Page 2 of 2 1 2
  1. Saddened February 25, 2015 at 5:17 pm . Reply

Hmmmm buy a football club in the relegation zone…… no chance.
    you either buy it in the Championship at a reduced price or when premiership survival is guaranteed to get the TV money.

1. Andrew February 25, 2015 at 5:22 pm . Reply

Wouldn’t expect anything to be done till the summer anyways. Even if they were currently in talks to sell.

2. Jay Dee February 25, 2015 at 5:53 pm . Reply

Indy gets most things correct he does mostly the top 6 clubs normally pretty good utv

1. Hitchens 60 February 25, 2015 at 6:55 pm . Reply

I commented before that Lerner could be looking to dilute his ownership rather than sell outright, particularly if dilution Led to an increase in investment. When he sold the Browns he retained 30% I believe for a number of years with (I assume) an option to sell at the end of that period.

2. DSVilla February 26, 2015 at 8:49 am . Reply

Changing tack, just read this on Newsnow. Maybe he will come good after all, and at least Sherwood will want to take a look at him.

3. GIDDYVILLAN February 26, 2015 at 9:29 am . Reply

I agree I do think he’ll take a look unlike his predecessor who’d more likely just dump him on the bench.its nice to see his performing unlike some we have.

4. Colonius81 February 26, 2015 at 11:01 am . Reply

this was one of the hopes i had attached to sherwood arrival, that he would give grealish and gardner a look – honestly comparing gardner to cleverly and westwood and based on previous performances I don’t see a massive risk in playing him at all. and I think he still has quite a bit of potential – he has just lost a lot of ground to injury but delph made up some of that ground – hope gardner can too.
    he seems to be taking to the regista role at forrest

5. Andrew February 26, 2015 at 7:46 pm . Reply

Not sure I’d want Bilic after watching today (obviously we have Sherwood but before he came, myself and a few mentioned his name). He’s isolated Ba as bad as Lambert did Benteke. Yes Besiktas look better than us, especially going forward but they don’t create a lot either.

1. OohAhPaulMcGrath February 27, 2015 at 12:04 am . Reply

They were up against a better team though called liverpool who they managed to beat over 2 legs.

1. Andrew February 27, 2015 at 1:08 am . Reply

“better team”, arguable. A tactically inept Liverpool in Europe. And it doesn’t matter that they beat them over 2 legs, he still left Ba incredibly isolated and it took an incredible strike from Arslon to take it to penalties.

Never said he was bad, it just amazes me how isolated and useless Ba was until the 2nd half.