Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
    Bencey83 September 21, 2013 at 3:13 pm .

Fantastic to see the team grind out a 1-0 win after last week’s dismal display against Newcastle. However, the possession stats suggest it was all Norwich.

A bit concerning that our two key players (in my opinion) – Okore and Benteke – are out with injuries. Hopefully Benteke won’t be out for too long, but I think it will be good to give someone like Kozak or Helenius a run to help them find their feet. You never know, Benteke might struggle to get back in!

With regards to Lowton, I’m sure Lambert has just told the lad to have a day off. He played practically every game last season and looked a bit off the pace last week, so maybe it will do him good to be rested for a spell.

marvin September 21, 2013 at 3:38 pm .

It was scrappy, but overall it is a great result. The result and clean sheet will do wonders for the moral. Today was definitely an improvement from the Newcastle game though.

Guzan was outstanding. Commanded the area well and snapped up pretty much everything that crossed in front of him today.

Gabby, Wiemann both did what they do best. Gabby looked lively running at the defense and Wiemann’s eye for picking out passes is only getting better with each game. As for Gabby coming off, I think it was the right call. Especially with the Spurs and Man City coming up. With Benteke out at least a week, we will need Gabby to be 100% for both games.

Benteke, I’m eager to hear how bad his injury is. Although I’m glad we picked up Kozak. Helenius still hasn’t found his feet yet, but Kozak looked good and I enjoyed him helping out in defense. I think he will only get better.

Bacuna, Luna I thought coped well and the team as a whole looked solid, unified.

Tonev, he’s like a young Holman. Runs all day, finds himself in the right place at the right time, but his decision making and overall finishing was extremely poor. Personally I think he is just trying to hard to get that first goal.

villa1996 September 21, 2013 at 3:49 pm .

All about the result today good win the team needs to build on this and get their act together no going backwards next week today was a step in the right direction but only a small step were too far behind in turns of play but one win doesnt mean Lerner or lambert are off the hook dont you fans forget that

joty September 21, 2013 at 3:58 pm .

About Lowton: maybe PL was angry with him about the 2nd goal conceded against Newcastle when he wasn´t marking his man and let him in much too easily. Could be the reason.

Otherwise, this win should give us some much needed self-confidence.

In 5 games we had to change our defence every time but I have the feeling we are getting stronger in this direction. But we have to keep the ball much better. This was the reason why Norwich could put a lot of pressure on us.

Aston thrillers September 21, 2013 at 5:17 pm .

IM saying my Aston thrillers will be up to 10th place end of play tomoz

B6 September 21, 2013 at 5:22 pm .

No show from oohah and terry as yet…..they must be comforting each other after todays result. 🙂

Bill Pearson September 21, 2013 at 5:29 pm .

I did hear that Oohah is getting in touch with Terry to ask what went wrong, it was not supposed to happen.

#HELENIUS September 21, 2013 at 5:49 pm .

Not sure what It looked like on TV but being there, for me (and others around me), Weimann was terrible. Leaves Luna exposed sooo much while he’s waving his hand in the air looking for somebody to blame for his poor pass…..
    Just goes to show that you can get up em on a small pitch, so much so KEA had a blinder.
    Bacuna, Clarke & Delph were quality and even Helenius & Kojak were good.
    3 points, VP Tuesday, C’mon the lads…!!!