Great Start For Villa

Well despite all the doom and gloom of pre season (myself included) how refreshing to write something positive for once. Now I did not see the game so I am writing this on reports I have read elsewhere.

From the sound of it it sounds like we gave a good solid all round performance and kept on going till the end. From what I have read elsewhere Cissoko was MOTM and Vlaar and Sendeross had a ‘they shall not pass’ attitude. By all accounts Hutton was none too shabby either.

Of course there are negatives a lot of hoof ball for example.

But for once we should concentrate on the positives. Let’s not get carried away as we do not want a repeat of last year when we beat Arsenal. Make no mistake about it this was an excellent result against a team who have only lost 3 times at home last season and stuffed us 4.1 at VP.

Not many teams will go there and pick up points this season so let’s enjoy it while we can and long may it continue.

Page 1 of 1
  1. usainholte August 16, 2014 at 5:48 pm . Reply

Great result, villa were solid at the back, more than I have seen for a while. With Sanchez, benteke, Cole to come in, looking positive. It was great to see Keane having a good effect on the sidelines, utv!

2. LANGFORDVILLA August 16, 2014 at 5:56 pm . Reply

Who the fuck is ghostwriting for oohah? ๐Ÿ™‚
    Thats a very fair assessment IMO. Its great that we now have fullbacks whose priority is defending. I was really impressed with the grit determination and battling qualities on display. Only negative for me was Guzan’s kicking, it was shocking at times…..Keano give him such a stare on one occasion. You can guarantee that it got mentioned in the dressing room post match. I think we deserved the victory….both Gabby and Bacuna should have netted. I feel Gabby’s days at VP are numbered. When he loses his pace he has very little else to offer IMO.
    Top 10 finish…bring on the barcodes…should be interesting to see Tiote and Sanchez clashing next week if he plays.
    Well done lads….a well deserved 3 points!

3. LANGFORDVILLA August 16, 2014 at 6:04 pm . Reply

Why have we got 2 posts running at the same time?

4. Bill Pearson August 16, 2014 at 6:07 pm . Reply

Two post at once Jesus, solid defence now, what remains is going for goals, Abonglahor missing chances again time to reflect on his abilities now, all in all great result now Newcastle, oh happy days are back.

5. Bill Pearson August 16, 2014 at 6:08 pm . Reply

Just said that no talking to each other it seems.:-)

6. LANGFORDVILLA August 16, 2014 at 6:10 pm . Reply