News round up

There’s not really much happening, but I thought I might go through a few things, just to see if they raise some discussion points.

First off is the news that AVFC have banned eleven members of Brigada 1874 from the ground on the basis that they’ve ignored warnings about the ground regulations.
Now I know that there are mixed feelings about this group, but it strikes me as a shame.
Yes, I know they can be a pain in the backside in being rowdy and obstructing the view, etc, but my experience is that they do help to create a better atmosphere; something that has been desperately lacking at Villa Park at times, in my opinion.
Football grounds are already too sterile and while I know the club will say they have to follow the rules, I do suspect they go out of their way to make examples of this sort of thing and it just alienates those who run the club from the fans even more.
But then, perhaps I’ve got things wrong?
The club has been awarded the “best fan engagement” at the Football business awards.
I’m not sure what to think about that, but it’s probably another irrelevant KPI box ticked.

We’ve been linked to various players already, but I’m not even going to go into those stories, as I think they’re all total rubbish.
I very much doubt Remi Garde has had time to properly assess the players we have got, seeing as he only met them face to face for the first time just over a week ago, let alone have made up his mind about who he wants in.

Perhaps of more interest is the story that Tiago Ilori could be on his way back to Liverpool, as Jurgen Klopp wants to see all the available players.
That part might make sense, but what doesn’t, is the news that the player is supposed to be injured or at least not fit.
So why they’d want to recall a player who isn’t ready, when we’re paying his wages, doesn’t make sense to me. No doubt we’ll see.

Talksport (yes, I know) ran an article about some super computer that has run an algorithm that predicts the final league positions.
We’re predicted to come 18th. That’s possibly an improvement on last months prediction.
They also ran an article about the average height of teams, where a quick glance showed we were around midtable and the conclusion was that height doesn’t matter.
Talk about irrelevant subjects, but I do have to laugh.
I don’t think I’ll bother putting links up for them.

In better news, the under-21s whupped Genk 1-6 in Belgium. Hepburn-Murphy bagged a couple and that’s a great result at any level.

1. GIDDYVILLAN November 14, 2015 at 5:11 pm . Reply

Festers a useless bastard offered absolutely fuckall,him & Sherwood was like the blind leading the blind.Sherwood can now compare notes with his good buddy Ramsey how to be a complete fuckup.LOL long live REMI UTV

1. Dave67 November 14, 2015 at 5:46 pm . Reply

There are a lot of pundits and British manager looking for Garde to fail I think there is a bit of jealousy toward overseas managers coming to the EPL. I honestly think we have the right man to take us up the table. Wilkins you failed.

1. Hitchens 60 November 14, 2015 at 6:16 pm . Reply

Too true D67

2. OohAhPaulMcGrath November 15, 2015 at 10:58 am . Reply

Media are pissed off he joined us they want him at a sky 4 club. Garde will do for us what pochetino did for saints

2. Hitchens 60 November 14, 2015 at 6:19 pm . Reply

Hey Giddy – stop pussyfooting around and say what you really think :-). 🙂

1. GIDDYVILLAN November 14, 2015 at 6:21 pm . Reply

😀

2. Bill Pearson November 14, 2015 at 6:20 pm . Reply

We’ve not had a manager at Villa for years, we’ve had nodding dogs that say I’m a manager, I’m inclined to think its going to change with this guy, I very much hope so.

3. Bill Pearson November 14, 2015 at 6:44 pm . Reply

Thank you giddy and hitch.

4. Dave67 November 14, 2015 at 7:21 pm . Reply

Is there any update on Amavi s injury.

1. Andrew November 14, 2015 at 9:40 pm . Reply

Or so people claim they sit there.

5. bencey83 November 14, 2015 at 11:02 pm . Reply

Can’t we recall Sissokho from load – the lad is a solid defender.

1. Andrew November 15, 2015 at 12:47 am . Reply

Nope, he wasn’t registered in the 25 man squad so he being recalled doesn’t allow us to play him.

1. Benno November 15, 2015 at 3:32 am . Reply

What about Bennett? Is that the same for him? He has to be a better option than Richardson!

1. Andrew November 15, 2015 at 5:48 am . Reply

Same for him, he wasn’t added to the 25 man squad. We’re stuck with Richardson or bringing up Kinsella.

6. Hitchens 60 November 15, 2015 at 7:11 am . Reply

See the Adebayor rumours have resurfaced!

1. GIDDYVILLAN November 15, 2015 at 7:59 am . Reply

Hitch I was just reading that in the brum mail mate,I thought he was Sherwoods love child??

1. Hitchens 60 November 15, 2015 at 8:43 am . Reply