Roll on the football season!

Apologies.
I didn’t realise that comments had closed on the previous article. The site does that because old posts attract lots of spam and it’s just more work for me having to get rid of it.

The truth is I don’t really have much to say, but thought some of you might like somewhere you can continue to comment to each other, if you haven’t forgotten about the site that is.

You all know that I’m not in the slightest bit interested in speculation about who we might sign and it’s a view backed up by Smith-Rowe having signed a new contract with Arsenal after our signing him was in the bag.
Likewise, Grealish was a cert to move to Citeh and while I guess he still might, my opinion says it’s looking less likely. That’s after even I fell into the trap of posting that it was a done deal.

What is factual is that we beat Walsall last night either 4-0 or 4-1. I genuinely don’t know because I couldn’t even be bothered to read about it. Friendly results mean nothing to me after Villa players looking poor in pre-season, the year we won the league!
Am I just a tight git, or am I correct in saying watching the game on VillaTV for a fiver is bloody expensive?
I can understand a fiver if you’re going to watch at the ground, but…
Anyway, I actually found a site that was streaming it and started to watch it. Until every time I went fullscreen I was bombarded with adverts. I turned it off after a few minutes.

Buendia seems a great signing. I wasn’t at all convinced about us signing Ashley Young, but my son-in-law(ish) has convinced me that his versatilty will prove to be a big plus. It’s a very good point and apparently he looked the part last night. From the little I’ve read about his signing, he jumped at the chance to come back to Villa and didn’t want to go anywhere else. We also apparently aren’t paying him a massive wage.
The cynic in me wonders if he still owns a house around here, meaning the move doesn’t disturb much for him.
I think a big part of me was annoyed that he left us, but along with Barry, Delph and others, I don’t suppose you can’t blame him.
I’ll wish him luck. He does now play for us again, after all.

Elsewhere, we’re going to sign the world, as per usual.

August the 14th can’t come quick enough.

Page 7 of 8 1 5 6 7 8
  1. Hitchens60
    Hitchens60 August 3, 2021 at 2:36 pm .

Quick update on transfer possibilities.

It’s now being reported that United might be prepared to let Tuanzebe go on a permanent transfer rather than a loan. Villa need a fourth CB with Engels departure and a move for Tuanzebe (23) would not be a bad idea. He only has one year left on his United contract so can’t see a big fee being needed.

He showed a lot of promise in his second loan spell and fits Villa’s strategy of buying young, promising players with potential and an upwardly mobile value.

Would Tuanzebe come though without promise of more playing time than he’s currently getting?

1. Hitchens60
      Hitchens60 August 3, 2021 at 3:59 pm .

And, it’s being reported, a loan move for Abraham.

Idle chatter, I know, but I’m bored 🙂

1. Bill Pearson
        Bill Pearson August 4, 2021 at 4:26 pm .

He’s spoiled my holiday by going that’s for sure.reports are thick and thin as papers aying he’s at city ground someone seen him a bodymore Heath today training. I feel sorry for all who bought shirts with name on it’s a sad day for Villa fans.I wonder what his grandfather would have said as he told him to never leave Villa. I’m the same mind as Hitch I cannot wish him well.

1. WARRIOR
          WARRIOR August 4, 2021 at 4:55 pm .

Warrior here imagine if he failed his medical because of his dodgy shins haha shame on him VTID UTV.

2. Hitchens60
    Hitchens60 August 3, 2021 at 5:28 pm .

Abraham on loan with an option to buy would, I think be a good move for us. With all the uncertainty around Wesley and Davis not looking likely to step up to the plate we need a proved number 9. Also Watkins could play with Abraham as two up top.

Although Chelsea would prefer to sell him they might extend his contract for a year and send him out on loan thus keeping his value – and if he plays regularly and scores goals in the Prem maybe even increasing it. They’ve gone down that route before.

Could be an interesting couple of weeks.

3. Big Fat Ron
    Big Fat Ron August 3, 2021 at 7:47 pm .

I think the club should avoid loans for Axel and Tammy. All it does is help their parent clubs demand a higher price when they finally do sell. Surely there’s a deal to be done for Axel with only a year on his contract? Get it done. And slap 28 large down for Tammy – give them something to think about!

A thought: if Jack Grealish and all involved with AVFC decide that they want a league title with Aston Villa within the next 3 seasons, I have no doubt that it can be achieved. But the target must be set. If and when it is set, all that’s left to do is work towards making it happen. It’s not as difficult as one might think. It involves accumulating more points than 19 other teams over a period of 9 months and 38 football matches. With our goalkeeper, defence, and forward line, I don’t think that is impossible. Aim high and you’ll hit high. Aim low and you’ll hit even lower. The squad is still evolving and improving and young players will be reaching their peak in that period. Set the target!

4. Big Fat Ron
    Big Fat Ron August 3, 2021 at 7:51 pm .

*I meant 38 large for Tammy. That’s inflation for you! :/

1. steve
      steve August 3, 2021 at 10:11 pm .

I’ve just seen that craig butler who is leon baileys adopted father is doing a leon bailey press conference / announcement at 10.30 on youtube if anyones interested.

1. steve
        steve August 3, 2021 at 10:13 pm .

Tonight

5. steve
    steve August 3, 2021 at 10:34 pm .

Delayed but leon bailey will be talking as well

6. steve
    steve August 3, 2021 at 10:45 pm .

To get to the top the bench needs to be as good as the first 11.
    I think our owners are really going for it.
    Can’t see abraham nor jwp coming if grealish is going. He has to stay.

7. Hitchens60
    Hitchens60 August 4, 2021 at 10:30 am .

A lot of sources all running with Grealish to complete move to ManC today.

If he does go not sure how I’m going to react.

1. Big Fat Ron
      Big Fat Ron August 4, 2021 at 10:47 am .

Personally, I will be gutted to see Jack sign for another PL club. Dodgy shins or not, if he’s worth 100 million to them, then he’s worth keeping.

8. steve
    steve August 4, 2021 at 10:58 am .

Gutted if true – which looks likely.
    We finally have owners who want to compete at the top and back it up with spending big and Jack jumps ship at totally the wrong time for Vlla.
    Great message sent to Olly Watkins and Martinez who will now probably follow – this could set us back big time.
    I guess he didn’t love the villa and the project as much as he made out.
    I also believe if Manure had put an offer in last year he would have gone then.
    I honestly thought he was the one to get us up there but he is the same as the rest – jump for money and ego.

1. Hitchens60
      Hitchens60 August 4, 2021 at 11:22 am .

Yep – have to agree Steve. I think my overriding feeling is one of betrayal. Just when we are in a position to put Villa back where they belong in Europe he jumps ship for a bag of shiny trinkets.

So be it, when he’s retired then he can sit and look at his trophy cabinet rather than gaining immortality by leading Villa back to the top of football. I hope it makes him happy – perhaps it will.