John McGinn update and BMH news

I don’t suppose either subjects are massively important, but it’s news anyway, given that we don’t play again until over a week’s time.
Call it me cynically trying to maintain some interest, if you like. Which is basically what it is and I’m not trying to hide it.

So first off John McGinn has spoken to prince William and suggested that he might be ready in six weeks.
Dean Smith seems to confirm that his protective boot is due to come off, so that’s good.
But I personally think six weeks sounds ambitious.
It seems McGinn is a good healer, but even so it sounds a bit of a push.
Six weeks to be running, maybe, but fully up to speed, ready to play? Well, I’m cynical.
And then of course, there’s the mental effect.
Will the injury mean that McGinn won’t go in for tackles the way he used to, as we all know can affect players?

Personally I doubt it.
McGinn reminds me of one of my all time favourite Villa players and another Scot, in Alex Cropley.
He broke his leg twice while at Arsenal and came back just as willing to put the boot in for us. Indeed it was only(!?) his third leg break that finally finished him off.
He was a crafted player, who had an eye for a decent pass, while being tough with it, all while being only slightly built.
I doubt there’s any footage to see, but if there is, you should have a look.

So hurry back John, we massively miss you!

And then there’s a bit of news about Bodymoor Heath, where it seems there’s some good work going on in improving the facilities.
I can’t say I’m a big fan of the place, ever since the club stopped you going and actually watching the players train without an outsized pair of binoculars and I’ve been a constant critic of our academy which never seems to produce much of note (Grealish apart).
But I do appreciate that it’s where the players do most of their work and needs to kept up to date.
I seem to remember that the last time we refurbed it not long ago, it was called state of the art.
But now, it seems that the gym was small and needed extending?
Hmm, it would seem there was some club PR going on at the time and there probably still is.
Whatever, the fact that we’re improving the facility (albeit that the club has had a payout from HS2, which has probably paid for most of it) is to be commended.

Roll on the important stuff, which is the footy eh?

Holte66 February 10, 2020 at 7:09 pm .

Doesn’t really matter who is the ref! It will be a final with damage limitation in mind.

Holte66 February 10, 2020 at 7:14 pm .

Lee Mason is a Bolton fan so more likely to favour Villa possibly?

Mark February 10, 2020 at 9:48 pm .

Does anybody really believe that referees are honest about which team they actually support when asked to declare it ? I remember Graham ‘3 yellow cards and you’re off’ Poll refereeing the 2000 FA Cup final against us. Apparently he stated that he was a QPR fan when there was allegedly evidence that he followed Chelsea. I went to Old Trafford a few years ago for the first of two Premier League reserve finals against Manure Utd. I recall that Lee Mason gave that ‘where is he now ?’ bighead Federico Macheda a very dodgy penalty to make it 3-3. They went on to win on penalties. He is a red.No doubt.

Bill Pearson February 11, 2020 at 10:31 am .

Mark, remember him giving 3 yellow cards in that game, ive always advocated some refs are inclined to favour their team. That’s why it fell on deaf ears when I said the FA should look on games of critical importance to thousands of fans. I firmly think it should be part of our game that if you employ a ref from his home town its subject to being unfair to fans.

nath February 11, 2020 at 7:57 pm .

is anybody around ??

can not seem to get the leeds game working. i had problems other day too watching Bournemouth game. i thought it was the weather but i just have upgraded my hub 2 to hub3 and i suspect my providers have blocked me watching footy 🙁 can somebody try to get a working link for leeds game so i can see if i can stream or not. much appreciated

nath February 11, 2020 at 8:33 pm .

thanks for your concern guys lol i don’t think the leeds game is not on any working links, i found some footy so i am relieved my systems works still. i can not miss us on the run in

Hitchens60 February 11, 2020 at 9:57 pm .

According to Smith – Davis out for two to three weeks – slight hamstring strain but not bad. Seems Delaney pulling him off quickly was a sensible move. Konsa fit and McGinn maybe mid March although it seems he’s pushing to be fit for the Cup Final. It really wouldn’t surprise me to see him on the bench.

badger123 February 11, 2020 at 10:05 pm .

Davis stepping onto the pitch for a full game seems like a guaranteed injury.
      He really needs to show he can play games and get clattered, without getting injured, by the summer.
      Else, he’s gone.
      Doesn’t score anywhere near enough for me, anyway and never going to cut it, imo.

badger123 February 11, 2020 at 9:59 pm .

I was concerned for you Nath. Hmm 🙂

But I’ve on;y just seen your comment.

Far too late to advise now.
    Did you ever check out the Wow sports app?
    Maybe now renamed to Vola sports?

nath February 12, 2020 at 7:44 pm .

i don’t think the leeds game had a working link. i did manage to watch swansea for about 10 mins until it bored me. main thing is my set up did work. i also improved my system by splitting the 2.4 and 5 GHz i think this caused my system to drop out. i will check out the app you mentioned. cheers for your concern too b/s lmao

Big Fat Ron February 11, 2020 at 10:43 pm .

Hogan scores the winner for the blose and they’ve won 3 on the trot since he signed. Makes an absolute mockery of the decisions being made at VP.

Meanwhile, we’re waiting for this guy’s debut:

I guess all you can do is laugh!

Holte66 February 12, 2020 at 6:04 pm .

With Kienan Davis as fragile as a straw house in a hurricane, I don’t understand why we have let Hogan go out on loan to Small Heath (on probably part paid wages) and brought in a failed premier / championship player in Baston (on probably full wage payment) The longer the season goes on, the more I question the likes of Suso & co. Doesn’t feel any different to the Faulkner days! Do we sign players purely on stats? Such as playing Football Manager on PC!