If We Don’t Win-Draw!

There is no doubting tonight’s game is a six pointer. But in reality a draw is good enough. It still gives daylight between us and the bottom three.

But one crucial point that Sherwood and the team do not seem to grasp is that every point is valuable no matter if it does not seem that way at the time. The result v Stoke could easily have been avoided and to do the same thing against Swansea is either naive or complete stupidity. We could easily be sitting on an extra 2 points now and it is ridiculous we have not done so.

When myself a I am sure most posters on here were taught football as kids one of the basic mantras we learned is ‘if you can’t win a game then don’t lose it’. One of the reasons Sherwood had a good win percentage at Spurs was he either won a game or lost a game with hardly any draws. This is fine when you are midtable with nothing to lose but Sherwood must change this philosophy starting with tonight.

I am no fan of Sherwood’s and he has been found out already as a decent motivator with the tactical IQ of a water melon!

Having said that I still think he has enough about him to keep us up and whatever happens tonight I expect us to still be playing in the premier next season. My prediction is Villa 3 Qpr 1. UTV

1. Dave67 April 7, 2015 at 9:42 pm . Reply

Don’t know how I feel taught we would get 3 points .

2. #HELENIUS April 7, 2015 at 9:42 pm . Reply

Take that. Richardson aside we were alright, although v a very poor QPR who I thought would be better than that.

Yet again the beast may single handedly keep us up, not bad for….what is he again…..shit, overrated??

3. Bencey83 April 7, 2015 at 9:43 pm . Reply

Great to see Benteke getting back in the goals. Can’t help but feel we needed 3 points in this one, but the point is massive psychologically, as it keeps us out of the bottom 3 (for now) and 3 points ahead of QPR. Really need the other teams to lose their games in hand now! Don’t think my heart can take another season of this!!! Give me mid-table mediocrity any day of the week!

4. Tekkers48 April 7, 2015 at 9:44 pm . Reply

Phew. I placed a bet on QPR to win when we went 2 -1 up at 16/1 as a conciliation if it went tits up. I cashed out just seconds before Tekkers scored the third ! Happy with my bet but that was a game we should have won.

5. Bencey83 April 7, 2015 at 9:58 pm . Reply

QPR got tougher run in?! We’ve got two tough away games coming up in Spuds and Citeh with a trip to Wemberley in between. QPR have got two home games, both local derbies against Chelski and West Ham (who are out of form) – I reckon they’ll fancy themselves to pick up points in both of these games, whereas I’m not so convinced about our chances.

6. Bencey83 April 7, 2015 at 9:59 pm . Reply

Certainly more entertaining than sit back and hope for the best!

7. OriginalLondonLion April 7, 2015 at 10:00 pm . Reply

A interesting starting 11 who bossed the game until the changes. This was one of only two league games at VP, the other is the final game, where Brad Guzan is supposedly the better of the two keepers on show. Well I am not so sure now. No full back on the far post at corners – if that is what the keeper wants it is his job to cover balls to the back stick. He didn’t. The 3rd goal comes straight down the line between the pen spot and the middle and goes right through Guzan. This is a relegation quality keeper and he needs replacing. There is a good keeper at Ipswich.

8. villa1996 April 7, 2015 at 10:15 pm . Reply

Guzan terrible given would have saved them and don’t get me started on Richardson we would have a he’ll of lot more points if it wasn’t for them it was a mistake to sign has beens thanks lambert if we go down its because of this crap defence they cost us big time

1. Bum Bum April 7, 2015 at 11:24 pm . Reply

Clarke has been pretty solid all season. Why different tonight? Does Vlaar put him off???? Richardson could go though…