Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
    MarkDraperNumber8 July 26, 2013 at 9:57 pm .

I think we can safely say that Sylla Delph and Westy are safe, they’re looking superb in the middle. KEA is a puzzle, I think with a little more freedom to play, maybe even in the hole behind the strikers we could see some good things from him. He’s too lightweight to play the same position as he did at Feyenoord in the PL, it’s too physical. Just a thought.

Mcgrath Is King July 26, 2013 at 10:13 pm .

no nocleansheetagain then

Lionheart July 27, 2013 at 11:00 am .

🙂

Badger123 July 27, 2013 at 11:11 am .

Correct, McGrath.

Apologies for that, chaps.

MarkDraperNumber8 July 26, 2013 at 10:27 pm .

mate, what are you on about, did you really dislike Mark Draper or something, he was alright for a while.

Badger123 July 26, 2013 at 10:06 pm .

Nocleansheetagain,

“You don’t come across as the brightest light in the dark”
    is not acceptable and is a plain insult.

We’re all on the same side after all.

Debate, but word things better please.

Nocleansheetagain July 26, 2013 at 10:09 pm .

He doesn’t come across as the brightest though he comes across like a right thick (edit) come on mate I can’t allow that word Oohaghpaulmcgrath

Nocleansheetagain July 26, 2013 at 10:10 pm .

So you don’t agree that he comes across as retarded?

Foxy July 26, 2013 at 10:26 pm .

Grow up NOCLEANSHEETAGAIN

Nocleansheetagain July 26, 2013 at 10:30 pm .

Gizz a kiss Foxy

Mcgrath Is King July 26, 2013 at 10:35 pm .

“you don’t come across as the brightest light in the dark”??

Now call me old fashioned but isn’t dark defined as somewhere lacking in or having very little light??? Are you therefore implying that MD8 is in fact highly intelligent? Or is this what the kids are saying these days? you know, like when something great is “sick”!!

Surely you would have been better served saying that he isn’t the darkest, dark in the dark to get your point across? I suppose that would be a little silly……but then you did insult him with 3 words which imply, in the context used, the same thing! Which was stupid, stupid, stupid!!

Genius

streetlyvillan July 26, 2013 at 10:32 pm .

Totally out of order. Why don’t you crawl back under your stone.

Nocleansheetagain July 26, 2013 at 10:34 pm .

Why don’t you edit last chance or your banned Oohaghpaulmcgrath

AVFC JAY July 26, 2013 at 10:56 pm .

This site is slowly losing it’s appeal. Allowing people like this to post offensive things to other users for having an opinion is unacceptable. If possible these such posters should be IP banned.

On the game though, good to see us be more ruthless with attack. Not settling for 3 is always a good sign. I know it’s pre-season but it will do them a world of good regarding confidence levels. Starting lineup looks like it could be the same XI we on the 1st game.

UTV

Mcgrath Is King July 26, 2013 at 11:05 pm .

Couple of changes I reckon Jay.

I think 9 of the side that were doing well at the end of the season, with Okore (if fit) and Luna making up the 11. Would like to see Bacuna start but Sylla, Delph and Westwood were very good as a trio towards the end of the season and I think they’ll get the nod to begin with

OohAhPaulMcGrath July 27, 2013 at 12:04 am .

Iv warned both parties to play nicely AVFC JAY. A bit of name calling is ok on certain occasions when it’s part of banter but me and Anon won’t tolerate offensive names being called to people. I don’t want to ban anyone but if behaviour carries on il have no choice lets hope people play nicely and stick to good debate positive or negative and some harmless banter.

Mcgrath Is King July 27, 2013 at 12:22 am .

You’ve warned BOTH??!!

What exactly did MD8 do or say to warrant a warning? Take a load of, nonsensical, abuse?

As I see it, the only thing that MD8 did to warrant a warning was to be far too passive and not tell him to go fuck himself!

OohAhPaulMcGrath July 27, 2013 at 12:28 am .

Actually your are right MIK i misread one of his comments but re read and he was just paraphrasing what was said to him. I’m Sorry MD8 my fault.

Mcgrath Is King July 27, 2013 at 12:41 am .

Fair play mate.

