Lansbury in the bag; Pros and Cons

I have to say straight off that I’m not 100% convinced by the source, which is HITC;

Since when have they ever been first in coming out with Villa news?

Whatever, I’m willing to stick my neck on the block in going with it, as I think it’s in the bag anyway.

So what does he bring to us?

He can stick his foot in (that’s Westwood hopefully demoted) and creates and scores (likewise Gardner) when he’s on his game, which he has been lately.
Consider he’s in a team that’s struggling and a club that’s in a very iffy place with the takeover turmoil, yet he’s still achieving, that surely has to be a good thing?

But, he can disappear in games.
Indeed, if you read the Forest fans views, there are just as many want him gone as want him to stay, because of his inconsistency.

Whatever, at £3 millon he has to be worth a go and weren’t there similar suggestions about Adomah, who I think has been mostly good for us?

Hmm, the title isn’t that relevant really, is it?, as I can’t see many downsides.

The rumoured £40k a week wages might prove to be a drag if it goes wrong, but overall I’d say this is a great buy.
A hopefully rejuvenated player (inspired by the massive wage rise) in a club that’s seemingly on the up should help move us forward.

1. Hitchens 60 January 13, 2017 at 4:25 pm . Reply

Apparently bid £1m for Barnsley captain Hourihane again a player out of contract in the summer. SB said we did have a Ho for Schlupp (sic) but couldn’t match Prem – going to be an ongoing problem; Bree probably falls into same catalogue.

I’m starting to feel we may not be successful in getting many in and will have to rely on the players we have!

1. Hitchens 60 January 13, 2017 at 4:28 pm . Reply

Ho 🙂 go

2. GIDDYVILLAN January 13, 2017 at 4:43 pm . Reply

That sounds like a joke of a bid surely the club know that’ll be rejected

1. Hitchens 60 January 13, 2017 at 5:44 pm . Reply

Not sure Giddy – given that he’s out of contract at the end of the season.

3. pat57 January 13, 2017 at 5:58 pm . Reply

@H60 Don’t panic – we’ve still got 18 days to go.

That’s what I keep telling myself anyway 🙂

1. Hitchens 60 January 13, 2017 at 6:16 pm . Reply

Pat – Jonesy’s great line but does that make me Mr. Mannering! 🙂

1. GIDDYVILLAN January 13, 2017 at 6:45 pm . Reply

Mainwaring I’ve picked bill up on it before 😁

1. Hitchens 60 January 13, 2017 at 8:49 pm .

Sorry Giddy 🙂

2. Bill Pearson January 13, 2017 at 7:09 pm . Reply

Badger , thanks for that spoke to Hitch. Giddy we’re Doomed doomed i tell you no midfielders. That’s another fine mess Stanley. Love em mate. You cannot beat the old one’s.

1. Hitchens 60 January 13, 2017 at 8:49 pm . Reply

Love it Bill – another great one liner. Lovely to speak to you earlier.

3. Miffedvillain January 13, 2017 at 7:29 pm . Reply

What’s happened, did Lerner come back. Transfers are slow and TBH I don’t believe our chairman has the financial clout were led to believe.

1. Ardent Villain January 13, 2017 at 8:09 pm . Reply

So how much would you suggest offering for Championship players who are out of contract anyway in 6 months’ time?

1. Miffedvillain January 14, 2017 at 3:14 pm . Reply

Interesting question, but nothing to do with my opinion. I’m starting to read the same old rubbish we’ve been hearing for years, so excuse me if I don’t get into some debate/arguemenr with you. I see what I see, and I was right about Lerner so I may be right about Tony,” just saying”

4. Bill Pearson January 13, 2017 at 8:16 pm . Reply

I wonder if the agents moan about it after all their free to what ever club that wants them.