Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
    Benno September 21, 2013 at 6:55 pm .

Thought we were great first half…could have scored 2 or 3. Weimann was especially unlucky. Second half we were lucky to hold on, but great game from Guzan and the defence threw themselves in whenever needed. Nice ti finally not concede.

Delph played well again, although im not convinced by KEA. I really dont get his inclusion. Tonev was dire today, all he does is shoot or give the ball away. Thankfully he can only get better.

Great to see Kozak score, although hopefully Benteke isnt out for too long.

Although is it just me…or is our team just crying out for that attacking midfielder that we didnt buy!! Gabby playing there today?? Looks like clutching at straws to me from Lambert…

Kerryvillan September 21, 2013 at 7:07 pm .

I have to say i don’t agree with 99% of what ooh ah says but he is always here win lose or draw, its only terry that will come out when we lose! He is a nose for sure, only ever has bad things to say, KEA was good 2day Delph was brill, tonev utter crap but its his 1st game, still a LOT to learn though, helenius was decent when he came on, kozak will be a good player, he’s no benteke but makes good runs and defensively better than the beast, bacuna will be very good in time i tink, RB is not his position and he did very well, luna was against a good winger in snodgras and think it was 50-50 between them 2day, but Lamberts subs were strange to say the least and i just don’t get why we don’t hold onto the ball when leading? It puts us under so so so much pressure its no wonder we concede so much! And sorry ooh ah but vlar Clark and guzan were excellent 2day no matter what u say!

OohAhPaulMcGrath September 21, 2013 at 10:58 pm .

Agree vlaar and Clark did well credit where credits due. But they were still dodgy in opening 30 mins after that they both improved

Foxy September 21, 2013 at 7:21 pm .

I’m still reserving judgement until Christmas, we know we can play away from home, it’s at Villa Park we need to see wins and clean sheets. I remain optimistic and expect to be flamed again for it but we’re only five games in. I didn’t see the match sadly. In a way I’m looking forward to seeing us play a couple of matches without Benteke, just so we can get an idea of how good Kozak actually is, but it really is a worry about Benteke being injured.

Terry Jones September 21, 2013 at 7:41 pm .

Well while watching the game in my local was pleased to see a clean sheet & three points & had it not been for Sir Brad Gurzen & Sir Gabby of Villa then things may have been a lot different.Am still not overly convinced we have a team that is anywhere near being mid-table or higher.But a win is a win no matter how you do it.So am going to watch again on MOTD & will sit whilst watching with a rather large glass of whiskey a rye smile on my face & a cigar.

billys boots September 21, 2013 at 8:18 pm .

how do you get a rye smile on a cigar?

Terry Jones September 21, 2013 at 8:36 pm .

Billy mate meant on me face had a few while watching the game so may not sober up till Monday.Nice three points though.

Lionheart September 21, 2013 at 7:45 pm .

Just come and and all is ay is OOhaah fcuking moaning away FFS..

TJ doesn’t think we have a team that should be around midtable and yet after more then half of our games being against three top six teams we sit 12th..

You couldn’t make this sh!t up….!!

Ardent Villain September 21, 2013 at 9:55 pm .

Personally I’d have taken the clean sheet even at 0-0; the win was a bonus – at last the defence can start to have some self-belief, and they won’t have that dismal record hanging around them at the start of every game.

I might be in a minority here, but if Benteke is only out for a couple of games then I’m not too worried – Kozak will come into his own and the likes of Wiemann need to come out of the Belgian’s shadow again; Villa shouldn’t be a one-man team.

Overall a very good day for Villa!

Bencey83 September 21, 2013 at 10:06 pm .

Agreed, might do us some good to be without Benteke for a bit. Might do Benteke’s ego some good too!

Bencey83 September 22, 2013 at 9:21 am .

Can’t argue with Benteke’s quality – the young man is a class act. Still don’t think he has even hit his full potential yet, which is a scary thought!