. jvillan August 3, 2014 at 3:56 pm .

is there nothing in p league rule book about unfit owners because what has lerner done is unreal since mon lerner has only spent about 20 million 5 summers windows

10. Pat C August 3, 2014 at 4:39 pm .

Oh well think of all those local derbies season after next Blues, Wolves, Derby….
    almost wish we could fast forward this season as I fear it’s going to be painful