Leeds 1 – 1 Villa; 2 points dropped?

It’s only immediate thoughts, but I’m reasonably happy with the result.
I believe we were the better team overall, even though we had a poor first half.

We dominated the second half and if it wasn’t for some very poor defending by Samba, we’d have won this.

What disappointed me most, was the fact that some on here were convinced that we were going to be thrashed.
With even a 3-0 predicted, at one point.
Who needs supporters, when that’s how they think?

Jeez, I don’t expect us to win every game, but my opinion is that we could and should have won today.
And to see so called fans expect us to get battered just makes me wonder what we have to do.

I said that if we won this, someone was going to get both barrels for being so negative.

Sadly we didn’t, because Samba is rubbish at defending.

But we should have won, if you actually look at the game.
Hence I believe that’s 2 points dropped.

No doubt some will say I’m talking out of my proverbial.
But I’ll bet we’ll finish higher than leeds.

And if we do, we won’t be far away.

Unfortunately, I suspect that result might prove really costly at the end of the season.
We need to be winning this sort of game if we’re going up.

Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
  1. nath December 5, 2017 at 11:51 am . Reply

lol my analysis on wolves scum game, was not intended to say we should catch them. it was basically how i saw the game. was not intended to say i believe they can be caught. but that said wolves do play a high tempo game, i cant believe they can play the whole championship at that tempo. without picking up injuries.
    villa should be looking ahead not behind them. whilst we probably cant catch wolves its no harm in aiming for them. aiming to match their results will see villa keep up their standards. securing the playoffs then hopefully catch and take cardiff for the runner up place

p/s i forget to say i thought the referee was over protecting wolves and was not allowing scum to rough them up. which aided wolves and hinder scum games

2. owen December 5, 2017 at 11:57 am . Reply

Wolves first, Villa second for me but i reckon Wolves will still have a bad run where we could cut into their lead.

1. nath December 5, 2017 at 12:14 pm . Reply

cardiff will have a say in this prediction. but their squad is much smaller and they will be extremely lucky to avoid injuries. villa need to receive some lady luck,avoiding any more injuries,clear up some outstanding injuries

villa should have been commended, for coping sofar with their injuries we suffered. it would have crippled most championship clubs, villa have coped well, its still a worry, we are going into the mad festival period with a depleted squad. almost down to the bare bones.

3. nath December 6, 2017 at 9:08 am . Reply

does anybody know Rolando Aarons ??? we are supposedly linked with, hes a winger not the main striker type we need. anybody seen him, fill us in on the type of player he is.

news out yesterday gabby is back to help out up front. i seriously doubt he can play the role. but he can do the work second half. after davis has worked the defence then gabby can come on, use his only asset speed to beat a tired defence.

anybody hear any rumours share them.

1. Guest December 7, 2017 at 1:39 pm . Reply

Gabby hasn’t been fast since 2010.

4. owen December 6, 2017 at 9:20 am . Reply

yes, i think gabby can do a job last twenty minutes of games – but i hope if he does get a few goals and we go up he does not get a new contract – his time is up.

1. nath December 6, 2017 at 9:28 am . Reply

i forgot to say that lol he is looking for a extension. able to discuss with another club i think this jan. so how committed would he be. i don’t think i would risk myself knowing, current employers wasn’t going to give me new contract. its a tough one while he needs to impress he doesn’t want to pull or blow a gasket

5. Andrew December 7, 2017 at 5:14 pm . Reply

Rolando Aarons is a quick winger, with serious injury issues, but according to Newcastle fans who’ve commented on the rumours on different sites, claim he’s by far the best and most talented winger they have when fit, unfortunately he’s never fit. Best youth player they’ve had in years.

Most recent link is a 27 year old German division 2 midfielder named Dominick Drexler. Has 8 goals so far this season and believes he’s good enough to make it at a Bundesliga club. We’ve reportedly scouted him, as has Newcastle and Cardiff if reports are too be believed. Seems more to be a replacement for Onomah, as he’s an attacking midfielder, although can play up front, he usually doesn’t. Never played above the 2nd division.

Still said to be tracking Michal Krmencik, although he’s in advanced talks with a move to Croatia.

United, Tottenham and us have offered a trial to Mikolaj Bieganski, a 15 year old Polish goal keeper.

1. Andrew December 7, 2017 at 5:16 pm . Reply

Apparently Bruce really wants a premier league striker who isn’t playing, and Oli McBurnie is his first choice. Not one I get.

6. nath December 7, 2017 at 6:38 pm . Reply

haven’t we been linked with that german before ?? drexler was it under lambert. cheers for the info on the winger. i hope bruce just gets a stopgap striker. no needs to gamble on a untried cheap striker. if we did get promoted we would need to replace him with better quality.

7. nath December 8, 2017 at 6:23 am . Reply

researched the swansea kid. i haven’t seen him play. his physical stature is very much the same of davis. i saw a few goals he scored, he gets across the defender very well. can he hold the ball up and bring in the villa runners which davis did so brilliantly to start with.answer ??? who knows time will see.

if they are singling him out and not ulloa it might be wages are a issue. but this kid has potential, its a risk but so are all signings.

8. owen December 8, 2017 at 8:18 am . Reply

I think we need a tried and tested target man in january – Ulloa would be great but unlikeley – I wonder who is out there who might come on loan from a prem club with a chance of regualr football right now and then regular prem football if we go up?

9. owen December 8, 2017 at 8:23 am . Reply

i wouldn’t be surprised if Bruce is planning to hang his hat on Gabby and hope for the best – if we go up with Davis, Gabby and RHM as the 3 strikers we use the most then we all need to give him a lot of credit – already we are 5th, chasing down 2nd with only one fit teenage striker to rely on! All hail Steven Roger Bruce!

10. Bill Pearson December 8, 2017 at 9:50 am . Reply

Don’t think your far out on that assumption Owen a bout Gabby, i think we have to remember also Gabby contract ends July or their about, should he play him he’s on mega money also a new 1 year contract he would ask for. So I ask myself do we want him or not, he’s been a thorn in the side and has distrupted the side over the years. My take on this is find a new man for the future.