On the lighter side of the subject of abuse……I’ve been reading the Lincoln Lawyer by Michael Connelly over the past few days and there was a glorious moment towards the end when the main character describes one of his clients. A male prostitute in hot pants by the name of……..Terry Jones!!

Add that image to his twitter photo and try to get some sleep tonight 😉

OohAhPaulMcGrath July 27, 2013 at 10:59 am .

Lol that’s funny

AVFC JAY July 26, 2013 at 10:58 pm .

Minus KEA and Clark (hopefully with Okore in his place)

Foxy July 27, 2013 at 8:40 am .

I think you’ve hit the nail on the head. Westwood I think needs to remain captain. Vlaar does the captaincy bit well but if he’s not performing on the pitch I don’t really see how it can work. I do actually want Vlaar and Clark to do well, just not at the expense of Villa’s progression up the table, and I’m hoping with competent defenders around him Vlaar will improve. Clark needs to be loaned out to get some decent Championship playing in, we have enough cover for CB and can bring him back if it starts to look like he’ll be needed.

leesduc July 26, 2013 at 11:09 pm .

Robinson looks a good prospect – good feet, confident, wants the ball.

Benno July 26, 2013 at 11:20 pm .

Interesting how much KEA is being played in pre-season given that he barely had a look in last year. I guess PL hasnt given up on him just yet. Be interesting to see who the midfield 3 ends up being…only really Westwood is guaranteed to start.

MarkDraperNumber8 July 26, 2013 at 11:29 pm .

As AVFC Jay says. the site is losing a little appeal of late.

I like this site a lot, it’s refreshing to have open debate both positive and negative, but only to a point, when it becomes a slagging match which I don’t buy into it’s out of order. Those types of people need to be banned.
    I’m well up for banter, it’s fun and strikes good healthy conversation from both sides of the coin for all of us to discuss, we are after all, supporting the same cause. But it needs to be within bounds, If someone wants to call me a arse for saying KEA is good, go ahead, it’s your opinion but at least come back with a reason to why you disagree rather than saying your a “retarded mong”, it’s nonsense. To be honest it started quite funny but got a little out of hand haha and other comments he made to others on here were ridiculous also.

I disagree with oohah almost every bloody day (the pessmistic bastard) but he backs himself up with reasons why he disagrees, causing healthy debate. UTV

Nocleansheetagain July 26, 2013 at 11:34 pm .

Are you really that fuckin stupid? “Come back with a reason why I disagree? I told you twice, including once in idiot terms to help you understand my reasoning for saying he was shite. You obviously struggle to understand basic English. You come across as though you’re really fuckin stupid. That justifies why I called you a (edit) I can’t allow that either. Don’t make me ban you Oohaghpaulmcgrath

MarkDraperNumber8 July 26, 2013 at 11:51 pm .

Que?

OohAhPaulMcGrath July 27, 2013 at 12:08 am .

Come on mate plz stop using offensive words and play nicely.

OohAhPaulMcGrath July 27, 2013 at 12:00 am .

Hi mate can u and no clean sheet play nicely 🙂 thanks. On the Kae front I’m afraid I don’t rate him in the slightest he runs around like a headless chicken but gets nowhere fast. He makes a lot of errors which puts midfield and defence under pressure. He’s also a bit lightweight for the prem.

Mark July 27, 2013 at 12:39 am .

Agreed KEA does not look a Premier League player, but he’s an old head who can lead our FA/League cup squads against lower opposition and if he’s happy playing a bit part player he’s only on about £15k per week and has European experience.
        Lambert clearly thinks he has something to offer the squad and that is good enough for me, either that or he’s at last chance saloon before he joins ‘the bomb squad’ and is farmed off. Thing is he will be a lot easier to shift than the others……………………

Lionheart July 27, 2013 at 12:51 am .

Some complete twat of a bloke makes a dumb ass name like nocleansheet and is blatantly on here to cause trouble and use school boy cliches.

Even tells someone to fcuk his mum and yet admin are telling him to play nice.

WTF is that all about lads.. He should’ve been banned strait away.. He’s only on here to bait people..

OohAhPaulMcGrath July 27, 2013 at 11:01 am .

Hi Lionheart iv only just picked up on that comment and deleted it. If I see one more offensive remark of him he will be banned. No more warnings.

whenyouscore5youdontneedacleansheet July 27, 2013 at 6:17 am .

nuff said 😉